UPDATE - Stratocaster problem ( Stratitus) made the Kemper sound raspy with distortion when Gain was used. Guitar returned to Sweetwater

• I barely browsed this thread...If the raspiness happens with all profiles on the Kemper, and your other guitars sound ok and not raspy....
    check the solder connections in that guitar?
    If its a gain thing I think you know what to do at the input stage or just run it through a pedal that can drop gain a bit like a ts9 with level lower..
    Good Luck

Powered Rack / Windows 10

• oooooh man.
    You know , I just bought the new American Standard with NOISELESS pickups because of this exact same issue, line noise, howling, hiss and spank overloads.
    I recommend the AM STD HSS. If you are committed you may want a set of http://www.kinman.com noiseless.
    cheers

Powered Rack / Windows 10

• Hey las.

I had a simular situation once with a cs strat though..sounded pure weird no matter what i ran it through..turned out the pickups were all out of phase.. So a quick stop to guitar tech, problem solved.

Im not suggesting this is the case for you, but might think to consider that option.

• Saith, Andy, the man with 2 full Fender packs!

Kinda makes sense if other guitars aren't a problem, it's the guitar. This will be an interesting case either way.

As for the FXII, you got a 15 day trial period, why not use it?
    If you do, let us know, there are some good banks out there to start with, since it typically takes a lot longer than 15 days to learn how to properly tweak it.

• Saith, Andy, the man with 2 full Fender packs!

Kinda makes sense if other guitars aren't a problem, it's the guitar. This will be an interesting case either way.

As for the FXII, you got a 15 day trial period, why not use it?
    If you do, let us know, there are some good banks out there to start with, since it typically takes a lot longer than 15 days to learn how to properly tweak it.

Good thought!

Guess what, I am :) It arrives tomorrow! We shall see if it likes the Strat better then the Kemper does.

• Hey las.

I had a simular situation once with a cs strat though..sounded pure weird no matter what i ran it through..turned out the pickups were all out of phase.. So a quick stop to guitar tech, problem solved.

Im not suggesting this is the case for you, but might think to consider that option.[/quote]

Excellent thought Andy. I have a luthier here in town that is Fender authorized. I will call them up.

Edited once, last by lasvideo ().

• Did you try to put a studio EQ e.g. in slot D - and then reduce the high frequencies?

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Good thought!

Guess what, I am :) It arrives tomorrow! We shall see if it likes the Strat better then the Kemper does.

fremen on TGP does banks that I loved with the ULTRA and I hear good things about his FXII tweaks. He's updated it to Firmware 14, so you might have to load down if it comes with v15 on it, which I think they recently last week came out with?

The FXII, like the KPA, is easy to go up and down on firmwares. At least you'll have a good starting point. If you load his stuff on the wrong firmware, some pedals black out and the sound is silent until you take those pedals out of the block.

Here is his site:
    http://axefremen.blogspot.com

• I checked your posts and the emails you send me ...

When you switch off the Amp block all is fine
    When you reduce the KPA gain all is fine
    When you reduce the volume on your guitar - it does not help.
    All your other guitars are fine

So there must come something strange out of your guitar and into the KPA - and the KPA does not like it.

Try to put this studio EQ before the AMP block and reduce the very deep and very high frequencies a lot - until it may work.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• Hey Las, Happy Birthday !
    I am not an expert at all, but I have a feeling something very "stupid" is problem here .

I have Fender Yngwie Malmsteem model among 4 other guitars.
    It took me quite a long time to learn how to tweak Kemper parameters to get good sound out of this guitar.
    Now, specific rigs for YJM have YJM in their name .
    Due extremely low output pickups and tiny strings (.008-.048 ), I have to add lots of distortion, compression , EQ's and few pedals
    But once tweaked, it sounds fantastic , and not overkilled with so many things on the top of profile it self.
    Somehow, that specific ,Holly Grail Fender tone is still there ....

If I play any of my Andersons with the same rig, my Speakers want to jump through the window (which have already broken glass) 8o .
    And more, so many effects and distortion simply kills original guitar sound .
    Weird?

The same thing with real amps I have as well.
    Gain is on 8 with YJM ,and on 3 or 4 with my TAG's....

On the end , guitarist without Fender is not happy guitarist !!! :D
    Cheers,
    Zoran

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• Good thought. Minimal fret buzz that does not seem excessive.

Even minimal fret buzz, on a strat, can be hard on the ears. When you are playing, and the volume of the sound coming from your speaker is louder than the unplugged volume on your guitar, it's easy to hit the strings with enough additional force to make them fret-out even more and increase the buzzing.

I had several amps that I just could not play a particular strat on....other, darker amps were no problem. Then I had a new set-up done, and I could play it on any amp.

• LasVegas, OK, it took me 10 minutes to record this "song" .
    Just played over some backing track with my Fender YJM and Watkins Dominator profile from Andy's TAF , one take , one pass , just did it ...
    Of course, forget on precise playing, it is just for presentation purpose (but I got the idea how to develop this song... :D ) , and it will be erased from SC in a next few days.

Gain is almost on 2 pm , plus Green Scream , plus Compressor , lots of EQ's -so you can get the idea .

I don't know is this will help you or not ...anyway I would say my sound is a little bit "raspy" as well .
    There is no faking way I have that raspy sound with any other guitar .
    So, it is about guitar if you ask me.

https://soundcloud.com/zoran-3/river-from-our-childhood

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• If you have someone that can work on the guitar does he by chance have another single coil strat that you could use to test out? Do you have another platform (Jamup Pro or Bias) you can test your guitar out with?

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• I have a 2013 HSS Stratocaster Select and have never had a problem. Sounds good no matter the profile. Definitely take Andy's suggestion and get those pickups checked out.

• Even minimal fret buzz, on a strat, can be hard on the ears. When you are playing, and the volume of the sound coming from your speaker is louder than the unplugged volume on your guitar, it's easy to hit the strings with enough additional force to make them fret-out even more and increase the buzzing.

I had several amps that I just could not play a particular strat on....other, darker amps were no problem. Then I had a new set-up done, and I could play it on any amp.

The sound clip the OP posted sounds totally like fret buzz to me. I wouldn't even be looking anywhere else for the problem.
    Cheers,
    Sam