• For the guys complaining about the Price

Here is a quick tip!

Choose a good engineer
    Rent a studio with propper gear
    Pick a amp of your choice
    Pick the mic´s of your choice
    Get the amp profiled
    Done!

There are about 80 (!) Amps profiled in the complete Pack, right?!
    For me, i don´t complain about the price. It´s a value! And what you receive, is for shure a good price/value ratio!
    I had enjoyed and still do Michaels work as an engineer on all these beautyful CD´s over the past years and can´t imagine he throws in bad profiles because there will be other engineers listening to these profiles to judge their own work.

And please don´t get me wrong. Some guys have to work hard for 200$!

• the medium and heavy profiles sound good from the demo but the clean were less than impressive to me... I'm interested in multiple profiles of an amp, much like Andy provides, which provides a variety of sounds of the amps capabilities, whereas MW has provided a spot or two of an amp with 2 to 6 profiles of it. It's more of a one shot of an approach... "I hope you like it" kinda thang...

so for specialty one shots, the MW's will be great I'm sure.. but for me, I'm prefer more coverage of the breadth of the amp... which provides more room for creativity and toning to ones likeness or needs.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• I think most folks are a bit stunned cause they had the impression that this was going to be a free pack.
    Together with what seems like a pretty high price at first, that might tickle some to overreact.

I really liked some of tones I heared in the Demo videos so far, some others not so much.
    I'm pretty sure I'd only jump on this if I could choose a bit more what I want to get (single packs or so).

It's pretty hard to put a price on profiles (similar with reamps), so in the end it's a pretty personal thing and each individual has to ask him/herself if it's worth it for him/her or not.

• ^ hi Mago! (From a sneap forum fellow)

Mr. Wagener, could we plz get demos for the bass profiles in your pack? Id be interested in that. Otherwise a demo of the profiles that combine different amps would be nice too.. Is that possible?

• ^ hi Mago! (From a sneap forum fellow)

Mr. Wagener, could we plz get demos for the bass profiles in your pack? Id be interested in that. Otherwise a demo of the profiles that combine different amps would be nice too.. Is that possible?

The bass profiles were the last ones we did, that's why they didn't make it into the videos. I will post some MP3s here of the bass profiles and the combo profiles as soon as I come up for air from the current project, which might take a while but I try to get them up here before September 15th.. They won't have pictures of the amps, but at least you can listen to them. Does that work for you?

• The free profiles will still be released, nothing has changed there. The MW RokPak had been in the works for a while and unfortunately the free profiles didn't get released before the release of the commercial ones. Please be patient ;(

• If I may jump in on the whole price thing - at first it struck me as quite high but then I thought: what if andy sneap or audiohammer would release such a rig pack at the same price(because I´m a metal guy and I think Mr. Wagner could be considered the equivalent to those named? If thats wrong in any way feel free to correct me)? I´d jump to high heavens because I would consider that price quite low. Just some food for thought here.

• The price is more than fair for what you are getting... Can't believe we are still talking about this... I can tell you, several other big name metal engineers if they were to charge for profiles, it would be MUCH MUCH higher, and would probably only be done if you did a record with them....the value is more than fair.

• I think the issue here with some is expectation. Many expected to be able to see/download free MW profiles today. It would have been wise for Kemper to simultaneously release the free ones AND promote the commercials ones.

That way the enthusiasm and excitement for the freebies would only serve to possibly motivate folks to consider the commercial paks.

This could have been marketed in such a way to make everyone happy. Instead, expect to see some unhappy folks posting for a while.

The price is more than fair for what you are getting... Can't believe we are still talking about this... I can tell you, several other big name metal engineers if they were to charge for profiles, it would be MUCH MUCH higher, and would probably only be done if you did a record with them....the value is more than fair.

Some people feel they are expensive, and should be offered in smaller packs for the people who don't need the huge packs.

Makes total sense.

• Yea and I feel a Ferrari should be cheaper as well... That's all fine and dandy YOU feel they should be cheaper, completely irrelevant though...

I'm just saying that not all people have use for these large profile packs.

Lots however, would be interested in smaller packs.

• I think it's pretty expensive actually. Im sure they sound great but it seems like such a jump in cost from any other commercial profiles that I have to scratch my head.

Still cool to see people like this getting into the profiling world. Maybe more will follow at a more reasonable cost. No disrespect intended.

• Very special mixture of amps: Egnater, Engl, Stramp, Randall, Splawn, Rivera ect., it seems to be a collection of boutique- and exotic amp. No Fender, Vox, Boogie and just one Marshall.

I listened to the demos and liked the medium- and heavy-samples, but not the clean ones. There I'm missing the Fender and Vox "sparkle" that I love so much and urgently need (--> Andy's '59 Bassman or Armin's '57 Fender Deluxe).

I think this is a very special pack and therefore it's a great addition to the existing commercial profiles.

So far after listening to the samples, I'm with you . Maybe I'm just missing something or my ears are playing ticks on me.
    I was a little surprised at how many Egnaters are included, but they sound great. Until I got my dissapointing Eleven rack and then my KPA , I had used a Egnater IE4 preamp for 15 yrs. Bruce is a friend and it's been modified a little, but evn though i haven't used it live in almost 2 yrs I can't bare to part with it.

• I don't see what all the fuss about the price is, the pricing is not that much different from the Amp Factory or Soundside. If you think they are too expensive or you can't afford them... don't buy them.

Actually I probably would have priced them a little higher.

mw,

Thanks for making these profiles available. Hopefully this will prompt other high profile engineers to share also.

Peace...
    bluzkat