MW RokPak - Profiles for Kemper Profiling Amplifiers

• Mr. Wagener, do you have any opinion on using these profiles in a live setting, or if there is such thing as a " live" profile in general? I tend to think there isn't a difference between a " tracking profile" vs a " live profile", and the two are just a matter of equalization differences probably, nothing more, if that. I'm a huge fan of the 121 mic for the projects I'm working on lately so naturally I like a lot of the sounds I'm hearing, hence me asking about live use as well. Never understood why people thought these would be super over the top heavy either, on another note....

• That's exactly what you wrote in #131: "And just in comparison.... Look at the amount of work that goes into toontrack drum sample collections that go for a few hundred max. Yet some exclusive profiles should cost much much more than $200? I guess the guys that do the tone clone stuff should be charging hundreds then."

Maybe you should read your own posts, too. And thanks, my reading comprehension is fine. ;)

?
    Again I'm not comparing the TT stuff to the MW pack , I'm comparing it guys that have done TT stuff but according to some would charge a much larger amount with a profile

Say a metal band averages around $1 made on a a cd that sells 3000 for first week sales (which generally is one of the strongest periods) ,,,split it 4 ways ....

Its like comparing it to buying an expensive stock with very little return

• ?
    Again I'm not comparing the TT stuff to the MW pack , I'm comparing it guys that have done TT stuff but according to some would charge a much larger amount with a profile

Say a metal band averages around $1 made on a a cd that sells 3000 for first week sales (which generally is one of the strongest periods) ,,,split it 4 ways ....

Its like comparing it to buying an expensive stock with very little return

Will someone shut this nutjob up please? You got called out by the mods AND/OR mr. Wagener himself... LET IT GO YOU LOST OK? good LORD! Who CARES that you got called out? Why do you feel the need to respond? Or are you still obviously butthurt about some Conments from the past?

• Will someone shut this nutjob up please? You got called out by the mods AND/OR mr. Wagener himself... LET IT GO YOU LOST OK? good LORD! Who CARES that you got called out? Why do you feel the need to respond? Or are you still obviously butthurt about some Conments from the past?

Very easily done. Just go to the Ignore function available under Edit Profile / Management / Ignore tab accessed in the upper left corner. I just did. ;)

• I might think about getting a bunch of my "famous" guitar player friends together and profile their vintage amps and specific tones. There are a lot, and some true gems among them, enough to make a true vintage/VIP Pak. If people go and share the RokPak profiles, the next Pak will never happen, just not worth it to me.

Thats fantastic and I think most people are decent enough not so share their packs with dozens of other people. I hope this goes down as a positiv example of a big producer releasing commercial rigs. I´m still hopeful that other producers will do the same! :)

• Thats fantastic and I think most people are decent enough not so share their packs with dozens of other people. I hope this goes down as a positiv example of a big producer releasing commercial rigs. I´m still hopeful that other producers will do the same! :)

+1 :thumbup:
    Awesome!

• Thats fantastic and I think most people are decent enough not so share their packs with dozens of other people. I hope this goes down as a positiv example of a big producer releasing commercial rigs. I´m still hopeful that other producers will do the same! :)

May your words reach Trent Reznor and/or Matthew Bellamy :D

• really? i havent see any of that.

There's another thread where a war of words started over TAF profiles, where someone mentioned posting commercial profiles on the rig exchange and in usergroups and someone else hinted e Group buying to reduce the price of profiles. Plus, a couple of us have apprehended the same thing happening with these profiles, since they are so "valuable" at $200 for the entire collection. Earlier, there was a notice about some sort of torrent or board where commercial profiles were being solicited in exchange for entry into a group of profile sharers.

I'm pretty sure it's going on, I don't want to even run a search on google, because I just HATE the idea of downloading ill-gotten intellectual property. I don't want to work in the manufacturing sector, so if I take part in killing the creative side of life, I'll have no one to blame as I assemble mobile phones for pennies (thanks to the falling incomes and soaring demand for manufacturing jobs since creative jobs don't pay as well, rinse and repeat to infinity).

Thanks for the constructive inputs, Mr MW. It's interesting to learn which end of the market your pack is targeted at, though for some of us, Metallica is a heavy band and I did notice all those Randall modules! 8o

Hope your views on it being unlikely that you will recover your costs turn out to be wrong. This is a very friendly forum with a lot of integrity in general, judging from what I've seen from most members, many of whom have bought hundreds of dollars in profiles already, so you needn't be overly concerned about piracy. Let us worry about that for you instead ^^

• +1 on MW's comments.. probably the greatest attraction to buying the pack is unique to his studio and sound.. especially dig unique guitar player rigs/sounds future packs.. great idea.

Gettin' funky up in here..

• Very easily done. Just go to the Ignore function available under Edit Profile / Management / Ignore tab accessed in the upper left corner. I just did. ;)

Yeah it does work great I haven't had to read any of vesmedics garbage again till just now

He is the only one that got called out saying this pack would never happen.

I'd be happy to dig up the quote

This kinda sad to read :(
    http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=140131

He is even fabricating statements now saying I've been called out

Anyhow I can't wait to try out the new profiles and keep uploading my own and contributing to the community!

I've done dozens of axe-fx & di profiles both private and pubic which is more that I can say for one guy

It's great you know all these metal guys ves come back and tell me when you know dan bilzerian then ill be impressed

Edited once, last by caveman1 ().

• Dear Michael Wagener,

thanks for your last post and the detailed information about your paks. The paks might be very interesting for me, because I'm looking for rock-style profiles (no metal) and your paks seem to fit perfect. Even I was first missing my favourite clean/crunch amps (Fender/Vox/Plexi) you are right, there are excellent Vox/Fender/Plexi-profiles already existing (Soundside, TAF, TopJimi ect.) and there's no need for more.

I pre-ordered the Über-pak yesterday and I'm looking forward to download it on the 15th of Sept.

Regards from Hamburg,

Guenter

http://www.guenterhaas.com</a>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Thanks Michael for chiming in, I to hope people don't share these profiles as this will just ruin it for everyone :( I'm very intrigued to try these in rock mixes that I normally record and I'm very interested in the blended profiles that you talk about it will be interesting to hear these aswell. I would also love for your guitar playing friends to let you profile their vintage gear. I don't think $240 is high for some very professional profiles and rare gear that was profiled!!!

One of my fav tones is that off "no more tears" Zakk Wylde is one hell of a player was some of the amps you profiled used on this record I know it was quite a long time ago :thumbup:

• All this is so true no one is forcing anyone to buy this stuff, I'm sure MW is not doing this for the money anyway! If i had done this pack and read all this negative feedback, plus I'd even done a free pack I would have just thought, do ya know what stuff these lot I'm gonna just forget all this profiling and carry on with mixing/producing it's less hassle :) please guys let's get this forum back to how it used to be when I got my KPA nearly 2 years ago :)

I agree! it takes alot of work for Michael to create this and I am thankful and I already ordered the studio pack ! Its rare that any real producer especially one with Michael's credits would give any secret "sauce" to the public . Arguing over whether his profiles are better or not than other commercial ones is pointless, hes the only one so far who has such a history of mainstream album guitar sounds that everyone knows and loves, I think its great that I might get closer to the tones I love and grew up listening to ..
    thanks Michael

• I'm sure it was not directed at you, songwritersoul.
    More aimed at the people debating if the price for the pack is justified, if MW's merits as a producer are bigger than other producer's merits and other not really important things.

The value of the profiles will show as soon as some awesome music will be created using them.
    They will speak for themselves, then.

most of theese the debate is pointless, debating whether hes a bigger producer than other producers? hes the ONLY big producer releasing kemper profiles.
    and the price at just over 1 dollar a profile is tough to argue about also