FW 2.6 thread

• I have to say also the same thing about a much nicer sound.. to me it sounds like there is more real amp/speaker tones there now... it's like I can now here the wood in the guitar better especially with the vintage stuff and more subtle tube OD tones.. 8o or I am just hearing things!!!

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• Well, that button only affects older profiles which were profiled with older firmware...but noone is complaining about that, cause...well, as people keep repeating, you can switch it off.
    so that point is settled and doesn't need any further discussion...it actually never needed any at all, cause noone was complaining about that.

The "problem" that some people encountered (myself included) is NOT how older profiles sound now, but how profiles CREATED WITH 2.6 don't sound satisfying (to some of us), and you cannot switch that off/go back to the old profiling process (without downgrading to 2.5 I mean).

Bingo. To echo Lasse: This is issue I'm having as well. I'll gladly post some clips today to demonstrate the differences.

Edited once, last by sampura ().

• *sigh*-...

Well, that button only affects older profiles which were profiled with older firmware...but noone is complaining about that, cause...well, as people keep repeating, you can switch it off.
    so that point is settled and doesn't need any further discussion...it actually never needed any at all, cause noone was complaining about that.

The "problem" that some people encountered (myself included) is NOT how older profiles sound now, but how profiles CREATED WITH 2.6 don't sound satisfying (to some of us), and you cannot switch that off/go back to the old profiling process (without downgrading to 2.5 I mean).

Well, I was especially referring to Guenter who has no business with 2.6 profiles and still hears a difference with older profiles sounding different. So he is actually compaining about it, read above.
    Sorry about the confusion.

• Sorry about the confusion.

Yep, things can get confused here easily. ;)

I never would make profiles with a FW-beta, the risk of profiling everything again afterwards is to high for me. I'm a "switch-on-and-work-guy", I like and prefer stable and reliable stuff.

Like I said I don't hear thaaaaaat big difference between 2.5.0 and 2.6.0-beta, so for me it's fine to use 2.5.0 until the official 2.6.0-version will be realeased.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• I'm hearing a difference with transpose too, guys. Tracking seems to have improved by my reckoning, moving either way + or -5. Can anyone confirm this? Seems decidedly better to me, I'm able to play chords with just a touch of latency, but it seems less finicky than it has been before too. I mean, if I don't hammer on the strings, I can play in the key of E on my B-tuned guitar without that digital quack that usually accompanies a transpose effect. This could be good news for guys that record bass with their guitars.

As mentioned before, I think there's less latency in 2.6 vs 2.5, it's almost perceptible when I play. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

Yep, things can get confused here easily. ;)

I never would make profiles with a FW-beta, the risk of profiling everything again afterwards is to high for me. I'm a "switch-on-and-work-guy", I like and prefer stable and reliable stuff.

Like I said I don't hear thaaaaaat big difference between 2.5.0 and 2.6.0-beta, so for me it's fine to use 2.5.0 until the official 2.6.0-version will be realeased.

Are you serious, guenterhaas? You don't hear a big difference? The rest of us are going bonkers out here. Does pay to wait till think stabilise, of course, but I don't mind being testing out new stuff. ^^

• Everything is the subject to our ear/heart/ balls/ finger interpretation .How to measure and analyse the impact of 2.6 sound to my new enthusiasm for Kemper and guitar playing in general ?? Spectral analysis ? Plasma test ? Quantum energy check-up?
    No man ! 8) When I get signs of erection build up (in these age :P ) because of that roaring roar from my guitar/Kemper - that's it ! :thumbup:

More than clips, which are subject to interpretation, I'd appreciate if someone could do an spectral analysis of a Kemper profile in V2.6, 2.5 and 2.6 LFC vis-a-vis a real amp.

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

Edited once, last by Rescator ().

• hi guys

I have a zoom effect pedal in the stereo loop. After upgrading to 2.6 it almost blew my ears and speakers... Very heavy noise similar to a feedback but at lower frequency. Had to shut it down immediately. Still the same after complete reboot. Good that you can go back to 2.5.... So I will await the final one... This was my first "bad" experience with a beta version of the KPA firmware.

Despite this little beta problem, the KPA is anyway the best thing since the invention of electric guitars

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• Check your outputsettings...my "direct out" was setted after update to "Master right"
    should be "Git analog" otherwise you have a feedback loop

• Are you serious, guenterhaas? You don't hear a big difference? The rest of us are going bonkers out here. Does pay to wait till think stabilise, of course, but I don't mind being testing out new stuff. ^^

My first name is "Guenter" ;) I'm very serious, but I have to say that my profiles are perfectly tweaked for recording and playing with in ears, not for using FRFR-cabs. Of course the guitars I play are also essential for my sound.

And not everybody here is happy with 2.6.0-beta, by the way, there's no information from CK that latency has improved. There's a lot of psychology going on considering new FW-updates ("Honeymoon-effect"), just remember all the bass-and sound change-discussions we had in this forum.

I'm just very relaxed and VERY satisfied mit my KPA and the profiles I use. Of course I'll install the official 2.6.0 when available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Bear in mind that the difference is very dependent on the profile. Some sound almost identical, others are more substantially different. It's very possible to not hear much of a difference if the profiles you like and use aren't that bass heavy to begin with.

I found a big difference with the VSP amps, which are more low mid's heavy by and large, but much less difference in other profiles.

• Bear in mind that the difference is very dependent on the profile. Some sound almost identical, others are more substantially different. It's very possible to not hear much of a difference if the profiles you like and use aren't that bass heavy to begin with.

I found a big difference with the VSP amps, which are more low mid's heavy by and large, but much less difference in other profiles.

THIS .

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• My first name is "Guenter" ;) I'm very serious, but I have to say that my profiles are perfectly tweaked for recording and playing with in ears, not for using FRFR-cabs. Of course the guitars I play are also essential for my sound.

And not everybody here is happy with 2.6.0-beta, by the way, there's no information from CK that latency has improved. There's a lot of psychology going on considering new FW-updates ("Honeymoon-effect"), just remember all the bass-and sound change-discussions we had in this forum.

I'm just very relaxed and VERY satisfied mit my KPA and the profiles I use. Of course I'll install the official 2.6.0 when available.

My observations about latency haven't been documented, or even acknowledged by the Kemper team, nor anyone else. Indeed, latency was not high to begin with and practically imperceptible. But this is something I observed from playing. Wish I had the tools to measure this, but I don't have the means.

Of course you can use 2.5. That's the latest stable release and that's why 2.6 is only beta. With any luck, the issues cited by Lasse Lammert about profiling discrepancies will be looked into and we will hear from the Kemper team whether anything was improved when the official release is out.

Till then, any videos or analyses by users would be welcome. I shall do a few soundclips tonight of 2.6 vs 2.6 without LFC vs 2.5 if I can.

And thanks, Guenter :thumbup:

• Bear in mind that the difference is very dependent on the profile.

+1

I have to say that I didn't check all my 270 profiles (now with the MW-pak it's 340...), I just took the ones I always use and there the difference between 2.5.0 and 2.6.0-beta was minimal.

If there's an overall sound- and latency-improvement with 2.6.0 I would be the last not be glad about it. ;)
    Anyway, CK is always caring for his outstanding product and every improvement is great, I'm just a bit careful with betas.

• I installed 2.6.0 last Tuesday for a rehearsal and got immediatley the request from the bassplayer to reduce the low and mid ends in my sound. I didn't think the prodiles sounded as good as they did in 2.5.0 and also after playing with the LFC button a couple of times I couldn't get the good results I expected to have.

So yesterday I went back to 2.5.0 and I think the KPA just sounds better with the 2.5.0 FW. Also the TAF profiles seemed to not like the 2.6.0 firmware very much, my favorite UK 1987x was way too boomy all the sudden and missing the sparkles. For me and my tele the 2.6.0 FW just seems to have too much bass and also lacking a bit of definition in a lot of profiles. I didn't find any profile I liked more before the upgrade. Guess I'll wait for now and stay on 2.5.0 and see what happens in the future...

• I still have 2.6 installed, but I turned LFC off. The profiles that I use (some of old ones from LL & TAF, I do not profile by myself a lot) sound better without LFC for me. With LFC they are sort of "lifeless". The lower strings, lower position at high gain profiles sounds perhaps more tight, but the rest is not so good (for my ears) as 2.5. I am talking about playing powerhead through guitar cab at low volume. I did not try it at live volume yet.

• Whew, glad it wasn't just me. I used 2.6 at rehearsal Monday and the low mids and bass were too much. I couldn't understand it since I thought 2.6 was supposed to reduce bass, so I figured I must have had a setting wrong in the KPA or on my CLR or maybe the room acoustics were playing tricks on me. I was planning on investigating but maybe I'll just turn off LFC and be done with it. I worked hard to dial in my sounds pre-2.6, no reason to change anything now.

• What's important is to get the KPA to sound exactly or as close to the real amp as possible. and it's closer to my ears than it was before in the low end

Before it was lacking in the 125 to 225 hz region and booming in the sub lows 60-85 about . so for sure any profile you had before will have to be re-adjusted in the low end but this is a step in the right direction for the Kemper

• What's important is to get the KPA to sound exactly or as close to the real amp as possible. and it's closer to my ears than it was before in the low end

Before it was lacking in the 125 to 225 hz region and booming in the sub lows 60-85 about . so for sure any profile you had before will have to be re-adjusted in the low end but this is a step in the right direction for the Kemper

This is exactly how my ears here it too. 125-225 has more energy and below 125 far less.