Switch for Performance Mode

• Okay, I've been doing searches all day for the best solution to my needs, but I'm still unsure. I recently picked up a KPA, and I'd like to use it live in Performance Mode. I'd like to be able to set it up for a set where I might have a couple different settings for each song (amp and/or effects), and just scroll through them as I play the set, Bank up for each song, but be able to switch back and forth between the rigs in that bank. Must have some display to see where I'm at currently (named presets would be ideal, but I could live withiout it). Which controller would be the most efficient for this simple purpose?

• Behringer FCB 1010 with Uno4Kemper chip + 2 MIDI cables for bidirectional communication between KPA and FCB 1010... plug&play not a single issue in this specific configuration... no cheaper and better way until Ch. Kemper will launch the KPA Floorboard

...I had a lot of equipment... but 2012 I got the KPA.... :)

• Behringer FCB 1010 with Uno4Kemper chip + 2 MIDI cables for bidirectional communication between KPA and FCB 1010... plug&play not a single issue in this specific configuration... no cheaper and better way until Ch. Kemper will launch the KPA Floorboard

Yep! That is how I do it too.

• Here's my two solutions.

For gigs with plenty of room, I use my cut down FCB1010 and a separate pedal for vol/wah. FCB has Uno4K and is powered by a wall wart.

For small stages or just quick jams, I have a cheap Fender 4 button switch. It has a MIDI style connector that I connect a long midi cable to. At the other end is a mid cable with a socket at one end and two TRS plugs at the other that I can plug directly into my KPA.

The little bungie is something I made up. It hooks onto the strap lugs and I secure my Toaster to a small stand. Works great to keep it steady and harder to knock off.

[Blocked Image: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Gizmo1952/IMG_0481_zps1d190b1b.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Gizmo1952/IMG_0482_zpsff05f728.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/Gizmo1952/IMG_0483_zps1268538f.jpg]

• The little bungie is something I made up. It hooks onto the strap lugs and I secure my Toaster to a small stand. Works great to keep it steady and harder to knock off.

Hi Gizmo,
    I am looking for a stand for my toaster and wondered what you are using and if you could post a picture?
    Many thanks
    Paul

• Gizmo, I like your modified FCB, how did you wire in the Roland EV5

I used the FCB switch outs.
    I connected them to the wires that went to the original pedals. I can now use both inputs for two pedals.
    I didn't spend a lot of time working out the best way, so right now I can only use pedals that have a TRS connector such as the EV5, which is just fine for me as I'm not a big user of expression pedals.
    Works well though. You can still calibrate the pedals using the original FCB procedure.

• Hi Paul.
    The stand I use is basically an adjustable stereo speaker stand. I replaced the top part of the stand with a plate that is about the same size as the KPA. It adjusts from about 18'" to 30" off the ground. It has a very heavy base. I use it in front of me when I use the 4 button switch, so I can see where I'm at. I don't have it set much above 2 feet off the ground, but it is quite stable at this height and I only use it where there is no chance of it being knocked over.
    When I don't use it for the KPA, it supports one of my stereo speakers….that's where it is right now.
    Ken

Hi Gizmo,
    I am looking for a stand for my toaster and wondered what you are using and if you could post a picture?
    Many thanks
    Paul

• Hi Ken,
    I have looked at small amp stands and guitar stands, but did not think of a Hi Fi speaker stand. Nice bit of lateral thinking. I also like the idea of cutting down the FCB and connecting an external expression pedal via the existing jack sockets.
    Great stuff!
    Many thanks,
    Paul

• UR welcome….
    Cutting down the FCB was not difficult. The biggest challenge was making sure the cut line was accurate.
    Someone else on this site posted some good dimensions but unfortunately I can't remember who….a search might pull it up.
    Ken