M Britt Kemper Profiles

• It looks like there is on in the headphone jack as well?

That looks like a 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter for the newer headphones with small plugs

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I'm looking to get a good, versatile pack for cleans and slight breakup tones. I'll mainly be using a Les Paul with 57 Classics, and occasionally a Schecter C1 Classic, with a Jazz/JB set, and a Classic Vibe tele.

I'm about 45 pages into this thread, and I'm sure that between this thread, the awesome Soundcloud clips, the rig pack, and other freebies, the answer is in those. However, until I'm finished with those, does anyone have a recommendation for which MBritt pack may be best to start with, for mainly the Les Paul? Thanks.

• I'm looking to get a good, versatile pack for cleans and slight breakup tones. I'll mainly be using a Les Paul with 57 Classics, and occasionally a Schecter C1 Classic, with a Jazz/JB set, and a Classic Vibe tele.

I'm about 45 pages into this thread, and I'm sure that between this thread, the awesome Soundcloud clips, the rig pack, and other freebies, the answer is in those. However, until I'm finished with those, does anyone have a recommendation for which MBritt pack may be best to start with, for mainly the Les Paul? Thanks.

do you have the free sample pack from Kemper that has Michaels profiles in it?
    That's probably a good place to start.
    Honestly there are so many good packs you would be hard pressed to find a bad one.
    Michael keeps good sound examples on his website so you. An hear the profiles in action there.
    They all get a thumbs up from me

• Probably the Colonial is the best to start with.

Thanks for the recommendation. There were a lot more edge of breakup and crunch sounds with that one, but I think I need it anyway! Sounded really good! Any idea if there are lower gain tones than the Rig Pack available with that one? Think I'm going to get that one regardless.

do you have the free sample pack from Kemper that has Michaels profiles in it?That's probably a good place to start.
    Honestly there are so many good packs you would be hard pressed to find a bad one.
    Michael keeps good sound examples on his website so you. An hear the profiles in action there.
    They all get a thumbs up from me

The cleans on all of these are amazingly good with my tele. I think that I like the /13 and one called MB Little Queen the best, with the Les Paul. There is also one called AC Clean - R121 from the Legacy Rig Pack, which I initially thought was a Michael Britt profile, due to the tagging, but looking at the speaker, it doesn't look like it was his, after all. Sounds really good, to me, though. I also really like Mars J800 1 2, Mars Silver Cln, and Mars Jube 1 4 (with the volume rolled down), from the 800 Pack. Those are some of my favorite cleans out of everything I have tried. That whole 800 pack is great.

Thanks everyone.

With the free rigs, even with the volume rolled down to about 6-7, a lot of these are breaking up some -- which I typically like with my cleans. I was wondering if there are any with lower gain than what is in the free packs -- super clean stuff --, just to add some variety.

You are right about Michael's sound samples being great. Sometimes I listen to those, at work, instead of "regular music".

• Probably the Colonial is the best to start with.

The colonial is one of the few complete packages that I can think of.

I grabbed the Colonial this morning. I've only had a chance to play it using my Schecter C1 Classic, through headphones, but so far that pack sounds amazing! Hopefully it sounds good with my LPs, but with both the humbuckers and positions 2 and 4 (split or tap... not really sure) in the Schecter, I can get a ton a great tones. Thanks for the recommendation. It's going to be a long day at work, waiting to play these.

I still want to grab one of the bigger packs, though, for some more variety. I still really can't decide between:

SWEET 16
    PROFILE PACK 1
    PROFILE PACK 2
    PROFILE PACK 3
    VINTAGE PACK
    MODERN PACK
    BOC PACK

mainly for Les Pauls. The tone and playing in the samples are both so good, on everything, that it doesn't really help me decide. It just makes me want all of them. Thanks again, Michael, for the profiles, and everyone else for the help.

• Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I picked up the 65 AC30, and haven't had a whole lot of time with it yet, but it sounds great with my Schecter. I'm still debating between the BoC, the Sweet 16, and Pack 2. So many great profiles...

• The Schecter C1 Classic is a super Strat with Humbuckers? If thats the case pack 2 will satisfy as you have the Diezel ,Dumble plus Marshall etc in that and sound great on humbuckers (for me at least), I would consider the BOC otherwise of cause depending on what style your playing.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• The Schecter C1 Classic is a super Strat with Humbuckers? If thats the case pack 2 will satisfy as you have the Diezel ,Dumble plus Marshall etc in that and sound great on humbuckers (for me at least), I would consider the BOC otherwise of cause depending on what style your playing.

Ash

Thanks. Yah, the C1 Classic is a super strat with a JB and a Jazz that you can split or tap (not sure which one). So far, all of Michael's profiles sound awesome with it. I'm probably just going to grab 2 and BoC soon. I should just save the time and buy them all, because I know that's how it's going to end =)

I'm up to 81 pages read on this thread, now, and have gotten some great information here.

• I couldn't decide between Pack 2, BoC, and the Sweet Sixteen. I appreciate everyone's help in here, and don't want to keep bothering everyone in this thread (plus tomorrow is pay day), so I grabbed all three. To answer my own question of "which packs have good cleans for a Les Paul with Alnico 2 pickups in it" the answer is all of them!

By turning down the 650 hz in a graphic eq about 2 dB and usually boosting clarity a little, my Les Paul sounds great with all three of these packs. Everything from really clean to edge of breakup -- just like I was looking for! I was really just looking at the cleans, but I had the LP out, so I had to try a few Marshalls too, not that I needed any Marshalls, and those are amazing, too.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions in this thread and to Michael for making these awesome profiles.

After buying all three, I'm not buying any new profiles for a while!!! But... that Modern Pack is so tempting =)

• I don't have every M. Britt pack, but I have my fair share. I don't think you could go wrong with any of them unless you chose something specifically outside your genre preference - for instance, I will probably never invest in the Heavy Pack, but thats ok, because the Tweedy pack is right up my alley. Over simplifying, but you get the point.

• Playing a M. Britt profile through a Marshall cab, I noticed that if I hold down the slot button on the remote it switches as if morphing. Does anyone know what this is doing exactly? It was hard for me to hear a big difference, but some profiles seemed to change a bit. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks or the fact that the Marshall was coloring it.

• Playing a M. Britt profile through a Marshall cab, I noticed that if I hold down the slot button on the remote it switches as if morphing. Does anyone know what this is doing exactly? It was hard for me to hear a big difference, but some profiles seemed to change a bit. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks or the fact that the Marshall was coloring it.

I don't think I've programmed any morphing on any pack rigs. That's just part of the Remote functionality. There's a page somewhere (rig or system menu) that will tell you how many parameters are being morphed. If nothing is currently changing, the Remote will still move to the 2nd state light and wait for you to change something to morph.

On a side note, I also assign the "quick" button on the face of the Kemper to "morph" so that if I'm away from my Remote and editing, I can easily switch back and forth to morph settings.

• I don't think I've programmed any morphing on any pack rigs. That's just part of the Remote functionality. There's a page somewhere (rig or system menu) that will tell you how many parameters are being morphed. If nothing is currently changing, the Remote will still move to the 2nd state light and wait for you to change something to morph.
    On a side note, I also assign the "quick" button on the face of the Kemper to "morph" so that if I'm away from my Remote and editing, I can easily switch back and forth to morph settings.

Ok. I figured it was just my mind expecting to hear the change but wasn't sure if the remote would switch without there being a change present. You answered that question for me. Thanks, Mr. Britt!