M Britt Kemper Profiles

• These are so good that I cleaned out my entire KPA except for 6 rigs that are my favorites, then popped in this rig pack 2. Really excellent quality here, especially for the clean to crunchy area that I use. :love:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Goodness, have merci on me, Michael. And let a few weeks pass before you publish any further rig packs. :)
    I have spent now 10 days on the Marshall 72 alone! Although i did actually buy the first pack, this is the only rig i have been playing, and this one was the teaser!

It happened by coincidence. To tell the truth: i did not like the profile very much. Okay, a student of mine (12 years, looks like 9) needs a Aminor Blues playback and i have 5 minutes left. My KPA is online and a drum track also. I press play and record the two tracks of 12 bars, rhythm and lead. Give it to the boy. When he’s gone i listen to the track and think to myself. Freak! This sounds not like me and not like my famous bad recordings, this freaking sounds better than the original and i had 60 seconds for it. How did that happen?

I do not know, and i do not care as long as quality stuff like this is coming. I hate to say this concerning the other nice profilers out there, but those rigs are a game changer, at least in my humble opinion. I have recorded a little song for my wife (if anyone is interested, it can be heardhttp://www.kemper-amps.com/for…postID=178429&#post178429here) and guess why the song is called “Wedding Day #10”? ! (By the way: i read on your site that you have got married this year, Michael? Good luck, all the best and God’s Blessings. I have got a better man this way, definetly). I sound the way i wanted to sound for years and years, no tweaking. Reducing the gain for the crunch, adding effects for the lead, enjoy playing, freaking done on two free days. Ha! :thumbup:

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

Edited 3 times, last by Geraldo7 ().

• I also think that these rigs take the Kemper to a whole new level. To tell the truth; I might have sold my Kemper if your first rig pack didn't come out a couple of weeks ago because I wasn't quite that happy with what I found and bought up to that point.

But this pack sounds even more like "the real thing"! Very much fun playing them and I don't even have to tweak a bit to make them sound right. The only rig I tweaked was the Dumble actually.

Question for you Michael, which firmware did you use when profiling these rigs? Did you switch to 2.6 beta before profiling or were you still on 2.5?

These rigs seem to have more low end than the first pack and they also seem to be a little more direct, without being in your face that is.

• This is strange, @Clutterbilly !!! 8o Very exact same here. I had my KPA packed for ebay already!

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• This is strange, @Clutterbilly !!! 8o Very exact same here. I had my KPA packed for ebay already!

Well, mine wasn't packed and ready for eBay, but I wasn't finding quite the right sounds yet either. I think this illustrates that the KPA is only as good as the profiles one uses, and that the Kemper team might be well served to make a deal with Michael to include his packs as standard. Just my opinion ...

• Well, mine wasn't packed and ready for eBay, but I wasn't finding quite the right sounds yet either....

Selling the KPA because -besides MBritt- there are no good KPA-profiles available? C'mon guys. let's be fair, I don't want to criticize anybody here, but there are millions of excellent profiles available, many free ones and outstanding commercial profiles from Andy, Armin, Michael Wagener and other vendors. Even if you like something very much, the rest isn't bad. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Even if you like something very much, the rest isn't bad.

Sure, there are many very good profiles/rigs. What we're talking about here is taking it to the top. I can only stand by my own experience, and my ears and tone skills are not good enough to get there without someone like Michael to deliver it. YMMV.

• But this pack sounds even more like "the real thing"! Very much fun playing them and I don't even have to tweak a bit to make them sound right. The only rig I tweaked was the Dumble actually.

Question for you Michael, which firmware did you use when profiling these rigs? Did you switch to 2.6 beta before profiling or were you still on 2.5?

These rigs seem to have more low end than the first pack and they also seem to be a little more direct, without being in your face that is.

I'm actually still using firmware 2.5. I didn't do anything differently, but there are always slight differences when doing different profile sessions. I did all of these in the same location so they should be fairly consistent with relation to each other. And yes, the Dumble is the one you'll probably have to tweak the most. I'm not sure why but those profiles were the ones giving me the most grief… ha. Feel free to turn knobs til it sounds right to you.

• I quite agree with guenterhass. If you haven't found sounds to your liking, your not looking very hard at all because there are tons of great rigs out there. I played a kick-ass gig last night and had sooooo many compliments on my sounds like I never had from my Marshalls and H & K's, etc...

And unlike some others, I find gems from lots of profilers (don't stick to any one person's) ... Andy, Djemass, MWagener, Kemper, MBritt, Peter W, Maurizio, Don Peterson... to name just a few who are in my regular lineup for live gigs. Dig deep, tweak tweak... sell the KPA? Really?

Gary ô¿ô

• Yeah, this is something I can't understand too, but that I fully respect :)

I guess the diverging opinions here could be related to users belonging to the "I tweak" or the "I change profile" side.
    I love to tweak, so for me most profiles are just a great opportunity to come up with something new and/or exciting, or just useful for my uses.

:)

• Well I'll once again take the chance since it's breakfast time and say my observation and experience with all of our FOH guys on large stage venues, when A B'd and compared to everything I was using live...nothing touched Mikes stuff. I got head shakes and "it sounds ok" from all others and oh yeah that's it and thumbs up from his. Just saying all of our different sound techs, my other guitarist and band mates, all the guys on here, Michaels guys.....really????

• Bought Pack 1, awesome, now have pack 2, even better! The Dumble, Bogner, 79 Marshall and Vibroking are fantastic. Gigging tonight going to try them out.

Thanks again Michael, you really have nailed the Profiling process with the Kemper, these sound natural and vibrant.

I'm not kidding when I say these really are a cut above the rest out there at the moment.

Ezergeezer

• Like I said, no criticism on Mike's profiles, but I played several long big venue-tours and I'll tour again at the end of this month. I have and I always had incredibly positive reactions from the artists I worked for, FOH and monitor-guys, other musicians ect. ect. The same reaction when I'm using the KPA for session-work.

I'm using a mixture of all kind of profiles, my own ones, free ones like the Morgan 20 and a nice collection of commercial ones, mainly from Armin; Andy and recently from Michael Wagener. I bought the first MBritt-pack, so I know what I'm talking about. You can't say "nothing touches Mikes stuff" if you haven't heard the rest of the cake.

Nevertheless it's great that there are a lot of users having fun with Mike's profiles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @viabcroce - I think your observation is probably correct. I tend to be in the camp of not wanting to spend much time tweaking. Yes, there are many great profiles out there, but many require more time and skill for me to tweak them into something that I like and want to play. I'll bet that folks better skilled at twisting the knobs can get there faster than I ever could (probably better sound too). With Mike's profiles, I find I spend more time playing and less time tweaking. I was extremely happy with the sound I was getting from my Kemper before Mike's pack 1. Pack 1 and 2 just make it that much better, for me. Having listened to the many audio clips folks have posted using other profiles, there is no question of the quality of sound that can be achieved without Mike's profiles.

I don't know Mike personally. Never heard of Lonestar prior to MIke posting about his pack 1. Not a fan and don't listen to country music. It would be tough to label me as a fanboy. But I do know what Kemper profiles sound good to my ears with minimal tweaking.

• @viabcroce - I think your observation is probably correct. I tend to be in the camp of not wanting to spend much time tweaking. Yes, there are many great profiles out there, but many require more time and skill for me to tweak them into something that I like and want to play. I'll bet that folks better skilled at twisting the knobs can get there faster than I ever could (probably better sound too). With Mike's profiles, I find I spend more time playing and less time tweaking. I was extremely happy with the sound I was getting from my Kemper before Mike's pack 1. Pack 1 and 2 just make it that much better, for me. Having listened to the many audio clips folks have posted using other profiles, there is no question of the quality of sound that can be achieved without Mike's profiles.

I don't know Mike personally. Never heard of Lonestar prior to MIke posting about his pack 1. Not a fan and don't listen to country music. It would be tough to label me as a fanboy. But I do know what Kemper profiles sound good to my ears with minimal tweaking.

Ditto for me.

• Ditto for me.

And the same for me. I have heard Guenther play some of Armin's profiles and it sounded incredibly good, while in my hands Michael's sound good. Peace, bros

• I'd agree that the commercial profilers have "made" the KPA a continued success and the two "Mikes", MW and MBritt have given the KPA a new Booster Rocket surge of late.

I think our ears change over time, so none of this is in stone. I started off with a Strat and now don't find I like playing the Strat to many profiles, having moved to the LP and humbuckers and P90's in general. Although the Tele I have is the exception. Nothing wrong with the Profiles, or the Guitars, it's clearly my ears and tastes have changed.

I wish Mike continued success, as it means nothing short of continued success for the KPA and serves to benefit all of us owners of continued support.

• I think it's more about the guitar(s) you play, whether a profile works for you or not. For a long time, I played my Tele exclusively and found very few profiles that had "it", even though there were many clips of others playing that sounded absolutely fantastic. I stumbled across "the one", and built my live performance around it and was content. Then I got the Fenix strat, and a whole world of profiles that I had initially disregarded suddenly sounded and felt fantastic. Those same profiles, however, were terrible in conjunction with my Starla, which prefers a whole other batch. I'll get around to M Britt's profile packs eventually, but first I'm going to stick some P-rails in my Les Paul and see what surprises that has for me.

Cheers,
    Sam

• Like I said, no criticism, it's always great if somebody is finding the right profiles and that's very, very subjective. The main thing is having fun and gladly the KPA opens a huge universe full of amps and sounds.

I don't tweak that much, too and I like it if the basic profile is already working. I just don't like statements like "this pack is the best", because there are so many excellent profiles available and nobody can know all of them.

By the way, the profiles I use work for all my guitars, electric (Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, ES-335, PRS Baritone ect.) and acoustic (nylon, steel, 12-string, acoustic baritone), too. It's amazing what the KPA is able to do. :thumbup: