M Britt Kemper Profiles

• oozish, It depends on what kind of blues. Both packs have some decent clean to mid gain stuff (3P, /13 FTR in pack 1 and Little Walter, Vibro King, Victoria in pack 2). There's a little more variety in Pack 2 I think so I'm leaning more toward that for you.

As far as possible amps for another pack, I'm making a mental (and now written) list based on things I want to have and your suggestions: Hiwatt, Orange, Marshall offset, blackface Super Reverb… ??

Pack 2 purchased. Amazing job! I would buy anything that moves to nail the SRV sound if you could include something like that.

• Can't believe the real Dumble ODS gainier profile isn't getting more talk here...THAT is some seriously thick, ridiculously smooth, dense SUPER original tone right there. I never got crazy over the Dumble sound ( I think they sound great, just not a humongous "gotta have it" kind of fan) but to me this sounds exactly like any Dumble I've heard on record....I think those that are excited about a real dumble profile should be, because it sounds absolutely great. Neck pickup on a les paul style guitar is pure money, I get why people love these amps now no doubt.

• I have a another question about the Dumble Profiles (sorry). When I listen to Mats Nermarks clips the sound comes a lot closer to the "not so distorted" Robben Ford/Larry Carlton tone. When I listen to Michaels clips they sound is a lot more distorted (saturated? Don't know if that's the right word). Is it the same profile? I do like Mats' tone a lot and I'm not that interested in a very distorted Dumble tone. I used to own a Ceritone but never got the tone I was looking for. I switched to Kemper and love it. I still haven't found a good Robben Ford tone. So I was looking forward to this. But not sure if this pack is for me.

• Steven, any profile is like a real amp: set it as you'd like it :)
    You can then add boosters, pedals, lower the gain in the fx etc.

Also, the amount of distortion depends on the PU's output and the picking's strength, and can very simply changed with the guitar volume.

• Hi Gianfranco
    Well obviously that is true but the Dumble amp has a OD and a Boost switch. If the boost switch is engaged you get a completely different tone cause it shuts down the Tone stack. It also gives more distortion. So It's a question of how THIS profile was made. With the boost on or off.

• I have a another question about the Dumble Profiles (sorry). When I listen to Mats Nermarks clips the sound comes a lot closer to the "not so distorted" Robben Ford/Larry Carlton tone. When I listen to Michaels clips they sound is a lot more distorted (saturated? Don't know if that's the right word). Is it the same profile? I do like Mats' tone a lot and I'm not that interested in a very distorted Dumble tone. I used to own a Ceritone but never got the tone I was looking for. I switched to Kemper and love it. I still haven't found a good Robben Ford tone. So I was looking forward to this. But not sure if this pack is for me.

Hi Steven,

I think I know what you mean and I think I got the rig fairly close to what that is. I'm not sure as I write, exactly which of Mike's profiles I used for that rig that I made the recording with but when my present recording project is done I will try to find out. If that profile is in Mike's Pack 2, then if Mike approves, I will post my tweaks here so you can get the sound I have.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi Gianfranco
    Well obviously that is true but the Dumble amp has a OD and a Boost switch. If the boost switch is engaged you get a completely different tone cause it shuts down the Tone stack. It also gives more distortion. So It's a question of how THIS profile was made. With the boost on or off.

Yup, the ODS is a strange beast and quirky to boot.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi Gianfranco

Yup, the ODS is a strange beast and quirky to boot.

Cheers,

Mats N

The Dumble ODS N3 2 profile was done with the input in the "normal" input and not the "FET" input. The "overdrive" footswitch was switched on but the boost was not on. The Mid switch was up (on) and the Jazz/Rock switch was set to Rock. The overdrive level was at about 9 o'clock. I did some tweaking to it, incorporating some of Mats' tweaks like turning the speaker "character" down a bit to get the low end from being quite as "tubby". Then I may have turned up the gain a bit, going for a higher gain Robben Ford type sound after listening to some of his music. Plus, I wanted to demonstrate the "chirp" that's more noticeable as the gain gets higher. It's definitely a profile that reacts nicely to gain knob changes and I believe Mats even used his guitar volume knob a bit too in some of his clips. My playing attack on the clips is probably more aggressive than Mats as I don't have his chops in that area.

• Just bought the pack 2. I´m blown away. To me it sounds fantastic and much better than the first. Much better dialed in from the start with better presence. Been trying so many profiles and adjusting to my taste the last month since i got it. The CAA PT100 is worth the money alone for me. The clean is big and bold, like a great twin but with more authority. And the crunch and distortion is EXACTLY what I´ve been searching for. In many years actually. Then again a CAA has always been one of my dream amps.

Thanks Michael Britt!

• The Dumble ODS N3 2 profile was done with the input in the "normal" input and not the "FET" input. The "overdrive" footswitch was switched on but the boost was not on. The Mid switch was up (on) and the Jazz/Rock switch was set to Rock. The overdrive level was at about 9 o'clock. I did some tweaking to it, incorporating some of Mats' tweaks like turning the speaker "character" down a bit to get the low end from being quite as "tubby". Then I may have turned up the gain a bit, going for a higher gain Robben Ford type sound after listening to some of his music. Plus, I wanted to demonstrate the "chirp" that's more noticeable as the gain gets higher. It's definitely a profile that reacts nicely to gain knob changes and I believe Mats even used his guitar volume knob a bit too in some of his clips. My playing attack on the clips is probably more aggressive than Mats as I don't have his chops in that area.

Thanks Mike for that detailed reply! I apreciate it a lot.
    Thanks Mats for your help

• 1) It seems I've got a brandnew disease: "profile-collect-addiction", maybe I should found an anonymous group with other victims suffering from this incurable disease.... :S

2) I bought Mike's pack 2 and I like it very much !!! I kept more than 50% of the profiles, that's a lot if your KPA is already full to the brim with excellent profiles.

What I really like:

- pack 2 sounds much more authentic to me, I know some of the real amps and Mike kept them 100%
    - there are many great clean profiles in the pack and good clean profiles are very hard to find
    - also a lot of great low-gain and crunch profiles there
    - Dumble and CAA are very special and outstanding, they offer everything from clean to lead

All together: :thumbup:

I forgot: I tested the profiles with my favourite guitars ('54 tele blackguard and '58 strat)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

Edited once, last by guenterhaas ().

• Just played the Pack 1 (yeah I'm kinda late),

It's just the greatest profile pack I've ever played.. There's nothing to delete, all profiles are GREAT !

Definiton, dynamics, tone..

God.. I don't know which Fender clean i'll finally choose.. (and I don't talk about the amazing crunch & drive tones too)

For me this is definitely the "Starter Pack" every new Kemper owners should buy.. :thumbup:

• The overdrive level was at about 9 o'clock. I did some tweaking to it, incorporating some of Mats' tweaks like turning the speaker "character" down a bit to get the low end from being quite as "tubby". Then I may have turned up the gain a bit, going for a higher gain Robben Ford type sound after listening to some of his music.

Was this slight or several led's? The reason I ask is that the gain control on the Kemper would be different than the amp unless they by happenstance follow the same gain structure. Since I am mostly interested in the Dumble/Dumble clones this is of interest to me. Thanks.

"More Guitar in the Monitors" :thumbup:

• Another solid profile pack

thanks Michael

@guenterhaas have to agree on the profile collecting addiction! at least it's cheaper than collecting vintage amps or guitars

MUCH cheaper than vintage guitars... ;(

Today I could play all profiles from pack 2 extensively = great and inspiring pack. :thumbup:

I like especially: Divided by 13 (great punch), Little Walter and Victoria (very warm vintage tone), Morgan (strong clean tones), '65 Bassman (Stevie Ray...), Vox AC30, CAA (very versatile) and of course the Dumbles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Probably no more than 3 LEDs change from what I recall. I don't usually do anything too drastic. I am probably going to do a Dumble and clone pack next as I have a bunch of variations of 3 amps. They will have more options and settings available.

and I agree on the disease but it's better than $150 per stomp box. Whew.

• better than $150 per stomp box

Your right...actually it's kind of weird having all these profiles available for a price a third of a stomp box..and I own a couple that are twice expensive as that!

Will give my Zendrive a go in front of the KPA with the Dumble profile to see what that does, that might be interesting as well.

For a kind of Ford tone I had the best results with a tweaked version of your Fuchs Ford profile.