New Whitesnake "Is This Love" rigs!

• Well, to my understanding, tweaking a profile, adding FX, EQ, etc. makes a rig.
    The rig exchange is named so for a reason.
    From the beginning of RE many users have uploaded tweaked profiles (i.e. rigs) of others.
    They claim authorship of the rig, but not of the profile.
    The recent incident was different: KB claimed authorship not for the rig but for the profile although he clearly wasn't the author.

If there's a flaw in my argumentation please tell me.

"Terms and conditions
    (...)You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work.(...)"

Should have put this in the post. As in code of conduct.

Is it open for interpretations?

I don't know but would like to...

• Should have put this in the post. As in code of conduct.

Is it open for interpretations?

I don't know but would like to...

Well, according to these terms (that we as RE users have acknowledged once) we would only be allowed to upload rigs that we have profiled ourselves when we interpret the AND as inclusive. If 'and' is interpreted as 'OR' which is also imaginable to me (RE is there for loading up rigs and profiles and you must be the author of the rigs and profiles that you load up) then you'd be allowed to upload rigs that you tweaked yourself but that were profiled by someone else.
    Still, it's open for interpretations, isn't it? ;)

• By the letter of those conditions it would seem that the Profile AND Rig would need to be owned by the uploader - however, the spirit of the community would seem to be that it is the profile which is deemed the most valuable component. In his initial post here the OP makes it very clear he has tweaked the profile to produce the rig. This in itself represents a significant contribution to the community. (Thank you by the way!) When the profile is free this seems to be something everyone appreciates.

When it comes to murkier waters elsewhere and allegations of stealing, well... it's like the song, "Is this love?" You really ought to know ;)

Although, unlike with love - we have Null and .kipr file analyses to guide our way... :)

Suhr Classic Pro, Fender deluxe Strat & Baja Tele, Gibson ES335, Ibanez S Prestige 2170FW, Eastman AR371CE, Variax JTV > KPA > Patch bay inc. Strymons (Mobius, Timeline, Blue Sky), H9 Max, TC Triple Delay, & POD HD500 > Adam A7Xs

• DrBertson, no offense at all taken, nor to anyone else's comments. It appears quite accidentally I've opened up a dialogue that some find needed opening!

I'm glad some of you have enjoyed the "profiles" I've uploaded and apologize to anyone who thinks I've done anything unethical, that certainly was the last thing I intended. I have seen so many "rigs" on the RE that were obviously tweaks of other people's original profiles, I thought this was pretty common and fair accepted practice, and that it provided a service to the community - which is exceptional, by the way! I AM pretty much a newbie here so I have no objection to someone saying "don't do that ever again" or saying instead "this is okay to do, nice job, look forward to your next contribution." Either way I'm good with it.

Cheers to all!

Gary ô¿ô

• OK, I'll say it : "Gary, this is okay to do, nice job, look forward to your next contribution."

When a tweaked rig shows the name of the tweaker, and the names of the original authors of the amps/cabs are still in the Tags, that seems reasonable to me.

Early on, only original profiles were added to the Rig Exchange, but as the population of Kemper Users increased, so did the requests for song specific sounds and Cabinet swapping tips, and more tweaked rigs began appearing on the Rig Exchange.

:)

• Well, according to these terms (that we as RE users have acknowledged once) we would only be allowed to upload rigs that we have profiled ourselves when we interpret the AND as inclusive. If 'and' is interpreted as 'OR' which is also imaginable to me

the AND means that the uploader needs to be the author of both. but we are not totally strict in this regards. in my personal opinion, deriving a rig from two others, tweaking it and uploading it is okay under two conditions:

- the new creation must be worth the upload. "worth" in terms of the community really benefits from it because the blend is good enough to stand out.
    - the author info of at least the profile (amp) and the cab have not been edited.

in a way it is up to you all. the more redundant trash we all find in rig exchange, the longer it will take us to dig out the crown jewels. the more you VOTE for rigs, the the better this indicator becomes.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• the AND means that the uploader needs to be the author of both. but we are not totally strict in this regards. in my personal opinion, deriving a rig from two others, tweaking it and uploading it is okay under two conditions:

- the new creation must be worth the upload. "worth" in terms of the community really benefits from it because the blend is good enough to stand out.
    - the author info of at least the profile (amp) and the cab have not been edited.

in a way it is up to you all. the more redundant trash we all find in rig exchange, the longer it will take us to dig out the crown jewels. the more you VOTE for rigs, the the better this indicator becomes.
    gs

This absolutely make sense also to me :thumbup:

• Makes sense to me as well.

As one other possible suggestion - does anyone care for the idea of "original profiler" - "significant tweaker"? For example: if I used something profiled by Paults but I made vast changes, I could perhaps edit the author tag: Paults-Gary Or KB-Gary thus giving credit right up front for all to see. Just a thought.

Gary ô¿ô

• gs, thanks for some official word on this. the Kemper team is outstanding in their ability to see and accommodate value coming from the community. glad this is how this case played out - I feel the response was appropriate, but that there is no official ban on modded profiles in the RE