Michael Britt's profiles are the best I've used

• Michael Britt from the country band Lonestar just released his personal set of profiles for sale (and, frankly, for pretty cheap, compared to the other stuff out there). http://www.mbrittprofiles.com/

What's cool is that, right after he did the first batch (about a year ago), I got them from a mutual friend of ours. In the past year, I literally have used not one other profile other than the ones he made. When you play his profiles in a mix, you can tell they were done by a long-time Nashville pro w/both the recording skills and the right gear. When I play so many other commercial profiles, I just feel I'm might be getting the latter. I've rarely thought I was getting something so mix-ready.

Anyway, so a couple of diverse clips from this summer:

This was Matchless profiles only, I think.:
    https://soundcloud.com/markcuthbertson/iff

This was a session for a Texas country band. I used the ERT33 profiles, a 5150 profile, a Bletchley and...a Fender Deluxe is in there somewhere.
    http://soundcloud.com/e-357/turn-back-time

This was just a couple of weeks ago, demoing the Ronin prototype. It's just one of the ERT33's with my Rockett Blue Note in front.
    [YOUTUBE]GdJA4ffQj1o[/YOUTUBE]

Anyway, I've got some others I can post if you want. That's just stuff from the past couple of months. But like I said, these are all the profiles I use anymore, and with good reason, I think.

• Wow, in your hands that's a great sounding guitar.

I agree, Michael Britt's profiles are the best so far.
    I've purchased so many good ones in the past but these are my go to now.
    Speaking of guitars… Michael's Anderson Cobra with 3 P90's sounds outstanding too.
    I want one bad now!

Emilio

• I just looked it up. It's a "Divided by 13 ERT33" - Google it. 34 watts. I love the sound suckamc has in that video - it's NOT the same sound as on MBritt's sound sample page, which is clean. I know he uses an echo stomp, but that grit tone - I'm fascinated to know if that sound on suckamc's vid is included in the profile pack or his own tweak. I'd buy it today if it's included.

Gary ô¿ô

• I just looked it up. It's a "Divided by 13 ERT33" - Google it. 34 watts. I love the sound suckamc has in that video - it's NOT the same sound as on MBritt's sound sample page, which is clean. I know he uses an echo stomp, but that grit tone - I'm fascinated to know if that sound on suckamc's vid is included in the profile pack or his own tweak. I'd buy it today if it's included.

suckamc says in his post that he has a Rockett Blue Note in front of the Kemper (probably - might also be in the distortion loop). The Rockett Blue Note is a variation of the Tube Screamer.

• aha..thanx! there are 9 profiles of the ERT33 in the pack..a few of them has a Timmy-pedal in front

And just for clarification. There are a number of Divided By 13 profiles in the pack. There is only one ERT33 in that pack. All of the other variations I had of that amp weren't different enough to warrant a bunch of redundant profiles. I loved the chimey Voxy sound of the clean ERT33 so that's what I used in the pack. SuckaMC used it as a clean platform amp setting to put pedals in front of and his Rockett Blue Note does sound great with it. You might be able to get something close with one of the tube screamer modules in the kemper with just slight gain added.

The ERT33 is an EL84 based amp, similar to a Vox. I also included profiles of the FTR37 which is a 4-6V6 powered amp and it has kind of a beefier deluxe sound. The 3rd Divided By 13 in the bunch is the LDW39, which is EL34 powered and has more of a Marshall thing going but has this interesting top end that is very unique. I believe there are profiles with the Timmy pedal in front of the FTR and LDW amps.

Let me know if you guys have any other specific questions on the profiled amps and I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks!

Mike

• The delay is Soundtoys Echoboy, but the delays in the Kemper are fine. Like the full quote says, I also had my Blue Note on in front, just like I might do with a real ERT33.

Sorry, I misread that...

Do you know which Matchless profile was in that video? Slick tone and playing btw. I don't find that guitar trebly at all "mba", deep and warm to me, at least in that vid. Never played one for real.

Gary ô¿ô

• Bought this pack and tried it yesterday ....ended up putting most of them into my KPA
    I deleted nearly all my other D/13 profiles as well as a number of other peoples stuff that Mikes pack did better to my ears ...I'm now having a hard decision whether to stay with the Morgan AC 20 profile from here (sorry can't remember the authors name ...but it is AWESOME rpachau ??) or go with the D/13 LDW :-)))
    just a point about sucka's tone those gold foils are great (I use a uk version from MOJO) and more than anything .....HIS HANDS :) nice playing sir :)

• Bought this pack and tried it yesterday ....ended up putting most of them into my KPA
    I deleted nearly all my other D/13 profiles as well as a number of other peoples stuff that Mikes pack did better to my ears ...I'm now having a hard decision whether to stay with the Morgan AC 20 profile from here (sorry can't remember the authors name ...but it is AWESOME rpachau ??) or go with the D/13 LDW :-)))
    just a point about sucka's tone those gold foils are great (I use a uk version from MOJO) and more than anything .....HIS HANDS :) nice playing sir :)

I'm finally sold now. When I'm back home I'll buy this as well! ;)
    The author of the Morgan AC20 is rmpacheco BTW ...

• Ah yes ...! Thanks Ingolf it is indeed RMpacheco .....that Morgan AC 20 patch is just lovely ..
    The D/13 LDW39 2.2 patch is the one I'm comparing both just lovely lovely sounds ...
    and I would NEVER of tried them had it not been for the KPA :)