Salam from Egypt!

• Hey everyone, a new KPA user here all the way from Egypt!
    I pulled the trigger on one of these 'NASA' toys (love the looks of the toaster), i'll probably need to read the Manual throughly to really get the best out of this abnormal alien device!

So far so good, the sound quality is PHENOMENAL, it's a piece of cake to dial in a decent tone without all the struggling and frustration.
    I still haven't even scratched the surface of what this thing is capable of, but i'm in the process of learning every bits and pieces of it.

Great community here, very friendly people.

Hope you all have a wonderful day out there wherever you are ;)

• Hey Abonyx!
    Welcome to the Forum! As cool as your KPA is now, the good news is you'll love it even more in a year. Just curious: Is there a large electric guitar community in Egypt? Do you play out?

• Thanks Guys! I'm currently going through the Rig exchange thingy and trying out new profiles, this is getting very interesting :D

• Hi welcome to the gang, also make sure you check out the wiki aswell some great info there :)

Hey man, thanks for informing me about the wiki, i haven't noticed it before and it's deffinatly helpful ;)

Welcome & enjoy! Where are you from? I've been in Egypt twice and have very fond memories. :)

I'm from Cairo, it's not exactly a very quiet place but it's fun! Where have you been when you visited? Let me guess, Hurghada or Sharm el Sheikh maybe? :D

Welcome!!! I love your country... :)

That's great Have you been to Egypt before?

Hey Abonyx!
    Welcome to the Forum! As cool as your KPA is now, the good news is you'll love it even more in a year. Just curious: Is there a large electric guitar community in Egypt? Do you play out?

I'm loving it more & more each day, the more i understand it, the more it really shines.
    There is actually a rather good guitar community here, Many underground bands and what not. Also we have a couple of good venues that aren't only for famous bands. Gear wise though not so great, i mean most of the guitarists here have Ibanez Gios, Squiers, LTDs, Pods and line 6 spider amps. Only a few who have tube amps and decent guitars (not that this what makes you a better guitarist but yea). There are probably just about 3-4 that own an Axe fx, and i guess i'm the only one who has a Kemper in Egypt, so i consider myself really blessed for being able to aquire something like this and i'm really thankful for that :)

Salam Abonyx! Welcome to the family.

Salam Bro, thanks!

Also for you who don't know what Salam means, it's an arabic word for Peace, which we use to greet each other, same as saying Hi for example :)

-Ahmed

• Glad to hear that Egypt has a thriving music scene. If the political climate will cool down and a moderate peace can be found I would love to come over and check out the music happening there and take in the amazing history and culture.
    Cheers!

• I'm from Cairo, it's not exactly a very quiet place but it's fun! Where have you been when you visited? Let me guess, Hurghada or Sharm el Sheikh maybe? :D

Ha! You 'nearly' got me! ;)
    No, not quite.
    One time indeed was only for a diving holiday in the Red Sea, in Port Safaga.
    The second time it was a very long round trip incl. visiting all the historic places, under the guide of a studied Egyptianologist.
    I remember I was staying in the Mena House in Gizeh, and I also remember climbing the Mikerinos pyramid alone myself (which would be impossible today I assume, it was more than 30 years ago). I also visited Assuan and was lucky to visit a hospital there.
    Plus Luxor/Karnac etc.
    I'd love to travel Egypt again some time.

• Ha! You 'nearly' got me! ;)
    No, not quite.
    One time indeed was only for a diving holiday in the Red Sea, in Port Safaga.
    The second time it was a very long round trip incl. visiting all the historic places, under the guide of a studied Egyptianologist.
    I remember I was staying in the Mena House in Gizeh, and I also remember climbing the Mikerinos pyramid alone myself (which would be impossible today I assume, it was more than 30 years ago). I also visited Assuan and was lucky to visit a hospital there.
    Plus Luxor/Karnac etc.
    I'd love to travel Egypt again some time.[/quote]

That's awesome man, not many tourists come here for the 'adventurous' part, they rather prefer sun bathing and spa like vacation which is really fun too! :D

You should definitely come again, and maybe i could give you a tour around and show you some cool places ;)

Sorry for replying so late ( 2 months late maybe? :p), i didn't have much free time xD

Glad to hear that Egypt has a thriving music scene. If the political climate will cool down and a moderate peace can be found I would love to come over and check out the music happening there and take in the amazing history and culture.
    Cheers!

You should really consider coming here, it's really calm here despite what the media is showing to scare people off, it's all lies. So come down here and see for yourself & i'll also show you around and maybe take you to some concerts and stuff ;)