Semi Hollow Soiree! "KId Charlamagne" & "Crossroads"

• Here are a few clips I did to demo some cool classic rock type sounds on the KPA. In addition to the solo recreations, I did a little improv over the outro of "Kid Charlamagne" just for the hell of it. The Steely Dan backing track is the actual original recording minus guitar and it came from backing tracks.com. The Cream track was soundalike project I worked on a few years ago for the rock and roll summer camp, Camp Jam. The rhythm section consists of Daniel Silvestri on Bass and Mark Cobb on drums...A pretty accurate recreation I think!

As stated in the video, I used Alexis Boyer's Two Rock CR profile for the basic Larry Carlton sound and tweaked it pretty extensively...Added lots of mids! The Clapton tone was a profile I did of a Suhr SL 67...a killer sounding amp. I did a bit of post Eq-ing and added some effects in my DAW (Cubase using UA plugs), so I want to tweak the profiles themselves a bit more before I put them up on the rig exchange.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What monitors are those?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking you mic'd the monitors, I was just wondering in general what the guys with mad chops use to monitor their stuff...

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

the first one does not work at all,

Andy, you're a bit harsh :o I really dig that tone , yeah full of mids but in the mix it's fitting very well to me, and this is a great hollow body driven tone , very close to the spirit of this classic .

this man does not have anything to sell , so who cares ???

• Really nice playing and nice vid demo for the Kemper.

I thought both tones were great, the second one does sit further back in the mix so perhaps fits a little better, but I think it depends on how the whole arrangement goes, sometimes lead should be supporting ornamentation, sometimes it needs to be solo lead and in your face. I've heard lots of jazz fusion trackes with similar lead tones and levels.

• Andy, you're a bit harsh :o I really dig that tone , yeah full of mids but in the mix it's fitting very well to me, and this is a great hollow body driven tone , very close to the spirit of this classic .

this man does not have anything to sell , so who cares ???

That is an odd remark from you that i did not expect
    music, tone, arrangments and final mix are all subjective. I was being honest in my opinion. And stand by what i said, i respect the guy hughly for his talent in what he does. So my input can perhaps help him in the future. What has it got to do with selling anything?

• Hi !

Sorry Andy , it was not aimed at you : I just wanted to say that if this man was selling his profiles, It would be legitimate to criticize his tone if you don't like the demo ( I did it on Sinmix's Python Fender).

Obviously they will be free, so there is no reason to get a negative review , as an old medieval French proverb says :

'A cheval donné on ne regarde pas les dents' :P

don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul