controlling stomps fx

• I have a bunch of good sounds combined with needed stomp fx. They are individually stored and I can recall them through my Roland FC 200 midi pedal. The problem is that I have to save the same rig several times when playing one song: one without the delay (for the couplet), one without the reverb (for the intro), one with the chorus (for the intro)etc So I need several switches (just on/off status) on my board for just this one song.
    I know: very unconventional so I studied the manual and wiki (midi) for doing this less complicated. But I can't figure it out.

Unfortunately I'm not familiair with CC's. I have no trouble to buy another controller but I would like to have a number of kemper amps at my feet which I can combine with kemper fx when needed for a song, something like a Voodo lab Ground Control (on/off) switch system (but I know now that this particular board doesn't work with the kemper!)
    Line 6 Vetta's long floorboard (long ago) worked like a charm this way: make a preset with all the needed fx for the song, save, and easily switch on/off fx during playing on the same board.

Appreciate any suggestion.

• I have friend who plays for the band Lonestar and he uses his KPA with the Ground Control and it works great.

• You can do this even with the Kemper at firmware 2.7. You obviously know it as well, judging by your original post. Assign footswitches on your midi controller to send CC messages from different stomps. You can send multiple CC messages to turn on/off multiple effects, or even have each stomp turn on/off one effect.

This is one of the reasons I find the U4K chip seems to dumb things down for the worse, because it doesn't allow you to do any further programming. Midi programming isn't rocket science and once you get into it, you can do all kinds of things even with a basic floorboard like the FCB1010 or even my loop switching system, a Loopholic 5.

• Thanks everyone for your replies. Much appreciate! :)

About the GCP. Look at the topic (VOODOO LABS GROUND CONTROL (data: Nov. 6th 2014) from RICH_IN_CINCYGRAMMANU replies here:

" Nov 12th 2014
    Hi!I tried the GCP earlier this year. In fact it is a very good midi controller BUT it didn`t really work with the KPA! There was a long delay between switching. This problem could not be fixed by Kemper or Voodoo Lab. Seemed KPA and GCP don`t match.I bought the rocktron midi raider and it worked perfectly. You even have 2 more CC`s and there`s no parameter that you cannot customize like you want it. Prize is the same.

Still, there are users who seem to work fine with it so I'm in doubt.

Your suggestions of waiting for the KPA Remote controller follow what I read before but it's a long wait... and still I don't see an outcoming date.The first thing I'm gonna do is upgrading to 2.7. (thanks nightlight!) I upgraded before but I neglected it for a time....too busy with studying on the KPA.

I guess in the meantime I have to study on CC's ....somewhere on the internet for what I have now.

• NAMM is around the corner - and they will present it there for sure.
    Everybody is entitled to make a guess when they will actually start taking orders.
    I say Mid Feb. ;)

90% of the game is half-mental.

• NAMM is around the corner - and they will present it there for sure.
    Everybody is entitled to make a guess when they will actually start taking orders.
    I say Mid Feb. ;)

CK posted on here that forum members
    can get it first if they registered at an email that CK posted. This I think is wise because there will be a big demand for this unit :)

• I use the FC 300 and it does exactly what you're trying to do for me. The FC 200 is very similar I think it just has one less CTL button. Bottom line is you can get your foot pedal to work easy enough but it will require settings and midi programming, not tough once you dive in and just get it done.

If yours is like the FC 300 it also has CTL buttons on the toe switches of each expression pedal. You could set one toe switch to CC# 27 to turn on and off the delay, set the other toe switch to CC#29 to turn on and off the reverb and the set CTL 1 to CC#24 to turn on and off the Chorus if it's on the Mod Slot. This way you can stay in patch change mode while playing live.

Programming the 300 is super easy, I'm sure the 200 is too. Good luck!

• Thanks Booyah. You exactly translate what I'm looking for. This is what I have:
    http://www.rolandus.com/products/details/55
    so indeed just one Ctrl. Better wait to buy a 300 with the KPA Remote controller possibly in sight now.
    In the meantime I'll study on the CC's.

The Remote is coming at NAMM - they've shown it in that video show.

With the Kemper Remote, you won't have to know anything about MIDI CC numbers to program switches I, II, III, IV. You can separately assign them for each Performance Slot. Each of the switches can turn on/off up to four FX. You can even have a switch turn off FX and turn on other FX with a single button push.

• I've run into your situation with certain songs even with 2 expression pedals and 2 CTL buttons. My solution was to create a bank just for that song, patch 1= dry, patch 2= chorus, patch 3 big delay, etc. So far I only have 3 banks set up like that for specific tunes and it's manageable.

The other option for you is to get to the profile you use for the song and hit the Mode button on your FC200 to get into CC mode. You need to assign each of the buttons 1-10 a Midi CC# (the list of options for the Kemper is in the manual and it's pretty straight forward). You'll be amazed at how cool this can be, I can add a boost, octave, whammy, whatever I want on any profile using this method. I have my pedals labeled with the functions each pedal changes, I.E. 1 is Stomp A, 2 is Stomp B, CTL is Tap etc.