Rack or Toaster??? Can't decide!!!

• Finally about to pull the trigger on a Kemper but can't decide which to go with.

Here's my rig:
    • Kemper
    • Jet City USA 1x12 (Splawn 2x12 when required)
    • ISP Stealth Power amp
    • VooDoo Lab Ground Control Pro
    • Mission Engineering EP1-KP

i have the Mission Geminie rack case that the Kemper will fit in but I get nervous about no doors when transporting

• Hi JerEvil

i have both. I first brought the toaster which was great and the LED's on the bass, middle, treble etc are really useful. When the rack was released I brought that because in my band we use IEM's and I take the mixing desk. This is all racked so this allowed me to put the KPA rack underneath and leave everything connected between gigs. I now use my Toaster KPA in the studio.

In in making your decision think about the LED's that the rack doesn't have would these be of use to use when gigging at a quick glance you can see where your settings are. Or..... Do you want the compactness of the rack KPA stored in a rack case and nice and safe. Which ever one you choose you will be very happy with the results of the KPA

• Hi JerEvil

i have both. I first brought the toaster which was great and the LED's on the bass, middle, treble etc are really useful. When the rack was released I brought that because in my band we use IEM's and I take the mixing desk. This is all racked so this allowed me to put the KPA rack underneath and leave everything connected between gigs. I now use my Toaster KPA in the studio.

In in making your decision think about the LED's that the rack doesn't have would these be of use to use when gigging at a quick glance you can see where your settings are. Or..... Do you want the compactness of the rack KPA stored in a rack case and nice and safe. Which ever one you choose you will be very happy with the results of the KPA

well, it'll get gigged but maybe only once a month. The rest of the time will be in my home studio . I like the aesthetic of the toaster more personally I'd get a hard shell case for transporting should I go with that one.

• both are fine.

I am currently not in any band, but I took my toaster on every vacation I went over the last 3 years. I have the green bag!
    We travelled to Austria, 3 times Denmark 3 and Rügen.
    I like the small footprint and the weight of the bag/toaster combo. Friends of mine, who travel frequently, take theirs as carry-on luggage on planes without a problem.

The rack version is meant to be tied to a rack. That is the whole idea of the form factor.

I agree with Raoul and recommend the toaster.

90% of the game is half-mental.

• well, it'll get gigged but maybe only once a month. The rest of the time will be in my home studio . I like the aesthetic of the toaster more personally I'd get a hard shell case for transporting should I go with that one.

That's similar to my situation. You should go with the head and a hard case.

• +1 for toaster, even though in own a (Power) Rack. Just seems more convenient if you're not gigging regularly or have it permanently set up in the studio.

Cheers,
    Sam

ps I'm really missing my KPA. Just moved apartments and there's so much to be done that I can't get time to go to the studio, where my Rack is sitting all alone...

• If it is THAT easy for you, you buy an extra one, and send it to ME ;)

Heck, make that 2!

I'm so lazy that I don't generally take mine out of the Namba Bag each week in between worship services on the weekends. Another one, permanently set up, would be perfect.

Thanks in advance Zap!!!!! :thumbup:

• Two would be great! Anybody have a buy one get one free coupon they're not using? Seriously though, I will more than likely go with the toaster. My studio is actually in a an open space in my house, so sitting on top of my desk I think it might make a nice little piece to look at. For life purposes, this will generally be used with a band that does strictly corporate events. Usually between 800 to 2500 people. If that schedule picks up, I may also invest in the power rack. Who knows.

• Go for the toaster, it's a wonderful unconventional form factor that makes it easy to transport and easy to tweak. I'm really concerned about weight when I travel or gig and a rack case is just added load. The toaster in a good backpack or shoulder sling bag just weighs 7-8 kg.

Just ordered the gray toaster and Mission Engineering KP expression pedal. Got a stellar deal from my guy Arend at Sweetwater

i I haven't been this excited about a piece of gear in years!

• Get lots of sleep in now then, coz you won't sleep for weeks once it arrives :) enjoy it when it arrives I'm sure you will :)

LOL! I believe that. I get a bit obsessive. Have already gotten some of the TAF profiles and am going to grab a couple of the Pete's Profiles as well.

• LOL! I believe that. I get a bit obsessive. Have already gotten some of the TAF profiles and am going to grab a couple of the Pete's Profiles as well.

excellent they should keep you entertained for a while. im a TAF profile addict lol if you haven't already purchase the Marshall pack that's my favourite the JCM 800 in there is what I use live its fat, crisp, smooth and just sounds steller :)