About the new Remote and Looper Complaints......

• So.....you knew all along?!!!!!!! You are a bad man Mr Dlaut. You didnt tell us. :evil:
    He tells somebody, at random, the pricing, even though the boards were on fire with conjecture what it may be?
    Did he tell you to keep your lip zipped or what?

Busted!

Actually, I told him I would keep our conversation confidential....I seemed like the appropriate thing to do. ;)

However, As the NAMM show has approached, and Kemper started leaking information, I thought I could risk mentioning the price. So, if you look in my post history, you will see that I've been predicting the price for several weeks. There were too many people coming up with irrational low-ball guesses, so I thought I would help offer some leveling for those expectations.

It didn't work, of course.

How anybody could think that an electronic item, like the Remote, could be made in Germany, shipped to the US, sold to distributors, marked-up by them, and resold to us for any less, is a mystery. :wacko:

• o now change course and either require me to purchase a lesser pedalboard to get a significant feature or continue with my pedalboard without the feature is why I have a complaint with the policy

I am not sure I'd agree with that. A looper has never been a major option for the Profiler: no-one here bought one because they expected the looper to be implemented (unlike Performance mode or the Undo function, that were actually due).

So you bought this Ferrari. There was no car radio in it yet, so you buy a third-part car radio. Then Ferrari comes up with a car radio that - say - automatically tunes to a kind of music that fits your mood.
    And - correct me if I'm getting this wrong - you blame them because they did not implement in logic the possibility for any third-part car radios to perform the same function? Why?

• It's only money,... I had been using a GCP since before I got my Toaster, ( had my Kemper since first shipment hit US ), had an FCB lying around, purchased 3 different chips for it over last 2 years, purchased Liquid Foot 12 + just Last week, and ordered KR 2 days later.
    Thats the Industry. Love it or leave it. Surprisingly, Kemper is way, WAY more supportive of their products than many other manufacturers. Considering my Toaster can load and utilize the absolute latest updates, and they haven't charged me any additional cash, I'm very grateful. I've probably purchased 2, maybe 3, IPhones in the same amount of time, to be able to utilize their latest improvements. And that's ok with me too.

If the KR proprietary communication protocol is even minimally quicker at changing presets, I'll be happy. Could care less about the looper. I do that now in Ableton and loop a lot more than what is generated from the Kemper proprietary communication has a better chance of being faster. Look at the Boss GP-10 guitar Synth. It s internal sounds are WAY faster than if you send it out via midi and then a synth receives the midi data etc.

• i was one of the ones that thought it wasn't cool that Kemper would limit the looper to the remote.

that said, I've had personal contact with CK before buying my KPA and I've had it for a while. the support to their customers is outstanding. the fact that numerous employees are constantly engaging the community on the forums, including CK himself, speaks volumes that they do care, very much.

one misstep for something as silly IMO as a looper is not coming close to changing my opinion of this company, nor do i think anyone out there is going to base their decision to buy or continue to own their KPA on 3rd party foot controller support for the internal looper. i understand the frustration of many, especially those who bought expensive do-it-all controllers, but let's not be so heated maybe...?

and let's be honest, all this armchair business talk about what makes the most business sense is painful to read. by some people's logic, i guess no company should ever update their software or release firmware updates without charging for it. some companies have tried that...and soon abandoned it. maybe there's some business sense in "free" updates for existing customers (while improving the product for potential customers).

• I think in terms of perspective: There are a lot of people using Kempers, there are a lot of people happy with them and a small minority who aren't happy, either with the product or the pricing or whatever. This is and always will be the case for everything. In my tiny humble opinion, the price of the remote is a touch high, sitting at a third of the price i bought my KPA for. To me this is a lot of cash for a metal box with some buttons and a screen, but since none of the other controllers on the market are adequate IMO I'll be forced to buy one anyway. Some people seem obsessed with the "looper", personally i'm utterly dumbfounded by it. I've played hundreds and seen probably thousands of gigs over the last 10 years and literally don't think i've ever seen one used.

• Some people seem obsessed with the "looper", personally i'm utterly dumbfounded by it. I've played hundreds and seen probably thousands of gigs over the last 10 years and literally don't think i've ever seen one used.

This
    99% true ... and the other 1% need a more versatile lopper anyway (and maybe don't need a Kemper). :D

Here's some of the 1% to enjoy during heated discussion:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I see mostly guys who do one-man shows using loopers. I'd guesstimate they actually don't use more than 30 seconds when they do. The usually loop the parts right in front of you. Cool when you see it done as it takes good timing but I haven't seen bands do it. Well, except The Who, lol!

The features about the Remote that make it really cool for me is the ability to recall multiple pedals, have 2 pedals per switch, the always on tuner but mostly the fast switching. It's also nice not to have 2 MIDI cables vs one RJ45. I'm sure there will be more. Since Kemper is developing it side-by-side as an integrated component, time will tell. Maybe we will see features that can be toggled in the KPA that turn features off and on as people may want or not want them. The footprint is impressive to me. Although the up/down browse button looks to be a bit of a pain being in the second row. I hope I can manipulate it in the dark without hitting Performance 1+2 buttons.

• @lightbox - thank you for posting that video. From singer songwriter to dance music - all solo. Very good stuff! :)

His songs are excellent examples of how to compose songs with a chord progression that repeats for the entire song, using different instrumental parts and melodies to make each section of the song interesting and distinct from each other.

And, you HAVE to love guitars with that much gaffer's tape on them :)

• And, you HAVE to love guitars with that much gaffer's tape on them :)

And that guitar is quite special. The deep E and A string are one or two octave deeper than normal, he modified the guitar to fit bass guitar strings.

BTW: He is actually nominated for the Grammy awards in the category "Best R&B Album" this year.

• This
    99% true ... and the other 1% need a more versatile lopper anyway (and maybe don't need a Kemper). :D

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cool video, thanks

• This

Nice video !! :)

• I've been extremely happy with Kemper products, support, development, etc. I am currently using a liquid foot controller and very pleased how they integrate together. To this point Kemper has supported controlling a great number of parameters via midi/NRPN to allow 3rd party controllers to operate as viable options.

do I want looper support via midi? Sure, who wouldn't, but looper by itself is not enough of a reason to swap out and give up features of a fully configurable controller. I like having a full LCD display for every button so I don't have to memorize the color to FX groupings, the LCDs tell you PHA for Phaser, or TREM for tremolo.

i like being able to program step functions so every press of a button can send a string of commands or a simple command, etc.

everyone wants a different level of effort required to program the controllers, etc.
    knowing this, there is no single controller that will be perfect for everyone.

im still hoping for some minimal loop support down the road, but for now I'm sticking with what works for my needs and setup.

sean

• I see mostly guys who do one-man shows using loopers. I'd guesstimate they actually don't use more than 30 seconds when they do. The usually loop the parts right in front of you. Cool when you see it done as it takes good timing but I haven't seen bands do it. Well, except The Who, lol!

The features about the Remote that make it really cool for me is the ability to recall multiple pedals, have 2 pedals per switch, the always on tuner but mostly the fast switching. It's also nice not to have 2 MIDI cables vs one RJ45. I'm sure there will be more. Since Kemper is developing it side-by-side as an integrated component, time will tell. Maybe we will see features that can be toggled in the KPA that turn features off and on as people may want or not want them. The footprint is impressive to me. Although the up/down browse button looks to be a bit of a pain being in the second row. I hope I can manipulate it in the dark without hitting Performance 1+2 buttons.

It's not inconceivable to have two FX per switch. With my basic controller, I can have as many FX activated in a single button press as there are slots on the Kemper with a single button click! Or five FX. Or three. Unbelievable? I can easily demonstrate this. And I don't mean PC changes, I mean PC messages. To boot, there is no lag between activation of these stomps with the existing firmware, so I am really eager to see whether the Remote will indeed be faster than normal midi. It's less than a fraction of a second, I wish I could do a recording while micing up the footswitch to demonstrate how fast it is, but my computer crashed the other day.

I am one of the guys who really needs a Remote for the looper feature. It's mainly to play loops during solos with my band, which is a three-piece. I really wish there were features such as one or two more loop banks, so that you could play multiple loops simultaneously, something like a Boomerang. So many options with where to take your music with layers if you think about it.

Till I get a Remote, however, I'm not going to knock the existing feature set of the Kemper. The Remote is just an addition to the goodness that is the Kemper, in my book, and even if I didn't get one, I'm pretty confident that I would still be getting maximum bang for buck with this device.