Looper is working through MIDI, KPA Team made it available in 3.0.2 Public Beta:)(UPDATED 26.03.2015)

• Guys I am making converter for Jazz plugin, so you can try the looper by yourself with simple CC MIDI commands.
    We have also found other commands. :D We know how to UNDO, STOP/ERASE.
    It's working very very good. And guess what... It's usable even with no visual feedback. No latencies, instant reactions.:)

• Guys I am making converter for Jazz plugin, so you can try the looper by yourself with simple CC MIDI commands.
    We have also found other commands. :D We know how to UNDO, STOP/ERASE.
    It's working very very good. And guess what... It's usable even with no visual feedback. No latencies, instant reactions.:)

Can you go ahead and post the NRPN numbers?

Thanks!

• This is all quite interesting.
    Wonder if they will pull an Apple and find a way to cripple or even totally brick it.
    Would like to be a fly on the wall though.

I personally don't need their looper as it is quite limited anyway.
    I have one I am happy with now and may soon just get Fractals effects board when it is released, which also has a looper.

Love what your doing though.
    It IS your device, you paid for it. Do what you like with it. :thumbup:

• Again I am shocked that more controls are possible, who would have have ever thought that possible? I am disappointed that they killed the functionality with the release of 3.0 and the kpr, weren't comments just made on the forums that all Kemper functions were now Midi controllable? Guess the ones related to the looper were not on the allowed list. I really love my liquid foot 12+ and do not see enough value in the remote to justify buying another controller simply to have the Kemper version, also from a Midi stand point the kpr doesn't have the depth that my current controller does.

So if there are no latencies involved with Midi, is the only justification to prevent us from using Midi for looper control, that we wouldn't know which button does what without the kpr's screen? Or is this just to drive up kpr sales? I was originally going the Axefx2 route until I discovered the Kemper, for all the praise here for all things Kemper and how much better it is here vs there, this really smacks me as something that is isolating a portion of the folks who were formerly proud to praise the Kemper.... that's my 2 cents, no perspective needed, no bashing required from the folks happy to pay for the kpr.... I paid for the Powerrack thinking it was pretty future proof and bought into the belief that it was better here based on the chatter on the forum...

• Filter is not the right word. They likely simply removed the code portions that respond to those NRPN commands.

Well, we can only speculate here, but I'm assuming they've filtered those NRPNs from the MIDI In port, because it seems unlikely the Remote is sending anything other than NRPN over the Cat 5 cable. Why would they have implemented a second protocol they never intended to use?

Inthrutheout, if this is the case, it would be something hardcoded into the OS image, and not easily worked around.

• OHHH, I see what you mean. Yeah, good point.

Filter is a better word. :thumbup:

.... which kinda sucks because in all likelihood it took extra work to actively detect and filter based on presence of their own hardware.

• What other controls did you discover hidden under the NRPN functions?

it wouldn't be fair for Kemper to keep these sorts of usable gems hidden or denied from us. After all it's US the users and buyers who drive this along as much as Kemper.

• As in update-able to incorporate new features and improvements etc...that is kind of the point of having the ability to flash firmware etc. You should stop opening these threads if it upsets you because that is not my intent. I do however have the right to express my option, regardless of your desire to agree, so save yourself the grief and understand that I am an adult capable of thinking for myself.

From Kempers own site

"Free Feature Update

Wouldn’t it be great to beam a couple of different new tubes into your amp back from the 50s? Or magically let a couple of new stomps surface in your gig bag? In software you already can do that and we make extended use of it. Free feature additions by software updates for the Profiler is a tradition at Kemper. We pride ourselves to use what’s common in the computer world for a musical instrument as well, to your advantage. This way, your purchase becomes even more valuable over time. "

I take that to go along with being more future proof then buying something that is not update able.