Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• The ability to sort through amps and cabs and select effects, as well as adjust parameters, is reason enough for me to want an editor, not to mention I don't like having to get up out of my chair to make adjustments. I work at my computer nearly 100% of the time when recording / using my DAW, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so it would make my work flow much more efficient. Even the Amplifire has an editor, and it doesn't have 1/10th the number of stock amps, cabs or effects parameters that the Axe-FX has.

• I rarely tweak the actual profiles so my personal reasons for wanting an editor is not to tweak as infinitum.

It's just because there are so many possibilities with the fx and morphing now that the ease of use of the actual unit is going backwards. The fx needed to get more complicated and the team has done a great job but it would help people to use them to their fullest extent if they had an editor.

• For me the most benefit would be to manage presets and cabs. This is only possible in a realistic way in the Kemper if you do not have so many.
    For tweaking profiles the features of the KPA was good enough for me till now. (I use mainly commercial Rigs and some from REl)

For the new delays its now to komplex to get the full advantage of this feature.
    And I hope the new reverbs will also as great.

• Easy cab management would make things much more convenient.
    I had this idea while ago, to implement in Rig Manager, when in Cabinet Name column, there would be drop down list with cabinets from certain location (Kemper, Local Library or both).
    Many users voted for that solution, but since editor was announced, developers may come with their own solution.
    Anyway it shows how inconvenient browse knob is when you have over 100 cabinets.

[Blocked Image: http://s12.postimg.org/susqrmztp/cabs_prop1.jpg]

• Anyway..

We all agree that we need an editor now with 5.0..I guess not a single Kemper-user will deny it.

Besides all this..I still insist that untill 4.0 an editor was not priority.From the beginning the Profiler was all about to catch the DNA of any given tube amp and cabinet.With DNA I mean the sum of parts which let a tube amp or an cabinet sound like no other rig in this world.I mean its character & soul.

How many years and how much tweaking one has to waste to understand that you just cant tweak it without to derail it.. :/

Most woman understand this at some point.Most guitar players will never.. <X:D

• It's not even about just tweaking the sound with an editor. Personally, I've yet to tweak the EQ on any profile. Example: it would be useful to save different custom presets for the same effect that you could simply drag into a stomp and/or performance, no?

That would have been just as useful for 4.0 as 5.0.

• I was never against an editor, but I really didn't need one or care about one. Morphing made it more enticing, but the new delays pushed me over the top (and I'm not really an effects guy).

Count me in for the "we need an editor" club. I'm glad this is being worked on.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I was never against an editor, but I really didn't need one or care about one. Morphing made it more enticing, but the new delays pushed me over the top (and I'm not really an effects guy).

Count me in for the "we need an editor" club. I'm glad this is being worked on.

That's the way to go. I don't need it, but I don't want others to not need/have it.
    For studio/recording workflow automation ensured by editor and presets management is something important.

• I also agree the KPA very very much needs an editor. It would make everything you do on the KPA easier.
    Not to mention knobs and buttons wear out or sometime just fail. That means your KPA gets shipped away for 2-4 weeks for repair.
    The KPA interface as good as it is will never be able to match an editor on your computer for ease of use and major time savings.

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• Personally, I've yet to tweak the EQ on any profile.

Same here, bud.

Tried it once to emulate a graphic-EQ stomp my brother uses for lead boosting; he and I both gave up after a while. The plugin-style graphic interaction the editor will be able to offer will surely see both you and I actually using the Kemper's EQ on occasion, no doubt.

• It's not even about just tweaking the sound with an editor. Personally, I've yet to tweak the EQ on any profile. Example: it would be useful to save different custom presets for the same effect that you could simply drag into a stomp and/or performance, no?

Yes.Agree absolutely that this would be usefull.

Again this is a matter of resources and priorities.Adding refinments to the amp/cabinet/speaker sound (like better low-end frequencies during profiling and pure cab) had higher priorities for the small KPA-team.I salute these priorities.

Maybe they should have done the editor prior to morphing or the delays..hmm..People would now cry that for these sparse fx they just dont need an editor..and why did Kemper not the new delays first.. ^^

As one guy said in an post earlier.I am very glad that Kemper go their own way.Dont listing to anyone,following the master-plan,no matter what..

• skoczy schrieb:

Easy cab management would make things much more convenient.
    [/quote]

A great wish of mine :!:
    I have hundreds cabs from Till, SinMix, Tonehammer, Rigbuster, Reampzone and many other I would like to try or use.
    But I don't like to transfer it to the KPA and need to turn the browse wheel to find one.
    To set an effect the browse wheel is busy enough. I worry, that this mechanical part is not built for this.
    To delete one preset needs the same procedure again.

As long there is no reasonable way to manage presets and cabs it makes no sense for me to use it.

Cabs and prests are super features of the KPA but not practicable to use if you have very much. :!:

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Sharry,

Your last post was excellent. You brought up some very good points. Thanks

The Kemper Profiling Amp is the best musical invention since the Electric Guitar and the Marshall Amp .

• I've always found scrolling through multiple effect types to find the one I want tiresome.

If I need a chorus, I have to pass the od and dist stomps. The noise and inconvenience are sub par in such a great piece of kit.

These should have been split into categories from the start.

• That's the funny thing.

If you turn the type knob in the reverb section, it will only show you your reverb types.

Time to extend that logic to the rest of the stomps.

Since you can now put virtually anything in any stomp/effect, how would this help?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• What I meant is, when you switch to a specific stomp using browse, turning the type knob should allow you to only browse presets related to said stomp.

Other way around - when you switch to a specific stomp using type, turning the browse knob should allow you to only browse presets related to said stomp