Here's video of my 2 remotes breaking

• ...this Remote rollout has been a fiasco.

Now that's over-exaggerating. I think there are far greater numbers enjoying their Remotes having received them either on time or ahead of schedule with no problems than otherwise. However, as is always the case, reports of delays or faulty units attract more attention and are more likely to be posted about. Those that have received theirs without any hiccups are too busy enjoying their new gear. I know I am.

There's been a lot of confusion and panic due to the idiosyncrasies of Kemper's webshop (what with the order status and whatnot), but if people just took notice of the shipping date email instead, there wouldn't be half as much anxiety. Ho hum.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes,
    Sam

Now that's over-exaggerating.

Well, perhaps. This obviously is not the end of the world. But if any customer has concerns, it's in Kemper's best interest to take a sympathetic tone. Failing that, they're better off not having a web presence at all.

I'm glad this has all gone well for you, but that doesn't warrant minimizing the troubles others have had, some of which have been significant IMO.

I don't have a horse in this race anymore, decided to bank my $600. Just calling it like I see it.

• Now that's over-exaggerating. I think there are far greater numbers enjoying their Remotes having received them either on time or ahead of schedule with no problems than otherwise. However, as is always the case, reports of delays or faulty units attract more attention and are more likely to be posted about. Those that have received theirs without any hiccups are too busy enjoying their new gear. I know I am.

There's been a lot of confusion and panic due to the idiosyncrasies of Kemper's webshop (what with the order status and whatnot), but if people just took notice of the shipping date email instead, there wouldn't be half as much anxiety. Ho hum.

Very well stated.

• I guess my whole thing is, I shouldn't have to do any of this in the first place. Then let's say it works, how do I know it's fixed permanently and won't crap out in me in the future? This is the dedicated foot controller for the kemper itself and it doesn't even work. There are 3rd party units working just fine for less. For $600 this is unacceptable

I agree that you shouldn't have to be going through this, but if it's a matter of your firmware not installing cleanly, that's really beyond Kemper's control. There's a possibility that there is nothing wrong with your Kemper or your remote, just a firmware glitch. If that's the case, I would file that in the "random crappy things that sometimes happen when you deal with computers" category more so
    than an indictment on Kemper's business practices.
    If you get that remote working, you will be glad you did.

Also..typing on this forum on an iphone is almost as exasperating as the remote rollout!

• i agree too what sambrox wrote
    its a new device, everybody wanted it faster than fast, maybe there are some small issues with the first ones,
    thats bad for everyone who will have troubles with the remote,
    but at least kemper will fix any issue.
    maybe sometimes its better to wait a little longer, and then be on the safe side than to be the first to get
    a new electronic device, but that everybody have to decide for himself

• I'm glad this has all gone well for you, but that doesn't warrant minimizing the troubles others have had, some of which have been significant

I apologise sincerely if it has come across as though I'm belittling the troubles that others have had in this process, that wasn't my intention at all. Actually, it's quite the opposite. I just feel that things in general have been blown a little out of proportion. Of course, those with faulty Remotes have had a rough ride.

Cheers,
    Sam

• i feel with you
    but see the good side
    which other company in the world will act like the kemper guys
    sendimg a cmpl new KPA to get the problem solved
    never heard before of this
    for me its outstanding , world leading service and support
    im glad to be a customer of this company
    im sure all will be good on your side

• Interesting but wonder what Kemper is going to do about it, Ild hate to be on a gig and have this failure. Fortunatly no gigs for a couple of weeks and i'll put the Remote through it's paces everynight till then to hopefully make sure

we will fix it, not a big deal. i know it is unfortunate for the ones in here who have issues but if you would see the percentage of those against people who just happily pedal away - i don't want to play it down but i guess you know what i'd like to bring across.
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• we will fix it, not a big deal. i know it is unfortunate for the ones in here who have issues but if you would see the percentage of those against people who just happily pedal away - i don't want to play it down but i guess you know what i'd like to bring across.
    gs

@G String - Thanks for chiming in. In the area of "we will fix it", can you give us some insight as to whether the issue/solution is now known to Kemper? Firmware? Hardware? Other? Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide us.

• Gstring , I appreciate your voice here , but your very statement begs the question of what is going on. So far my replacement remote is running flawlessly, but

"we will fix it, not a big deal. i know it is unfortunate for the ones in here who have issues but if you would see the percentage of those against people who just happily pedal away - i don't want to play it down but i guess you know what i'd like to bring across."
    gs

Without knowing how many remotes have been shipped and are working just fine, how would we know what the actual failure rate is. To be honest Kemper has not been forthcomming with the cause of the failures( and you may have not figured it out yet) so I think we all are a little skeptical about it happening to the ones that are working.

I also Greatly appreciate and applaud Kemper for doing everything they can to help everyone who has and is having a problem

• @G String - Thanks for chiming in. In the area of "we will fix it", can you give us some insight as to whether the issue/solution is now known to Kemper? Firmware? Hardware? Other? Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide us.

the issue is rare (which is a good thing for most of you and for us). we will address it, by either swapping what is necessary or a software update. some more patience is needed here. the main purpose of me saying something here is that we acknowledge your concern. we are in the middle of a major trade show this week and many of us are unable to post more details here. remember, kemper is a dedicated but small team in comparison to the lights of global players.
    n8 gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• the issue is rare (which is a good thing for most of you and for us). we will address it, by either swapping what is necessary or a software update. some more patience is needed here. the main purpose of me saying something here is that we acknowledge your concern. we are in the middle of a major trade show this week and many of us are unable to post more details here. remember, kemper is a dedicated but small team in comparison to the lights of global players.
    n8 gs

Thank you! :thumbup::thumbup:

Gstring , I appreciate your voice here , but your very statement begs the question of what is going on.

This is the main reason I've been frustrated, despite the fact that I never even ordered a remote. No one expects a 0.0% defect rate, and certainly no one can blame Kemper for the fact that demand exceeded their expectations, but again and again I see very straightforward questions asked, and never quite answered.

Sending replacement Remotes and even a new KPA is great customer service, no doubt, but it is also a clear indication that Kemper do not understand the problem yet. That's fine - just say so.

• Listen, I'm more than happy with kempers fast customer service as far as sending out replacements, but they really have offered no explanation as to why or what is going on. It seems like they are sweeping it under the rug and trying to keep it hush hush. Sending out replacements of broken or defective remotes isn't going to solve anything. I honestly can't believe it myself that they are sending me a new kemper amp. I had to do a double take. I just hope it's not some refurbished one because if it is I won't take it. Maybe they are putting a band aid on cancer as of this moment but at least they are doing something for me. I hate to be that guy and be an ass but if it were any other company most people including myself would back out of everything all together and never return as a customer.

• @Ewolf5150 In as much as I empathize with your situation, I really don't understand the mixed message.
    We all know Kemper, has encountered a limited number of remotes not functioning as they should.
    (I haven't even received mine, and share the possible concern of whether the one I get may act up) :/

Still...In my book Kemper has and is doing everything with in their power to preserve customer satisfaction all the while, in the midst of keeping pace of the early bird "frenzy" and all the customer anxiety & chaos associated with it.

Personally, I know of no other company willing to issue direct replacements for both Remotes or now Profiler's with the urgency they're providing in order to support satisfaction.

G String (our Kemper ambassador ;) ) has already shared they're operating with a small team while servicing a global arena and he IMO is doing his level best to update us when and where he can. But he's still one guy and most likely pretty busy to be sure.

Again, we realize your frustration, but as for me, I'm not so concerned in knowing the technical answers of root cause unless there's something I can actually do about it.
    I take more solace in knowing that Kemper is showing by example they know customer support in case of a problem.

• Not sure I understand your comment. My last comment basically agreed with what you just said. I'm happy with kempers fast service but I am still frustrated and rightfully so. I understand they are a small company, I work for a small family business so I know how things can be. Kemper should still expect customers to be upset and not satisfied when something they paid for doesn't work two times. What should have been a smooth 1 time thing has turned into waiting, more waiting, boxing things up, taking them to be shipped back, waiting some more, checking my email everyday, getting new item then praying it works only to go through it all over again with no end in sight. I do realize I am in the minority and most who have their remotes are satisfied and happy with them.