Here's video of my 2 remotes breaking

• Not sure I understand your comment. My last comment basically agreed with what you just said. I'm happy with kempers fast service but I am still frustrated and rightfully so. I understand they are a small company, I work for a small family business so I know how things can be. Kemper should still expect customers to be upset and not satisfied when something they paid for doesn't work two times. What should have been a smooth 1 time thing has turned into waiting, more waiting, boxing things up, taking them to be shipped back, waiting some more, checking my email everyday, getting new item then praying it works only to go through it all over again with no end in sight. I do realize I am in the minority and most who have their remotes are satisfied and happy with them.

Hi Ewolf5150,

I understand your frustration, especially when it comes to re-packaging and return shipping (never a fun process) of faulty equipment.

However, I must say, I am mightily impressed that Kemper is sending you out a brand new replacement amp...even when it is most likely nothing to do with your KPA itself.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

• I think the frustration is showing up on this thread more than anything else. I don't blame the buyers, they're entitled to get a working product.

But Kemper seems to be dealing with things in a manner that's to be commended and I applaud them for that.

Pretty sure, you will get a working Remote with your old or new Kemper Amp one way or the other, Ewolf5150.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask for numbers on the percentage of failures and things. How would that help solve the problem anyway?

I'm pretty sure Kemper Amps is looking into the issue and we will eventually be told the reasons for this debacle, just like we were told about the reason behind dying LEDs.

• At first I was so pissed off, but now I have calmed down a bit. I think it's because the initial excitement and new toy feeling has worn off. When you've been waiting for something for months, you have yet to see it in the flesh, and it arrives defective, you freak. Now I have had 2 remotes sitting in my home and I realize it's just a controller, I'm not infatuated with it anymore.

• Update: I received My brand new kemper power rack replacement amp today. Plugged in both remotes and still the same thing occurred. Black line running up and down the screen on both units.

• So i want to clarify - did you try downgrade FW on KPA to 2.7.4 then connect Remote?(please dont restore your backup after that)
    Maybe this will install older FW to the remote- and maybe reinitialize the remote flash and FW.
    If my thinking is right - maybe some part of flash(or nvram) of the remote was corrupted by your old KPA and now even with replacment it is not working.

• No, I re-initialized my remote, but never downgraded. The new kemper came with firmware 2.7 but I installed 3.02 on it and then tried. It was my understanding that 3.0 was made for the remote and you need at least 3.0 or higher for it to work. Regardless, I should not have to do any downgrading at all. It should just work. I never thought the problem was with the kemper itself, just the remote.

• No, I re-initialized my remote, but never downgraded. The new kemper came with firmware 2.7 but I installed 3.02 on it and then tried. It was my understanding that 3.0 was made for the remote and you need at least 3.0 or higher for it to work. Regardless, I should not have to do any downgrading at all. It should just work. I never thought the problem was with the kemper itself, just the remote.

I would try this - on your situation;)
    KPA - is sending firmware updates to the remote:) it's may be no KPA fault - just if it checks that the FW version is ok - never do the UPDATE.
    And the Fw on remote may be corrupted somehow.

• Sure, in Ewolf's shoes I'd be eager to try anything. But it's a confusing situation, and we're all just speculating on cause. Kemper should be able to outline the basic operations that are taking place when a Remote is connected to a KPA for the first time (and on subsequent attempts thereafter) and make some educated recommendations. They designed, built, and programmed the thing. Why is anyone still in this position of taking shots in the dark?

I've probably already said too much on the subject. It's just frustrating to watch as all of the important questions continue to be glossed over.

• If I get a 3rd defective remote I'm done. My kemper contact said he personally tested a remote on the new power rack he sent me and if my problem wasn't solved with the new power rack, he would ship me that remote.

• I really hope this gets sorted out for your sake & anyone else's, my remote is getting ready to be shipped, (it is in process , got email this morning) my fingers are crossed hoping I get a good one, good luck to all..

• Simply going on the "law of averages" it makes little to no sense that 2-3 brand new tested Remotes would be defective. Nor do I believe at this point that the Kemper units themselves are defective.

But a link or inter-action failure somehow between the Remote and the owner's Kemper unit does seem plausible.

I'm only guessing here without the benefit of any first hand experience, but I'd be first looking to ensure the latest firmware version being properly installed as recommended before anything else.
    i.e. Troubleshooting should begin with software and then progress to hardware as needed.

Happy Kemper

• Just a thought as I've been reading through this thread, all the talk of three bad remotes, on two different Kempers.... could it be the cable that is at fault here ?

Please don't take that the wrong way... just trying to help.

• Just a thought as I've been reading through this thread, all the talk of three bad remotes, on two different Kempers.... could it be the cable that is at fault here ?

Please don't take that the wrong way... just trying to help.

lol. Wow. That would be reminiscent of the scene in Slingblade where no one could fix the engine....."ain't got no gas in it."

• I received 2 brand new cables and tried both on 2 different kempers and 2 different remotes. Both kempers are on the latest 3.02 firmware. I reinitialized my original kemper with no luck and I'm currently waiting on a reply from kemper as to what to do next