michael britt

• Not using emoticons on a forum is one thing. But who here hasn't gotten into an email war with a sibling over reading between the lines, then on the phone or face-to-face, everything is alright?

We've a wacky crew here, you'll fit in fine, Roelof!

• Right on. Now THIS is how grownups act. Taking responsibility like this is what separates the men from the boys.

Welcome back!

• One thing i'm not sure of,
    If i profile a vox ac-30 and get the exact sonic representation of that amp,and sell the profile as vox ac-30, that's ok ?
    But if i buy an ac-30 profile, tweak it to my specs, then call it mine, it's not ok ?.
    I'm sure this must have been covered elsewhere, not trying to cause a shlt storm, just curious :/ (emoticon added) ^^

• @ Roelof: Welcome! I'm glad that everything turned out fine.
    @ rundoverdog: Yes, there is a long thread about this topic, but I can't remember where.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• I've never seen the old topic before, got me thinking. Except for the Kemper itself there really isn't anything original being created in profiles Anyone can do it by buying the same tools as the profile creator did. Offering a profile is almost as much a service as it is a product and that product uses nothing proprietary from the person creating the profile. Did you buy popcorn and add more salt then try to label it as your own? Not much different. Has anyone had any luck getting a patent on a Kemper profile? I'm sure it's been tried by now. I'll wait here for a yes..............

I'm all for commercial profiles, you folks do great stuff and work your tails off but are they really upset that others use their profiles to create new ones and then market them? Did Kemper (the guys who's machine you use to get anything done) say you couldn't sell their profiles? Seems a bit of a double standard.