Essential Profiles for a New Guy

• My Power Rack finally showed up yesterday! (The wait wasn't all that long, I was just excited and impatient haha)

So I'm going to take it out tomorrow night and gig it doing an Eagles tribute. Haven't had much time to flip through profiles, so what I'd like is some forum input!

What are my essential profiles? Preferably mostly clean profiles for the gig tomorrow, as I will be using my pedal board to add gain to them. But hit me with the angry ones too. Don't have a preference as to free profiles or commercial profiles. I will buy a bunch soon anyway, so this will help me get started. If they are "mix-ready" profiles that would be ideal, because time to tweak is minimal at the moment.

Looking forward to getting started tone hunting!

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.

• Check out the free Morgan AC20 profile on the Rig Exchange, too. It's very flexible and can do clean to break up to crunch. At gig volume, I'd suggest using the EQ in the output section to tame the extreme lows and highs to taste globally, as most rigs come tweaked for recording use and can be a bit pokey at volume.

• Check out the free rig packs in the kemper downloads area. Andy (Amp Factory), Michael Wagener and others have some great free profiles. Just look for amps similar to ones you would use in real life. The Morgan ac20 on the rig exchange is a good starting point too.

• Thank you guys!

Sambrox, seen load of your posts. Always helpful advice, and no exception here.

Lonestargtr, way to not just send me directly to your site :). Classy move! But I've already been there and plan to do a little browsing over the next few hours. ;)

I've had a longer relationship with my Kemper than anyone I've ever dated. I'm not mad about it.

• I have found that profiles are always user subjective. IMO you find a commercial profiler that you connect with and you should be sorted. I'm a big fan of The Amp Factory, and I found that Andys ear and the way he profiles suits me exactly. Like what has been mentioned above there are some great free ones in the rig exchange from commercial sellers to get a taster of what they do, but just remember the paid ones are a whole lot better. So it would be worth trying these using rig manager and seeing what sounds good to you and what direction you wanna head.

• Djemass's mark ii profiles are very versatile as well. Also check out r.u.sirius's bogner shiva profiles. Edit: oh and tim owens HAWP sessions for the dirty shirley and hbe-100

I second all that, and would add a shout out to the Mk III profiles by Thumas. So many great free profiles, and so many Kemper contributors who have shared their excellent work to the community. Djemass, R.U Sirius, Thumas, are great exemplars of this community spirit...especially Tim Owens, whose HAWP sessions are friggin' legendary. I would say that my over-all rig/profile mix, currently, is almost exactly 50/50, between commercial profiles and free profiles. I have found amazing tones with commercial rig packs by TAF, TopJimi, MBritt, and Till Schneider. Equally, I have found just as amazing tones in free profiles made by Tim Ownes, Djemass, R.U. Sirius, Thumas, and a bunch of other talented and generous Kemperites. :thumbup: