mute on startup

• That only mutes it when tuner is selected AFTER boot up. It is not muted during startup…which makes no sense to me.
    I questioned this a year ago and was practically told to just deal with it.

I personally don't want to hear anything during boot up until the KPA has finished and I switch out of tuner mode. A bit like standby mode on a tube amp.

What's interesting is that once the KPA has finished booting. and I have Tuner mode selected, it goes into mute.
    Surely it would make more sense to stay muted right from power up until I switch from Tuner mode.

• We cannot reproduce any sound during startup. And since firmware 3.0.1 Profiler immediately mutes signal, if you start in Tuner Mode and "Mute Signal" is activated. So should somebody still have this issue under current firmware 3.0.2 Release, please open a support ticket, send a complete backup demonstrating the issue and let us know, which outputs you are using and what controllers are connected.

• As possible alternative would be to drive the signal with a Volume/Expression pedal.
    During start-up (Tuner or Otherwise), keep the pedal reclined. Output is suppressed until you're ready.

I know it's an extra piece of gear, but works for me.

Happy Kemper

• As possible alternative would be to drive the signal with a Volume/Expression pedal.
    During start-up (Tuner or Otherwise), keep the pedal reclined. Output is suppressed until you're ready.

I know it's an extra piece of gear, but works for me.

During start-up the controller pedal volume is always reset to maximum to avoid somebody experiencing no sound while potentially by accident no expression pedal is connected and available. Only an expression pedal directly connected to the Profiler is immediatly recognized at start-up.
    Expression pedals connected to Remote or via MIDI are not recognized before these are touched and send their first values. Such an expression pedal cannot be the reason for the signal being muted during startup.
    Unplug the pedal and check if this really makes any difference to signal muting during start-up.

• I am running the latest software 3.0.2 and have the mute while tuning option selected.

Process is to turn on KPA and leave chicken knob on tuner.

During bootup, i get output signal through SPDIF once the boot up progress bar reaches about 40%, and stays there until 100% bootup. Then the output is muted as expected.

I don't get any output during bootup from the analog outputs.

No controllers on during this test.

Is this as designed or should i open up a ticket?

thanks

sean

Edited once, last by Joptunes ().

• Same here for me and this is how it's designed I'm sure :)

• +1

>>>DanielRigler wrote:: Same for me, but IMO this should be changed into a complete mute during startup.

Although the clock should still be present during startup to sync external devices. (is this even possible)

• I think it might have been mentioned before, but it would be nice to have the option of mute OR a preselected rig available during power up as a "contingency rig" in case of a power-cut situation.
    ive not noticed any sound getting out during boot up, other than pops and bangs (which would be nice if these were muted) but then I only use the main or monitor outs, not the spdif.

• Currently S/PDIF OUT isn't muted completely until Profiler is up and running.All analog outputs are muted during startup. We might change this in one of our next firmware revisions and mute the S/PDIF Out as well until the user interface is up and running and for example volume can be controlled.

• Hi Burkhard.
    If you do that, is it possible to still send the SPDIF clock so that other devices are synched up by the time the KPA has finished booting?

Currently S/PDIF OUT isn't muted completely until Profiler is up and running.All analog outputs are muted during startup. We might change this in one of our next firmware revisions and mute the S/PDIF Out as well until the user interface is up and running and for example volume can be controlled.

• Hi Burkhard.
    If you do that, is it possible to still send the SPDIF clock so that other devices are synched up by the time the KPA has finished booting?

I don't see how they could send a clock signal before the processor has booted ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I don't see how they can't ;)
    Currently my devices synch to SPDIF clock before the unit has booted. If they didn't send clock, I wouldn't synch and I wouldn't hear anything.

>>>>>I don't see how they could send a clock signal before the processor has booted ...[/quote]

• It just seems logical to me that you would need a processor making decisions to be able to format and send a S/PDIF clock signal, which would require the system to have booted. Hey, but what do I know?

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer