4 Months since 3.0.2 Firmware released ...... arent we overdue for a new FW update with some new "goodies" ?

• Hmmmmm

4 Months since latest Firmware released ...... looking at the firmware release history on wikpa, this is one of, if not the longest break between firmware updates.

Any idea what's cooking ?

Its not like there aren't a bunch of things people have been asking for for a long while.....

I mean seriously ... the " other " unit is already on FW 19 .....that's like a whole 13 more ...... :):):)

Ben

• Dont care about the fw version...
    FW 3.x is running fine.
    Way more important for me would be the software on the PC/MAC... Some kind of Editor / Performance manager, a DAW Plugin, etc
    The kemper itself is doing good...

• I understand but how about - not in order of importance - just a few things that come to mind:-

- Delay Stomp
    - More than 1 Delay instance at a time
    - Spring Reverb
    - more/better EFX
    - quicker boot time
    - "unlocking" the Reverb EFX button so it can be used for any EFX
    - EFX Slot Chains
    - improving the profiling so that amps that produce pre amp distortion and power amp distortion can [actually ] be correctly profiled
    - user creatable "views"
    - renaming "views"
    - user creatable "folders"
    - clear/obvious delineation between studio, merged and direct profiles
    - a simple X/Y feature
    etc......

The above is a very quick-and-short-list off the top of my head.

Ben

• No pease..

Just downloaded 3.0.2..works fine.I am still learning.Still checking,still so many things to find out about thise fine machine and so little time.

Imho we dont need every few months "new fancy stuff".The KPA is a machine for musicians making music and no "i am the fanciest nerd around to show you how to tweak it to make you an espresso"-toolkit.I honestly believe that this update-frenzy does no good.One reason why many musicians who bought "the other one" are turning their back on it and go for the KPA.Simply because it is still and most of all an amp/preamp and no freakin' computer.

• beniflin - what do you mean by EFX Slot Chains, exactly?

Best to explain with an example ..... say ....

=> go in to the EFX - hit a soft-button assigned to a command called, say, " chain " - then select say a WAH EFX then a COMP EFX then a CHORUS EFX then a DELAY ... then hit the " chain " button again so they are " linked " to each other ... then assign all the "chain linked" EFX - in this case 4 of them, to say, Slot A

Result = 1 x Slot turns on and off all 4 EFX's that you have chain-linked together all at once .....and all the other Slots are still free !!!

It removes the " 7 EFX + 1 Reverb EFX " limitation .... so subject only to the Kempers processing capacity .... you can run as many EFX in whatever combination [ chain link ] you want

Then you can also " save " your custom EFX Chain Links and " name " them as you wish, so you can then quickly insert them as/when needed in to whatever EFX Slot you want.

To be honest, I reckon its a no-brainer .... and I was surprised that the KPA didn't have this feature from Day 1 :)

Ben

• I am quite happy with 3.0.2 however
    I am also pretty certain that something is cooking. My guess: The evolution of Rig Manager ....

90% of the game is half-mental.

• Hmmmmm

Any idea what's cooking ?

I guess that the people who would know or have an idea would have to remain silent because of the NDA they have signed.

Which means that this is another thread of sole speculation or repetition of the feature request top 10. ;)

• I guess, you are one of those who signed an NDA and are keeping quite while knowing something ;)

Nothing I ever said implies this.
    I'm only referring to common practice here and my personal hope is not to get another thread full of speculation (we had one like this only a few weeks past).
    But if I don't succeed so be it. ;)

• Editor is most needed.
    Some new Options in Firmware would be great to.

But: before offering new options, the first thing should to erase bugs that came with the last update
    (Since last (?) update there is a problem with arranging Performances. So you have to select "Performance Autoload". This is a problem for me. Don't know if there are other bugs too.)

Please! The update policy was great before, but since 4 Months we are left alone....

• +++1 for this idea :thumbup:

• Some Bugfix would be great. For example FX Spillover do not work with the KFC :(

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection