Input /output level meters

• Hi. It would be nice if we could have an accurate software level display meter to show input levels for adjustment of ie clean sense, rather than just a green led that changes colour when to hot . Maybe even one after stack or fx . Basically just to make it easier to make patches more consistent. Many thanks

• They wouldn't need to be big . There's not much occupying the space on the clean sense window anyway .. Could just run along bottom od the display, or maybe up one side. Was just a thought it would be a nice feature to have

• Clean sense is better set using your ears. Check the tutorial :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Add me to the list of users who would like to have an input level meter.

I am using a Shure wireless unit which has an adjustable level and I would like to have an easy visual way to balance its level compared to a cable input.

This could just be an option in the Input section. I wouldn't need it to show all the time.

Thanks!

Alan

• Bump, I think this should at least be an optional feature. Just add a simple meter to the input and output menus so, for the people who like the visual feedback, it's there when needed. I understand Kemper want users to set the parameters by ear, but for direct recording purposes meters are your friend so you know your signal is clean. :thumbup:

• Hang on while I reach for my Kemper Team™ hat... channelling commencing:

A meter simply isn't necessary:

1) For the input, unless you're clipping, which is (a) extremely hard to achieve, (b) super-obvious to hear and (c) turns the input LED obviously-red, you're good to go.
    2) If the output clips you'll send lil' kids cryin' for their mamas it's so obvious, and the output LED will turn red; otherwise you'll be good to go.

The Kemper's internal processing is designed to maintain maximum dynamic range, so audio-engineering types and propellorheads alike can rejoice at being able to take a hiatus from their respective modus operandi. Remove the unnecessary hat, pop it in the wash and it'll be ready for use with all your other gear.

OP, to make patches "more consistent", use the Volume knob; that's what it's for. Don't worry about stomp and FX-slot levels; the dynamic range maintained within the processing blocks of the unit is huge and can handle pretty much anything you're likely to throw at it.