profiling analog pedals for the effects section

• I know it would be harder to analyze a digital pedal, but if we could profile our own analog pedals and load those "pedal" profiles in the pre or post effects buttons.Then, for example we could use a "profiled" EGO compressor, or profiled OCD and use in an effect slot along with any amp and cabinet combo we choose.

• Love this idea, but I think I remember I`ve read somewhere in this forum (long time ago) that this is still not possible...=( (but it was not possible to isolate cab from profile too, so please correct me...)

• Apart from modulations, reverbs etc profiling dynamic- and gain-related fx is currently possible. What is not possible is to use them in the fx slots, since this would require to basically run n virtual Profilers in cuncurrence and to rethink the whole architechtural structure.

Basically, it's not that you can't design and build a car capable of going underwater: it's that you'd not ask Maserati/Ferrari/Opel to have their traditional models do it.

:)

• What if it weren't "profiling", technically, but more like this:

1. Select one of the Kemper's existing pedals as a starting point.
    2. Kemper makes UFO noises.
    3. Kemper does some math, and JUST works out easy things like the EQ curve, level of compression, etc, which could then be baked into a pedal preset. It wouldn't replicate the pedal, but it would be closer than what the existing pedals can do.

• You can already profile gain-, dynamic- and eq-related external devices. The point is that you can't run the Profiler's engine to play them back as a separate thread from the already-running amp profile.
    IOW, you could use your Profiler just like a distortion pedal- (or a compressor-) only modeller, then drive an amp with it.
    OTOH, no issues in profiling a pedal along with an amp and use this as a single profile

:)

• That would be two different profiles running at the same time.
    I would really love to run to profiles in parallel or in a row.
    Another option would be a merging/blending tool.

Technically the Kemper should be able to do this task. In Performance Mode to loads all Slots parallel and switches between them in realtime (correct me if i'm wrong).