Bias Head

• Exactly Christophe. They should call it what it is - EQ matching.

To suggest it's anything else is IMHO false advertising, and as I've said on other occasions when this sort of thing has happened, I'd be tempted, if I were Christoph, to call them out on it legally.

• Exactly Christophe. They should call it what it is - EQ matching.

To suggest it's anything else is IMHO false advertising, and as I've said on other occasions when this sort of thing has happened, I'd be tempted, if I were Christoph, to call them out on it legally.

Agreed, MM. That is precisely what bugged me about the Positive Grid marketing material. Shameless, really. However, I guess another way of looking at, from Kemper's perspective...is the old adage; "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

• Agreed John, but somehow it's a poor consolation for the ongoing deception by stealth perpetrated by those who imply "ownership" of and justified use of the term, IMHO.

It appears to be a case of, "Let's see if we can nab some of that profiling-paradigm goodness for ourselves, free of charge, through the blatant, unjustified adoption of its most recognisable descriptive term, one which by rights should belong exclusively to the inventor/s thereof".

As I suggested, if I were the company or Christoph, I'd consider it little comfort. If a scumbag nabbed my Ferrari (no, I don't have one!), there'd be little solace to be found in telling myself that said low-life obviously admired my vehicular taste, and that I therefore should feel proud that he / she was suitably impressed.

There's nothing we can do obviously, but it's nice to have a whinge on the Gods of Kemper's behalf. At least, it is for me. We was robbed! :D

• The product will be launched tomorrow apparently. However, no FX included, or if included, no way to tweak them via the hardware ?

999 USD seems to be the price. Other question, is it also an audio interface or not ?

Another question, possibility to separate the amp part via the output and the Amp+cab part via the headphone ?

• I tried the BIAS software amp and it sounded horrible to my ears.After using the KPA for 5 months the, only thing that is missing in my humble opinion is more effects, like more parameters for the echo, pitch, etc. I still use my Axe Fx 2 for effects only and the KPA strictly for amps for live performances. The pedal simulation on the KPA is much better than the Axe Fx 2. After playing the KPA, there's no way I can go back to the Axe Fx 2 for amp simulation. The KPA gets a much better tone without doing a lot of tweaking. With the Axe Fx 2 I was spending more time re-adjusting parameters than playing my guitar. I do wish that the KPA would come with a full feature editor which would make it easier to make patches and more flexible.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80