ProfilesFREE JCM800, WEM BSTAR, SLO, TKING, FRIEDMAN

• Sounds fantastic, Raoul!

Wuddun, mate.

Mmmmm...

Ever since I saw Dennis' pic of that lemon Custom 22 he got, I've had a bit of a crush. I just this very day however blew 3 grand ordering a Guthrie Govan Charvel (anyone know why they suddenly shot £400 up in price?!?!?)... Doh!

'Cause Guthrie shifted allegiances from Suhr?

........ok, I am asking Andy now, is it ok Andy ? the only reason I asked is because they were free to start with , if it's not ok , I am good with that also & thanks anyway, roger

You're a good sport, Roger.

Wuddun, mate.

• ........ok, I am asking Andy now, is it ok Andy ? the only reason I asked is because they were free to start with , if it's not ok , I am good with that also & thanks anyway, roger

Roger, no problem, just send me a email (or use my contact page at the webstite) and will get it sorted for you.[/
    quote]................Andy, email sent , thank you very much, roger

• Awsome, thanks guys! - @aehaem the full commercial ones will be a little more polished, volume all correct throughout, and also some tweaked ones to go along side the RAW ones I will do. (by popular request this is now back again, that Im happy to do) - with these tests, I did not try to hit the best tones possible, it was just a Mic & position test to see if the new methods/equipment will hold up across several different amps. so yeah.. lots of work to do!. and looking at the thread, the tests were very positive. so onwards & upwards.. right :)

• Ok, got sometime with the profiles yesterday and I must say they are great overall. I have bought a lot of Andys profiles before and I must say that these feels a bit rawer (in a good way).
    And on the whole it feels like Andy have stepped up a notch in his profiling technique, I had to less tweaking to get most of these profiles sounding great (to my ears).
    Both the 800 and the DS sounded great, I didn't really recognise the Soldano sound in most of it's profiles but some had that creamy, smooth singing lead tone.
    The WEM and the TK offered a slightly different palette of sounds and I have to investigate them a bit more. The Cornford were the least impressive to me I must say, no matter how I tweaked I never got excited by the result... IMHO.

Thanks Andy for these great profiles, I bet a few of them will find their way into my favourites folder.

• LOL! I just saw 'Corn' in the name and my brain just made the Cornford association, although in RM the full name is there in plain sight... 8|

Now I see why it were no corn flawor in these rigs... :P

I noticed that even on the higher gain rigs the amp definitions were unusually low, I'm used to have to dampen it a bit, but here I often had to increase it instead...
    Is it due to new profiling methods?

• I went further with the WEM and felt in love with the pushST brridge one , what a fantastic growl on my single coil guitars ....

It fits my style very well just like the best AC30 out there : chimey, growly, open and fat at the same time :)

• well, Ive been digging up on this amp, as it was the one that was/is on the UmmaGumma album. - and talking with Phil Taylor he said it was modded a bit. - all I know so far is that he liked (DG) like the sound of the WEM Front end of a ER100 but did not like the fact it was not tube based. (SS) - so he took the caps from that (Input transformers) and replaced it on this Mk3 Dom. this in turn made the tone a bit more aggressive and more touch sensitive at the same time. - so interesting!

Nowadays of course.. we would just say, hell lets fire up a new amp.. back then, there was not the choice we had today!. so they had to either make do.. or mod!. but then on the other-hand, if he DID not do what he did, then he wont be what he is today!. - Although today he uses LazyJ amps with Tayden ACE speakers (1x12 combo) and still sounds like DG!

• Thx Andy , great story ! I have not yet tried the other DG hiwatt you have , but you were wise to get your hands on these amps mate :)

I've got a strange 70's GEM amp at home with a solid state preamp and tube poweramp, I know also some music man amps that have been similarly built and were preferred by jazzmen.

Anyway, KPA allow us to get this tones back and we're now sure that they won't disappear in history.

• Yup, Ive always said this all along. - the Kemper is like a Library of old documented famous amps.. - but with added bonus of being able to play those said historic amps. - amazing really!.

im not afraid to turn the Kemper on.. however im TERRIFIED every-time I switch an old amp on for example My Vox AC30.. its not as nice feeling!

Kemper cures more than great amp tomes : )