Any amp builders/tinkerers have profiles for their homemade amps?

• Hello Kemper World, I'm brand new to the KPA and the forum. I apologize if I've posted this thread in the wrong place.

I bought the Kemper because I build (and attempt to build) unique amps and cabs at home and have already started profiling some of them. I was wondering if there are any other tinkerers or amp designers here who want to share their profiled rigs. I love all the franken-amps out there and the Kemper seems like an amazing way to share and show off your discoveries. If you have any handmade or unique mods please let me know! I searched for related topics but didn't see any. If you know of a related thread, can you direct me to it?

I'll post some of my science project amp profiles shortly. None of them are clones, most are stupid and inefficient but I love them all. I have a 6xEL84 and a 6x6V6, as well as many many single ended designs or preamps with odd and rare tube findings. For future builds and profiles, let me know if you have any inspiration or irrational requests. I'm always up for a challenge...

Thanks!

• Hello, I've lots of interest for all tube experiments & projects, I always like these kind of works , I' will sure try the profiles :)

I also plan to profile my tube preamps with some odd and very vintage tubes from a very good friend that kept collecting them since the 80's , including ultra rare and expensive ones (gold platted NOS ecc83 ...)

I really appreciate the Kemper as a conservative tool for storing rare tones , I've got a 70's tube head with stock telefunken tube that sound marvelous , I tried once some new tubes in it, what a major disappointment ... I put the old ones back almost instantly and profiled it.

be sure to see Oraakeli's site with some fantastic vintage amps , a really cool collection, all for free :

Old and Forgotten amp profiles and Forgotten amp profiles

• I also plan to profile my tube preamps with some odd and very vintage tubes from a very good friend that kept…[/quote]

I really appreciate the Kemper as a conservative tool for storing rare tones , I've got a 70's tube head with stock telefunken tube that sound marvelous , I tried once some new tubes in it, what a major disappointment ... I put the old ones back almost instantly and profiled it.

Yeah new tubes is just one way to really change the way an amp behaves. I've found that even just replacing the filter caps can mess things up. That also doesn't seem to be a problem, since the Kemper deals so nicely with the hum I get from old capacitors.

I've never built an amp that wasn't at least partially made from spare parts. I'll be happy to share the profiles, but no guarantee they will be anyone's cup of tea. Most are really noisy and gnarly (disclaimer: I'm an electrical engineering dropout)