Show your latest guitar

• My custom TSmith guitar. Insane thick quilt maple top, mahogany back sandwiching rosewood. Jet black ebony board, jumbo frets rosewood and purpleheart neck. Hipshot hardware, Duncan Nazgul and Sentient pickups. Would really like to swap out the pickups I think but the bridge cavity only fits the F style Duncan baseplates and the black poles look great on the guitar. Lucked out getting it used for well over half of new and even luckier that his son passed on it because it's a 6 string and Tom Smith Jr. only uses 7 and 8 string guitars made by his luthier dad in his band The Acacia Strain. Bought online from a guy in the Northwest and brought this beast back to New Jersey where it was born and now tries to play nicely with it's adopted Gibson, Fender, Washburn, ESP and Ibanez brethren.

• Wow killer quilt. I really like the brown finishes on quilt tops. How heavy is this magnificent beast?

Jeez, I'd have to break out the scale to get an exact weight but I will say it is the heaviest SOUNDING guitar I own (of 12) and by far the LIGHTEST one I own. It's perfectly balanced and to me as light as a feather because it's handmade with a lot of smooth curves for weight relief. Tom Smith Sr. doesn't make many guitars a year, but the ones he makes I swear rival any PRS or custom axe I've played or felt. As someone that worked at Sam Ash for a decade as guitar department manager....trust me....I've played more guitars than most people will ever see in a lifetime. Check him out on Instagram as Tsmithguitars . Ridiculous eye candy, taking custom orders and does payments and no....I'm not TSmith haha. No affiliation, but he's a cool guy that makes killer axes.

• Oh and I forgot to mention....this thing has impossibly low action. Effortless to play and you could sneeze out a chord without buzz. A shredder's delight and better than any of the ESP customs I owned including several 90's MIJ Custom Mirages and M-II's that I loved and thought were supremely playable. This one beats everything I've ever touched. It's truly otherworldy

• Yay! A pissing contest.

The lowest action I ever felt was, believe it or not, on a "nameless" acoustic that had a fret as the nut.

I'll never forget it; it was what I'd always wanted a guitar to feel like, and in that 20 seconds of playing I realised that if I had that sort of action, I'd actually be able to translate what was in my head into the real world.

Alas, haven't come anywhere-near close in my quest. Guitars still feel like foreign objects in my hands.

• My custom TSmith guitar. Insane thick quilt maple top, mahogany back sandwiching rosewood. Jet black ebony board, jumbo frets rosewood and purpleheart neck. Hipshot hardware, Duncan Nazgul and Sentient pickups. Would really like to swap out the pickups I think but the bridge cavity only fits the F style Duncan baseplates and the black poles look great on the guitar. Lucked out getting it used for well over half of new and even luckier that his son passed on it because it's a 6 string and Tom Smith Jr. only uses 7 and 8 string guitars made by his luthier dad in his band The Acacia Strain. Bought online from a guy in the Northwest and brought this beast back to New Jersey where it was born and now tries to play nicely with it's adopted Gibson, Fender, Washburn, ESP and Ibanez brethren.

This one really reminds me my new guitar (except for your killer top) that i just received yesterday

Mine is a Peruzzo JFB

has Seymour Duncan's Blackouts pickups

ebony scale and it is gorgeous, very cool of playing, very modern neck,

The lowest action I ever felt was, believe it or not, on a "nameless" acoustic that had a fret as the nut.

i have other guitars and a couple with a low string action this one is very low too but in the others strings are almost glued to the neck and has no buzz at all, the lowest guitar i have has indeed a Fret as Nut...

i think the secret for this low action is in fact to sand the neck and the frets too... your frets will have a short life time... but it is insane fast to play with then... i will show you next time...

enjoy the pictures and BTW peruzzo has a web site:

http://peruzzoguitars.com.br/guitarras and if he export his work *(six month to produce one of this) the price would be very attractive to foreing countries...

here is another work of him that i am trying to make a headless copy using a novaheadless bridge that is also a headless bridge produced and manufactured here at Brazil with a full quality alloy steel:

Edited 4 times, last by szykman ().

Wow... sexy beast!!!

• @Big Daddy B

Love the spalting. It’s a little more subtle than on one I have that was made by Bailey guitars....

Thanks. I like yours as well. I don't see too many like yours with such extreme spalting. I have to say I have never heard of Bailey guitars. Or I probably have but don't remember. Will have to look those and TSmith up. I have had a number of Tom Andersons over the years which were all very lovely as well.

• i have other guitars and a couple with a low string action this one is very low too but in the others strings are almost glued to the neck and has no buzz at all, the lowest guitar i have has indeed a Fret as Nut...

Yep. When I've mentioned this elsewhere on the web folks have responded with the same sort of story, Claudio.

That secret nut sauce sure has a potent effect.

• Thats how I set up my guitars

I'm obsessed about the nut being so low the strings almost touches the 1st fret

For me thats more of a concern than the action at 12th fret

Doesn't matter how low the 12th fret is, if the nut action is higher than "almost touching" I'm not gonna enjoy the guitar to it's fullest

Of course this has led me to sometimes overdo my nut filing and get a buzz and have to either replace the nut or do the "superglue and bicarbonate" trick to raise it. :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome, man.

It's the only explanation (the nut being the 0 fret) I had as to why that acoustic played so-ridiculously-well.

What you and Paul are saying gives me hope that there's still some wiggle room left for me to explore in my long quest for ultra playability.