True Tube Tone?

• Without adding, buying, installing or any other method other than using the Kemper is there any way to get more pouch out of it. Similar to a true tube amp. My Kemper sounds great, just wondering how to get that much more out of her…that punch you in the chest feel of a real tube amp.

mojo
    :D

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• That punch you are looking for comes from output wattage into a good guitar cabinet. If your power amp or head can not produce this then either the power of the amp is not enough for you, or you have the Kemper's volume/Master volume set too low. Remember however that good tone does not always have to be loud and punchy to be good.... Being older usually promotes this mindset Ive noticed... ;)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Thank all for the feedback. I have a powerhead from Kemper, I think it is some of the profiles that I have. I am doing some purging now, liquidating if you will the ones I don't feel carry the charaistics that I want. I am playing some small to medium clubs so I am pushing the Kemper but I am finding out that some of my sounds are thin and lifeless, so those are being discarded and as the say on T.V. stat!!!

I have checked the master volume, amp volume, and everything thing else and on some of the profiles they are screaming hello, here I am ready to knock you on your ass and then others are like candy ass chumps. I will check out those other profiles, I am not a metal guy I just want a profile that is a genuine profile and not some half ass knock off, I don't mind paying for quality. So any advice on where to go to t=get them let me know. I will check out the ones that already post above for sure.

:thumbup: "A single note can be short lived but a melody will last a life time." Paul Muller

• @mojorising

May I ask you, which kind of profiles are you using? Mostly clean, or crunch or high gain? Or all of them?

I also play directly into a guitar cab, and what helped me a lot, was to change the eq-parameters in the monitor output section.

Also, in case you are talking about high gain, I found the ENGL Steve Morse 6 profile by Troy Ellis in the rig exchange. This profile is the only one I discovered until now, which has this punch and depth I was looking for. Don't know, maybe this helps...

Cheers

• Another thing to keep in mind is that sounds you make at room level won't sound good at band level and in the mix. If you feel they are thin, you should exaggerate with the low-mids when preparing them at home\studio, or better tweak them in the context they will be used and at volume.
    Also, become friend with the Definition and Clarity, they can make wonders!
    HTH :)

• I can make friends with definition and clarity…I hear their cool and like to play well with others :thumbup:

I will also check the eq parameters in the output monitor section. I am basically three different types of profiles, clean mid gain and high gain a variety of all kinds. I play all styles of music but I am getting closer to the sound. I will keep you posted of changing events.

• Profile your own tube amps, ideally with a DI from an attenuator or the like so you can get exactly their sound when played back through you cab. Nothing else is going to convince you that the Kemper is the real deal.

• I am actually starting to get the tone with adjustments to definition, clarity, pick, etc. also remove fx's and cleaning up the signal combined with lower the profile volume and increase the master volume. Thanks for all the help so far…we are getting there.