Dear God - I hope it gets better than this!

• I'm don't want to sound like a jerk when saying this, but not everyone uses a forum the same way, or even the same purpose. FYI, I did try using the search function on this site, but IMO, it's often more annoying than helpful because it either brings up nothing if the search criteria is too specific, or WAY too much irrelevant info, with many duplicate threads shown, if the search criteria isn't detailed enough. And in some cases, due to the evolution of the KPA through firmware releases and people just learning more about it, some of those existing responses aren't even the most accurate responses anymore. So for people like me, who have a limited time to actually test the KPA out and make a decision as to whether or not to keep it, starting a thread to get a relevant response makes sense rather than searching through countless, and sometimes no longer relevant threads.

I've had my KPA less than a week. But even though I've read both manuals (twice, now), I can guarantee you that I'm going to have more questions, and in all likelihood, they're "newb-ish" questions that have already been asked at some point on this forum. But if a thread doesn't interest you, nobody is forcing you to open it, read it or comment in it. I'm sure you probably had some very similar questions when you first got yours. And while you may have found your answers in a different way, that doesn't necessarily work for everyone (hence, the point of an open forum). And a thread does prove to be pointless or redundant, it'll quickly fade off the main page of the forum. So this really shouldn't be much of an issue unless someone is spamming the boards, which is obviously not the case here. But the fact that this thread has over 3,300 views shows that enough people were interested enough in it to warrant it being on the forum, whether it be to provide answers, or because they may have had some of the same questions.

This forum has proven to be without a doubt the most helpful resource I've found when it comes to the Kemper. The people on here are awesome. So as long as I'm able to get answers from it, I'm going to continue using it in whatever way is most useful to me. Eventually, I'll have enough experience with the KPA to be on the other side and helping other newbs out.

No problem :) people are generally glad to help, and the tone here is (most of the time) very decent :)

Also: As I have said before, kudos for taking the time to read the manuals :)

• Glad it worked out, and fair enough. Yes we are all here to help... Quite honestly I wasn't worried about you getting help, I had no doubts many on this forum would help out. Quite honestly I wasn't even being that serious in my first post due to the fact I knew you would get help. It just so happens that 6 pages later my post was quoted, so I responded. It's hard to decifer ones tone on a forum though so I understand...

• OhG I'm a newby too and I've been glued to this thread to see how it worked out for you. Keep posting please. I have to be away from my stuff for maybe three or four more weeks. I didn't have the best of first dates with mine so I'm learning what to expect and some cures from threads like these.

• Glad it worked out, and fair enough. Yes we are all here to help... Quite honestly I wasn't worried about you getting help, I had no doubts many on this forum would help out. Quite honestly I wasn't even being that serious in my first post due to the fact I knew you would get help. It just so happens that 6 pages later my post was quoted, so I responded. It's hard to decifer ones tone on a forum though so I understand...

I was just about to post the exact same comment about it being hard to determine a person's tone through messages. So please don't take anything I wrote as me having an attitude (because it could read that way). I just meant people learn differently, and I'm definitely one to interact with people. I like the conversation piece and picking people's brains. (c: Hopefully other people will find useful info in this thread too. It helped me immensely and will likely be the reason I decide to keep my Kemper.

• But the fact that this thread has over 3,300 views shows that enough people were interested enough in it to warrant it being on the forum, whether it be to provide answers, or because they may have had some of the same questions.

Or maybe it was the click-bait title? Right or wrong, my impression from the get go reading your various posts is you want other folks to do the hard work for you so when you finally decide the Kemper isn't right for you, you can blame it on them.

• Or maybe it was the click-bait title? Right or wrong, my impression from the get go reading your various posts is you want other folks to do the hard work for you so when you finally decide the Kemper isn't right for you, you can blame it on them.

Could you be a little more presumptuous? Asking people for advice on something they have FAR more experience than I do is not asking them to do hard work. And the title wasn't intended to be "click bait." It was honestly what I was thinking at the time. Maybe I have a misinterpretation of what the intent behind a forum is supposed to be. I thought it was to help others out. But obviously I'm wrong. Now that I realize that every title and word of every thread will be completely over-analyzed on this forum, I'll be sure to choose them more carefully going forward. I'll try to fit in better by not asking questions, but rather posting pictures of my Kemper rig, various Kemper sitings, etc.

Wait, how did I get on the Fractal forum?

• I have to agree that the title seemed like "Oh, no. One of those threads again" to me too at first, until I read the OP. Then it was clear that you didn't intend to create drama, but were genuinely asking for help. Please don't get discouraged cause these forums are waaay more civilized than the Fractal forums.

Take care!

• Could you be a little more presumptuous?

Yes, actually. Could you be more melodramatic and needy? I'll leave it like this: If you are still here and a proud owner of the Kemper I will happily offer my most sincere apologies for publicly stating my impressions of your posts and intent.

• I'll leave it with this. There are obviously some people here with a "holier than thou" attitude. If anyone has read my threads, it should be obvious that I'm looking for help because I want the Kemper to sound as good as I can get it to sound. Earlier in the week, I've also edited my very first post in this thread to say that the unit sounds SO much better now. And I've also stated that my first impression was wrong about it in other threads. So to claim this:

"Right or wrong, my impression from the get go reading your various posts is you want other folks to do the hard work for you so when you finally decide the Kemper isn't right for you, you can blame it on them."

That's flat out idiotic and about as presumptuous as someone can get, I don't care how much experience you have with the Kemper. If I turn out to be unhappy with the Kemper, it wouldn't be the Kemper's fault, and certainly wouldn't be the fault of those who tried to help me. If I don't end up being happy with the Kemper, it'll be because of my personal preferences, not because I was looking to blame it on someone else.

I'm here on the forums every day because I'm trying to learn as much as I can about this thing in a very short period of time. In regards to info that has already been answered in other threads, take a look at the subject lines of the threads on the first two pages of this forum. If you counted up how many of those subjects have already been answered in other threads, or in the manuals, it's over HALF of the threads. So it's not as if I've done something out of the ordinary with this thread.

I've come here to get as much input as I can on the KPA from other users. That's one of the primary purposes of a user forum. 99% of the people on here have been very helpful. But for the other 1%, if you feel the best use of the forum is to try to rip apart the new users and act as if you know anything about them because of the way they're trying to get information about the KPA, then that says a lot more about your own personality issues than mine.

Thanks!

• @OhG, I'm glad you're finding the Kemper better with the DXRs. But I wouldn't dismiss a good set of headphones with them either, especially with headphone space, sounds absolutely pristine and you can fine tune things like delay and other FX. PS: I think there were some recommended settings that DXR users had for the controls on the back, do read up on them.

flyingheelhook: I'll admit that I came to this thread expecting a troll or disgruntled user. But after reading through the entire thread, I got to say that the man is genuinely puzzled about his experience after trying the Kemper with sub-par headphones. Half the fun of forums like this is helping other users out, you shouldn't get put off by it!

Let's not make this another 22 page thread, guys, looks like problem solved!

• @OhG, I'm glad you're finding the Kemper better with the DXRs. But I wouldn't dismiss a good set of headphones with them either, especially with headphone space, sounds absolutely pristine and you can fine tune things like delay and other FX.

No, I should have clarified what I meant better. I'm sure the headphones can sound great. What you said about the headphone space feature is 100% true. It made my headphones sound a lot better as well. What I meant was that the particular headphones that I own (Bose QC15) are not great with the Kemper (IMO). That's not an insult to the Kemper, but more toward the Bose. I think the Bose are great for noise cancelation (which is the primary reason I bought them), but they're not the best in terms of audio. Regardless, they certainly do sound better now after tweaks have been made. And the Kemper sounds great through the Yamaha DXR10. And finding the right profiles as others have mentioned is key. I've spent a decent amount of time with about 30 medium to high gain commercial profiles so far and have only liked 2 of them. But, those 2 sound great and have shown me that the Kemper can in fact sound great if the time is put into it. So that makes it worth it to me.

• I don't care what anyone says, the Kemper has so much versatility that it CAN sound duff out of the box if not set right. Personally I've got it to sound OK through headphones but not great, but then I've not looked at all the settings...

One thing I will say, the Kemper is sensitive to good headphones and speaker cabs...don't know why but I've never noticed such a difference between cabs for example...

It took me months to get an in the room sound I liked. I've not gone FRFR and stayed conventional but I love it now. I was a die in the wool tube guy but Kemper has changed my approach.

Anyway, glad it's sorted. Most people on here are very helpful and not here to judge - I've been helped immensely and think this is one of the best forums I've been on.

• Those headphones are an utter joke with no midrange, huge V scoop, too much bass. No wonder you can't get anything to sound good, that part of the spectrum is totally missing from the headphones.

Sorry, gonna have to get something different to try. Studio monitors are the best bet.

• There are some profiles out there (including some that are factory installed) that make me think Helen Keller created them.

Those Keller profiles are Killer, mate.

Down here in Jungleville I use her DeafTones Series™ packs for free old-age-home gigs. If they're not gonna pay, neither am I.

Then there's busking. I'm not gonna waste Bert or Guido on a bunch of tone-deaf baboons... again, for free.

The DeafTones Series™ packs are just the ticker for the aged, and just the ticket when you know the audience isn't going to appreciate your prodigious talent. :D

Anyway, it's back to the organ grinder for me; I've gotta get some practice in...