customer support issues -SOLVED

• Hello all,

I received a brand new Kemper on thursday morning. Switched it on and got the time date hardware error, please contact support. I updated to the latest firmware but still the same.

Came here and saw one other user had the same issue and had to return the unit.

I rang the dealer and he said they were out but he'd contact Kemper direct and was sure we could sort it out quickly.

He's made constant attempts to get in touch with KEMPER and now after 2 days.....NOTHING......

I'm an endorsed pro user (Line 6, TC electronic) so this isn't a great start for me as my first introduction to the company.

Any one got any help as to how to solve this issue ?

MC

• Do you have more information?
    When at booting does the error occurs?
    What is the error number?
    Is everything but the Powercable disconnected?
    Perhaps the battery is empty. Try to run the Kemper a whole night to load up the battery.
    Then turn it off, and make a factory reset while booting...

• Probably the internal battery is felt out or loose contact during the transport. Please contact support from the main site.
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

Or you can try factory reset
    Turn KPA to Tuner while holding Soft1 key (the left most under the screen) .

Then hit Recovery and InitFactory Content then accept with Yes.

• I'm an endorsed pro user (Line 6, TC electronic) so this isn't a great start for me as my first introduction to the company.

MC

I've never had to contact Kemper Support yet (knock on wood) but it's impossible for them to be any worse than TC Electronic in that departement. Love TC's products but their customer support blows.

• I rang the dealer and he said they were out but he'd contact Kemper direct and was sure we could sort it out quickly.
    He's made constant attempts to get in touch with KEMPER and now after 2 days.....NOTHING......

What constant attempts would that be?
    Like others said before best is to open a support ticket yourself which will often be solved within 24 hours.

And welcome.

• Thanks, guys.

I'll try your suggestions of leaving it plugged in and or re-setting.

The dealer, a very large UK chain, said they would sort it out for me quickly hence I didn't open a support ticket. I'm flying to Spain in the morning for a gig so won't be able to look at anything until Monday.

Should I open a ticket anyway?

What I meant by being a TC, Line 6 endorsed artist was, quite simply, I'm an endorsee of their products so I normally don't have to go through the usual channels if there's a problem as I will have a direct connection with an Artist relations manager so things generally are quick and get sorted directly. It's one of the percs of being a pro player with famous artists :D.

Thanks again guys, looks like the forum is a cool place so that's good to know :D

MC

• Hey, just FYI, if you tried using the form on their Contact page, it DOES NOT work (for me anyway). Every time I try it, I get an email back right away saying the inbox is full and not receiving messages (on Kemper's end). I have told them about this several times but it still happens to me every time so it doesn't appear to be fixed.

Instead, if you email them directly at: [email protected] they usually get back pretty fast depending on workload. They will open a ticket for you that way. I've had to contact them 3-4 times since I got the unit several years ago and it's always been reasonably fast (within 8-48 hours on weekdays--they are on Deutschland time and I'm in the US) and they are very quick and direct to deal with once you talk to them. I would rate them an A+ from my dealings.

But I do hope they fix the form soon--I think first time customers, if they have the same issue I do, will feel pretty lousy after they can't get through using the form.

J

• Another complaint of kemper service issues ( in title anyway ) when it's an issue of the place the unit was bought. 'dreadful customer support' makes it sound like kemper are bad when they've not been contacted directly. Please change the title.

I hope it gets sorted soon and you love the Kemper . Welcome!

• To be fair, the company I bought it form have been great, they replied instantly when I contacted them and said they'd get straight on the phone to Kemper. They've email me 4 times since Thursday Lunchtime to tell me Kemper haven't got back to them.

Unless they're lying I don't see how the thread title is unfair from where I'm standing :D

Thanks for the welcome's guys if nothing else it's brought me to the community so I'm sure it will be a good thing in the long run :D

MC

• Another +1 for Kemper support. Before I even purchased my lightly used unit, a dude named Hans-Jörg Scheffler from Kemper was cool enough to go back and forth with me on 7 emails to run the serial number and let me know that Kemper stands by their warranty across different owners without any probs whatsoever.

His responses were quick, he was courteous, and professional. It's one of the things which sealed the purchase for me over the new AX8 I was considering at the same moment in time.

• i've had a similar problem right after unboxing my rack... took me one phone call, no hold time, perfect service. so i really would call kemper myself, they even offered to call my dealer to clarify the details. unfortunately the new rack couldn't be sent right to me but had to make a detour to the dealer... maybe as kemper grows it's getting harder to call them. but i would definately give it a try

• Thanks so are you saying it wasn't something that could have been sorted out remotely and it needed a replacement?

I was hoping to avoid that :D

EDIT.... I've just looked for the phone number and can see now there is NO SUPPORT after Thursdays........ that would explain why....

They'd be better off working Friday and Saturday when people might actually need some help as they'd the most popular gig nights and closing Monday Tuesday.

So including Thursday when they didn't answer the phone I'm now going to have to wait until Monday before they can even try and sort this out. If I need a new unit then it's going to be at least a week if they won't send direct to me and have to sent it to the dealer first then on to me :(......

I'm starting a 5 week tour next week so I'm F***ed now as I won't be able to get things set up as I'm going to loose a week with this.

MC

• I find the title of your thread a little misleading, because you're not complaining about KPA support, but about the support of a large UK chain. In 99.9 % of cases like this, it's the dealer's fault and not that of KPA support. And "dreadful" is a hard term.

• Well as I said earlier the dealer couldn't get a reply form Kemper on Thursday and as Kemper don't do any support on Friday or Saturday I'm stuffed, so , I agree my choice of worlds is strong but I'm as you can see it's going to be a week before this gets sorted between the dealer and Kemper so that's not good for me. My original post was in answer to a UK main dealer not being able to get in contact with Kemper to sort this out, so I came here hopefully looking for a simple answer to what I think could be as simple as the CMOS battery being loose. However I didn't want to take it apart if that would void my warranty.

Hopefully you can see my frustration.

MC