Remote performance change buttons

• It's a simple problem but with big influence for me.
    The arrangement of the buttons at the remote to change the performances are arranged wrong for me.
    I would expect with an up arrow I reach a lower performance and with the down arrow a higher performance number - as it would work with cursor buttons in a list.
    If you read a list mostly the lowest number is at the top.

I also would expect that a left button leads to the lower number and the right button to a higher number as, it is usual if you write down a series of Numbers. (Except you are arabian)
    From this pont of view the button works also wrong.

During a performance there are other things which has to be note - you have to decide quickly and the light is mostly not bright enough to see.

The percentage of my right decisions which button I push to change a performance is far away from 100%. Very disturbing while playing a GIG.
    I can not use Performance changes while playing a song.

My great wish is to make a choice in the system menu how the button will work. The Rig-Button at KPA I use more seldom and never at Performance - so this would not so important for me. But could also be in consideration.

I beg for a lot of "likes" for OP. :)

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• IIRC @ckemper said that the 'wrong behaviour' that you stated is similar to the behaviour when you scroll through lists in an Audi entertainment system or the Audi car computer menus.
    Audi does it the opposite to the rest of the world, which drives me nuts whenever I switch from my BMW to my wife's Audi.
    He also stated (if my memory serves me well) that Audi customers don't seem to complain because they seem to get used to it.
    But I find myself hitting the wrong button quite often as well, so you get a +1 from me.

• Many hundred millions of computer users are familiar with this kind of cursor control.
    I spent a lot of years with designing and programming of HMI's (Human machine interfaces)
    It is a typical weakness of many programmers that they are not so familiar with ergometric.
    Even Audi can make mistake :D

• I think the easiest way for anyone to internalise this discussion is to look at the analogy of the headphone and guitar input sockets on the Kemper. Completely backward, my mind just can't get over it still! :D

As with anything else though, just have to put in a little effort and you will be able to get your mind around this as well.

Hey Sharry, how about cutting out some numbers from paper and sticking them on the Remote, that should resolve the issue about the stomp buttons being in reverse. As for up being down and down being up, can't help you there I'm afraid. Just get used to it fast, I don't see Kemper Amps changing this behaviour.

• I hope so.
    I do not understand that all horizontal Button (even at KPA for the Rigs) has the directions of action: left to lower number and right to higher number.
    Only the Performance button at the Remote workes the other way around. Again, while darkness you hardly can read
    It's difficult and error-prone to speak to the audience and at the same time nedd to select a new performance for the next song.
    To change during a song it is to much risk.

The vertical Cursor Button at KPA maybe now its to late to change , because older user are now familiar with that.
    But the remote deserves an improvement.

The sooner the better.

• He dude - do you think that I am stupid with your foolish proposal or do you not understand the topic.

Well, it's a simple matter of programming your Kemper backwards, so that your higher performances are to the right. The numbers would help you keep track of which button is which.

FYI, the numbering on my midi pedal is also backward. But I can Programme the performance change numbers in either direction.

not such a foolish proposal, and you wouldn't be hitting the wrong buttons if that is what you wish to do before any change in behaviour is implemented.

This is the FR subforum though. So why not wish for a customizable scrolling and switching routine?
    CK is usually listening very much to concerns like these.

i overlooked that! Not my place to tell users what they wish for. He'd still need those paper cut out numbers so he wouldn't get confused!

• Having been a happy user of an fcb1010 for many years and countless gigs, I too am finding i have to think harder to adapt to the layout of the Kemper remote. I'm still not happy with the up down buttons locations and other bits (as I would have designed it differently) but I do find putting some coloured insulation tape around the "significant" buttons helps guide me quicker during live use.
    im sure it's only a matter of time before I adjust and become a "fluent user", a bit like anything new.

• Well, it's a simple matter of programming your Kemper backwards, so that your higher performances are to the right

This subforum is called "feature request."
    It's mainly a platform where we can transport wishes and requests to the Kemper staff.
    The normal way of user reaction is to like, to ignore it or to comment the request.

I have not the feeling that you have the intention to help. Even you do not treat the request itself.
    You hitchhiked the thread with unasked advices in case that the request will not realised.

You can be sure that I and the most here can work with the Kemper, when a request will not implemented.

If I have a problem I will ask in another subforum and competent hints or advises will be welcomed.

Back to topic.
    The performance numbers will always changed in the same (for me wrong) direction with these buttons.
    It makes no sense to change the order of performance titel.

The only advantage or your postings are, that the thread comes back on the top of requests again and can be seen for longer time on the first page.

Maybe for this this I should be thankful.