FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Is there a benefit to doing this ? IE like a clean install and wipe of the memory ?

You should not have to press the two <> arrow keys while booting up your profiler. Simply install the "kaos.bin" OS file onto the ROOT drive of your USB stick, plug it into a an already "up and running" profiler, wait a few seconds for the prompt to appear on the LCD screen, then follow the instructions. It is right in the KPA Reference Manual:

Pgs 149-150 of the latest Reference Manual 4.0:

• Not sure if its been covered (no time to scroll) but with the upgrade I need to unplug my guitar and plug it back into the Kemper before it will work... just turning the unit on like before won't do it. Not really a biggie, but lemme know if this hasn't been addressed and I will dig deeper and submit a support ticket.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Not sure if its been covered (no time to scroll) but with the upgrade I need to unplug my guitar and plug it back into the Kemper before it will work... just turning the unit on like before won't do it. Not really a biggie, but lemme know if this hasn't been addressed and I will dig deeper and submit a support ticke

I never considered this - will pay attention next time.

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Not sure if its been covered (no time to scroll) but with the upgrade I need to unplug my guitar and plug it back into the Kemper before it will work... just turning the unit on like before won't do it. Not really a biggie, but lemme know if this hasn't been addressed and I will dig deeper and submit a support ticket.

Yep, mine does this too. Submit a ticket dude.

Do you mean every time you turn the KPA on now, or only right after the upgrade? I don't have to do that when I turn it on. Although, I did have to change my input setting because I used to have the guitar input set to the "Alternate Input" in the back even though I was plugged into the front "Input" because the front always took priority and that way I could use either one as needed. But after the upgrade I had no sound plugged in at the front. I had to switch my input setting to the front connector. I guess the front connector doesn't override the setting anymore.

• Could you all check your Plus Distortion stomp? Mine behaves differently to what it did before. Considerably less gain than before.

Also: When I scroll through the available effects in the Delay position (the dedicated place where delays are supposed to go), I accidentally halted for a moment on an overdrive stomp. The overdriven sound was only to be heard on the left, not on the right. Can anybody varify that?

Thanks

• You should not have to press the two <> arrow keys while booting up your profiler. Simply install the "kaos.bin" OS file onto the ROOT drive of your USB stick, plug it into a an already "up and running" profiler, wait a few seconds for the prompt to appear on the LCD screen, then follow the instructions. It is right in the KPA Reference Manual:

Pgs 149-150 of the latest Reference Manual 4.0:

I think hes trying to downgrade his operating system , in which case just sticking the usb stick in while the kemper is running , does nothing! and doesnt prompt you because it has a newer operating system on the kemper than on the stick !

• I think hes trying to downgrade his operating system , in which case just sticking the usb stick in while the kemper is running , does nothing! and doesnt prompt you because it has a newer operating system on the kemper than on the stick !

Yes, but isn't the procedure, described in the Reference manual, exactly the same? I mean, doesn't the KPA recognize that the USB root directory contains an earlier firmware, and then prompts the user if they wish to proceed with rolling back? I don't understand the whole bit about holding down the "< >" buttons while booting up.

EDIT -- I just tested this. I installed an earlier version of the OS on the root directory of my USB drive, and plugged it into my already powered on KPA. I received a message on the display indicating the current installed OS version, and the OS version detected on my flash drive. The same message included a prompt (yes or no) asking if I wanted to proceed installing the earlier OS from my USB. I selected "no" and powered off.

Cheers,
    John

Has never happened to me. Good luck with that!

Gary ô¿ô

• Finally took 4.0.1 to rehearsal yesterday. I noticed a couple of small issues but nothing that hasn't been mentioned yet, I think:

• My expression pedals (connected to the Remote) didn't work right away. I re-callibrated them and re-assigned their function and all was fine.
    • The strobe tuner didn't appear on my Remote. The screen stayed black, even with guitar input.
    • Going from a morphed state of one performance slot directly to another slot didn't work, as has been mentioned many times -- the led for the target slot lit up, but the sound was still that of the previous slot. My solution for now will be to set the Fall Time of the first slot to zero and quickly "unmorph" it before switching to the new slot (easy to do with midi automation).

I don't suppose it would be very useful to open support tickets for these known problems as I probably don't have any info to add to the existing reports.

I was using both midi and the Remote with no crashes.

• I think hes trying to downgrade his operating system , in which case just sticking the usb stick in while the kemper is running , does nothing! and doesnt prompt you because it has a newer operating system on the kemper than on the stick !

[quote='Tritium','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/28025-FW-4-0-beta-experiences-thread/?postID=299443#post299443']Yes, but isn't the procedure, described in the Reference manual, exactly the same? I mean, doesn't the KPA recognize that the USB root directory contains an earlier firmware, and then prompts the user if they wish to proceed with rolling back? I don't understand the whole bit about holding down the "< >" buttons while booting up.

EDIT -- I just tested this. I installed an earlier version of the OS on the root directory of my USB drive, and plugged it into my already powered on KPA. I received a message on the display indicating the current installed OS version, and the OS version detected on my flash drive. The same message included a prompt (yes or no) asking if I wanted to proceed installing the earlier OS from my USB. I selected "no" and powered off.

Ive successfuly downgraded and reupgraded a few times already using the normal method just fine. What Ive noticed is, if you have many things on the usb or boot up with it in already it will not work unless removed then reinstalled in order to get the prompt. What I was asking is, Is there any benefit or difference in using the other method mentioned by pressing <> buttons ? NOT if I had to do this method. Ive never done this.. I dont know what it does..

• What I was asking is, Is there any benefit or difference in using the other method mentioned by pressing <> buttons ? NOT if I had to do this method. Ive never done this.. I dont know what it does..

I hear you, tntent. I don't have any clue what it does, either.

EDIT -- Woops, after a bit of digging...I actually found it. This method does not appear in the actual KPA Reference Manual. It appears to be more of a "troubleshooting" technique, and it is described on the wiKPA page entitled "System Management" (link below):

http://www.wikpa.org/System_Management#Updating_FW

Booting the Profiler with a Previous FW Version

You may want to temporarily bring the Profiler to a previous FW version. For example for comparing purposes, or because – under certain conditions – this may help upgrading to a new FW version

Copy the unzipped firmware file kaos.bin into the root folder of the USB stick (NOTE: there must be no other copy of the kaos.bin file elsewhere on the stick);
    plug it in the Profiler while OFF;
    boot the unit keeping < > pressed. It will load the FW from the USB.
    NOTE: this doesn’t install the FW version the Profiler booted from, so next boot will take place from the installed

Well, I guess that clears things up. I can go to sleep, now. :D:thumbup:

Cheers,
    John

• I have been having some issues with my remote at certain times, sometimes while adjusting things for morphing, the remote reboots, also, the other day, no lights were visible on the remote. I did a global reset via the soft button , and it fixed the problem. I had to reassign my three expression pedals again , no big deal, but not sure if others have been having their remotes acting a bit buggy ?

• I don't suppose it would be very useful to open support tickets for these known problems as I probably don't have any info to add to the existing reports.

here's some really important info for you all: if you want you issue to be addressed or help us, reporting here will not help. always report by using the support form on the Kemper Amps website. don't expect us to read something you write here.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• here's some really important info for you all: if you want you issue to be addressed or help us, reporting here will not help. always report by using the support form on the Kemper Amps website. don't expect us to read something you write here.

This! I have done that and after mailing some bugs i received the advice that i can change to my last backup of 3.3.
    Maybe i have reported
    to much like freezing in browse mode, problems with the tuner and so on. Unbelieveable advice.

Cheers
    Frank

• This! I have done that and after mailing some bugs i received the advice that i can change to my last backup of 3.3.
    Maybe i have reported
    to much like freezing in browse mode, problems with the tuner and so on. Unbelieveable advice.

in which way does this relate to what I wrote?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• here's some really important info for you all: if you want you issue to be addressed or help us, reporting here will not help. always report by using the support form on the Kemper Amps website. don't expect us to read something you write here.

Hi @G String, I do realize that!

It's just that in this case, by the time I could finally do a real rehearsal test, the only issues I experienced had already been mentioned here many times. I therefore assumed that they had already been officially reported by other users several times and that, since I don't have any error message screenshots or specific reproduction steps to add, submitting another bug report would do no good. So my post was more of a question to my fellow users: "See anything new here I should bother the Kemper fellows about?" :)

I now realize that either of the above assumptions may be wrong, so I filed bug reports for the issues I saw!