Thin sound!! (again!!! hahahaha... But this time with more research)

• Again,
    DI guitar track from @Cederick there is Real Amp and Kemper profile reamp with my mesa DR and Recto Cab 2xsm57, i also sended this "custom" profile refined with this DI tracks to Cederick. I cant do more :thumbup: , hopw its sounds its matter of taste i like this sound and im 100% sure in the mix fit very good. IMO the riff its also "thin" there is many of things how to made this fatter in the mix like quadtracking guitrars etc..

SAMPLE: http://www.brickwall.pl/johnny/

Stay Metal!

• Thanks! Haha. I will get to this when I have time, it's evenening now with TV series watching time so I guess I'll do this tomorrow, haha.

However I tried SPDIF vs XLR, and I can't hear much difference, just a little more "nasty high-mid" on one of them...
    Can somebody tell which is digital vs "analog"?

Every time the riff is repeated it changes from one of the recording technqies

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I can't help myself, but to me it sounds as if the main difference between your reamp and Sinmix's is the difference in volume. Just raise your clip's volume by a few decibels. Could you have become a victim of Fletcher and Munson?

• So.....No one is gonna mention how much of a psychological factor his professional recorded reference tone that HAS A BASS GUITAR ON IT and drums that don't sound like paper plates makes a difference huh???

• So.....No one is gonna mention how much of a psychological factor his professional recorded reference tone that HAS A BASS GUITAR ON IT and drums that don't sound like paper plates makes a difference huh???

Oh, it has been more than hinted at. However, another similar opinion can't hurt. Hopefully the OP can recognize and appreciate constructive commentary.

• Oh ya.... I see that now....

you can't compare your reamp with no bass and paper thin fake drums to a professionally recorded mix with real drums and a BASS GUITAR that sounds absolutely huge... If you are trying to do a real comparison, you cant compare middle school flag football to the NFL man... Gotta be apples vs apples... I got nothin on the DI problem however...

• I can't help myself, but to me it sounds as if the main difference between your reamp and Sinmix's is the difference in volume. Just raise your clip's volume by a few decibels. Could you have become a victim of Fletcher and Munson?

The volume is definitely different for sure.

Okay but listen here! Now it's level matched, and it's still REALLY DIFFERENT.

Both are reamped with the same profile and SPDIF.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mine is really thin and SinMixs own reamp is full and not fizzy at all

So.....No one is gonna mention how much of a psychological factor his professional recorded reference tone that HAS A BASS GUITAR ON IT and drums that don't sound like paper plates makes a difference huh???

Oh, it has been more than hinted at. However, another similar opinion can't hurt. Hopefully the OP can recognize and appreciate constructive commentary.

Oh ya.... I see that now....

you can't compare your reamp with no bass and paper thin fake drums to a professionally recorded mix with real drums and a BASS GUITAR that sounds absolutely huge... If you are trying to do a real comparison, you cant compare middle school flag football to the NFL man... Gotta be apples vs apples... I got nothin on the DI problem however...

I know that, but because you insist, here's the beginning of the song without drum and bass!
    What you say now?

Original guitar sound I wanna have;

This is SinMix profile with CAB OFF and using IRs in the Cubase

This is the same profile with standard Kemper cab activated. It sounds like a frickin FM Radio

And I'm all for a middy guitar tone... But for this particular recording I want a tone more similar to Grave Digger in the first, which is "kinda scooped"

This is driving me nuts.

Somebody said that SPDIF sucks the tone... But why does it work for SinMix and not me?

• Where is "CAB MAKER"? Somebody suggested me making a cab of that IR.

But it's not on Kempers homepage!!!!

Also, a question regarding that;

When I have switched cab on a profile, I CAN NEVER FIND THE ORIGINAL CAB AGAIN!!!!
    Like, if I change from the stock cab, for something else and saves the profile, that original cab IS GONE. Like totally vanquished.
    Anybody else have this problem ?

• You are still comparing a professionally tracked guitar tone from a record ( with effects on no less) to an unmixed, completely raw guitar tone man??? You have no idea how that guitar tone was Eq'D, tracked, or anything... Don't forget that.

Ill say say the obvious. Maybe you just don't like sinmix'a profiles? No harm no foul. But even less on that point, who's to say all profiles work for a specific mix?? Maybe that tone just doesn't work?? move on to something else profile wise... OR... You seem to like the IR YOU ARE USIING... So use it!?

• Here you are, Cederick. It is on the main Kemper website under Support --> Downloads --> and then you have to click on the sub-menu "Utilities". Here is a direct link:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/11/Utilities

• First one still sounds louder to me. Other than that I hear not that much difference and definitely not a difference that qualifies as "thin versus full and not fizzy at all".

• I Give up! :D but... Iv made today Kemper profile of my Mesa DR Rev.F boosted with my Deviltoy Bee Marshall MF400 cab was used with K100 Speakers miced with Heil Pr20/AT 4040 mic. If you think the tone its still thin and dont sounds like typical thrash tone i give up again, maybe better to use my Savage or 5153 fot that kind of tone but... mesa always sounds good :D Still the same DI track from You!

Stay Metal!

• I Give up! :D but... Iv made today Kemper profile of my Mesa DR Rev.F boosted with my Deviltoy Bee Marshall MF400 cab was used with K100 Speakers miced with Heil Pr20/AT 4040 mic. If you think the tone its still thin and dont sounds like typical thrash tone i give up again, maybe better to use my Savage or 5153 fot that kind of tone but... mesa always sounds good :D Still the same DI track from You!

Stay Metal!

This does sound like what a recorded Dual Rectifier should sound like.
    I've recorded real Dual Rectifier for one my bands albums a couple of years ago, and I remember it being boomy and bassy as hell.
    Nothing I like, but I'm really not talking about getting a ridicolously "fat sound", everybody seems to misunderstand.
    I want a middy sound, but not with that unpleasant fizz and thin bottom I have on every Kemper cab.

Please, look at below;

My IR sounds slightly more like your recording, while I imported that very same cab into Kemper and suddenly it's... You guessed it; THIN AND FIZZY!!!!

:( oh my god this is so frustrating

Here you are, Cederick. It is on the main Kemper website under Support --> Downloads --> and then you have to click on the sub-menu "Utilities". Here is a direct link:https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/11/Utilities

Thanks.

But as you can hear, there's a huge difference!

Original IR in DAW, I remember recording a real Dual Rectifier for one of my albums a couple of years ago, and this totally sounds like a Dual Rectifier should sound like. Of course, this one would need some more high-passing and probably add some treble/presence in the amp section, but that's not the issue right now.

This however, does NOT. It's the same amp with that exactly same IR imported into KEmper! It's fizzy and thin. I mean, how many times do I have to repeat it, all my Kemper cabs sounds like thin fizzy crap :(

There's a reason why I have returned so many times about this, because IT IS AN ACTUAL ISSUE.
    Everytime I tend to be like "well it's maybe just me hearing stuff wrong" but it's clearly and obviously and apparently not! I am mixing two bands at the moment, both which used regular tube amps to record, and none of them had this thinny "quality" to their guitar recordings.

• And I'm all for a middy guitar tone... But for this particular recording I want a tone more similar to Grave Digger in the first, which is "kinda scooped"

Somebody said that SPDIF sucks the tone...

please don't propagate such baseless statements. There is no tonal difference between Analog Out and S/PDIF.
    using an IR that was captured with a tube power amp would result in having the tonal effects of a tube amp <-> speaker interaction twice in series. (one from the profiled amp and one from the IR)
    this will of course result in a more mid-scooped tone.

• I am mixing two bands at the moment, both which used regular tube amps to record, and none of them had this thinny "quality" to their guitar recordings.

since you are obviously in the position to mic and record an amp - why don't you profile an amp yourself?
    now you will have a meaningful A/B comparison, instead of trying to tone match a track.