Just Curious ........ Has Development of the " Profiling / Profile Playback Engine " ceased (?) and is Kemper now only concentrating on features / efx etc ..... (?)

• I'd say that the reason some are clamoring for delays and reverbs is because there are limitations associated with using the one effects loop on the KPA.
    First, you can only send midi messages on Rig changes.
    Second, turning off the effects loop in the KPA doesn't let delays and reverbs trail off.
    There are workarounds to these issues, but they require a whole bunch of cabling and extra equipment beyond simply "having an H9" or other effects, as someone suggested.
    1) You need cables for the effects loop going from KPA to pedal board
    2) You need a midi cable going from KPA to pedal board
    3) You need a power supply for your external devices and/or a power strip on your pedal board
    4) You actually need a pedal board (which you don't need if you have the Remote and were able to get by with just KPA effects
    5) You need a case for your large pedal board (which you don't need if just using Remote)

In short, the beauty of the KPA+Remote is that it's designed to be all-in-one. I would LOVE to be able to use it that way. Just one cable from guitar to KPA, power up the KPA and run a Cat5E to the Remote. Just "including an H9" requires a lot of extra equipment to lug to gigs and twice as much set up time. All for what? because the KPA hasn't developed the Delays and Reverbs that a lot of guitarists these days, even far off things like Spring Reverb! However, the KPA was always marketed as more than an amp. That's why it included a swiss army knife of effects from the very beginning.

• The KPA is the most versatile device I ever played.
    If it is not a really Acoustic Session, I can live with the acoustic simulations.

In former days I had to carry 2 Amplifier (Electric and acoustic), a large effect board, 2 guitars and a lot of cables.
    Today 1 guitar, the Kemper (incl. Remote) a 10 "monitor and 1 reverb pedal, which hopefully I do not need in future. (Next version) Putting up now takes 5 minutes.
    As far as the benefits on the basis of the equipment.

At home I can play with the original sounds (Headphones or very quiet via near field monitor) which is quite more inspirational than the previously standard practice with barely gain and very quiet (or only acoustic with no amp).
    I practice now more than before, because it simply makes more fun.
    I got the impression from feedback, that I have profited a lot. It has affected my Solis at the GIG's. Although I probably will not become a gifted soloist anymore.

My wish for future improvements for playing are already promised (reverbs) so I can look very relaxed what will come.
    I only hope for improvements to manage Cabs and Presets in the RIG manager but I can live with the present situation.

I do not think that it makes sense to proclaim some percentages, which are highly speculative and also probably manipulative.

• perhaps I missed it/them, but I don't know that I have ever seen an official representative statement that feature requests and voting for feature requests would have any direct impact on the future release plan.

There have been at least two cases where the team changed their priorities for responding to userbase's requests. Can't recall them ATM, but I clearly remember having read Eng. Kemper himself's post on the matter.

:)

PS: Placing the delay in any slot is absolutely required in order to play some tunes, such as "Follow you, follow me" where the flanges is fed by the delay's repetitions! :D

• There have been at least two cases where the team changed their priorities for responding to userbase's requests. Can't recall them ATM, but I clearly remember having read Eng. Kemper himself's post on the matter.

:)

PS: Placing the delay in any slot is absolutely required in order to play some tunes, such as "Follow you, follow me" where the flanges is fed by the delay's repetitions! :D

Right, but just because a precedent was set doesn't mean an 'official' statement was made, correct?

• honestly, I think I am just brain dead sometimes. Not sure what my line of thinking was as I now sort of realize I was off on some tangent that right now, makes no sense to me. too many concussions I guess.

• i believe, what christoph wanted to express is that there were 15 years worth of updates and evolution for our synthesizer range so far. of course the hardware got updated every now and then. but the sounds (or the Rigs in the case of Profiler) somebody made 15 years ago still work perfectly.
    the important part here is that we believe in long hardware update cycles. we want everybody to participate in our free updates as long as as possible. therefore we wait until we have very good reasons to update our hardware. it just works better for everybody. more fun for you, less stress for us. in the past, we also released feature updates for discontinued models of our synth. it's a way of saying "thank you" but of course not our primary focus once a hardware update is out.
    as for some comments on "the DSP is maxed out": we built the Profiler with a long product life cycle in mind. there is still plenty of room for improvements and new features. such as alternative and new effects or improvements to other core functions. but this doesn't mean that you can suddenly run 200 reverbs in one Rig, it rather means more variety and higher quality. - don't take this as hints, it is just two random examples -

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here