Questions About Rig Exchange

• Sorry to post here, I still haven't gotten around to registering yet.

I'm wondering about conventions and ettiquette.

I feel like the exchange could be a great resource to share rigs with fx that are dialed in for specific songs but I'm not seeing a lot of song titles. For instance there is only one Eruption and no Cliffs of Dover.

Am I missing something? Like would song titles end up in a tag and I'm not searching properly?

Also, if I tweek a rig and want to share it I feel obligated to credit whoever did the original profile.

What is the general rule of thumb for all this?

• If you didn't create the original Profile, you need EXPLICIT permission from the Profile owner before you post anything based on that Profile. If you're not sure, don't do it.

I think people tend to look at Profiles as "amps + cabinet", whereas a song on a recording would be the whole rig, effects chain and all. For some reason the AmpliFIRE and AxeFX communities tend to focus on presets for specific songs, whereas the Kemper community doesn't.

• Thank you, very good to know.

I'm still new to the concept and idea of the profile being a serious piece of work and effort.

Is there a flag or tag in rigs that can't be shared?

How do I go about contacting and getting permission from authors on rigs that can be? Say I find a rig I like and tweak it for Cliffs of Dover, I would love to share it. Also, what about performances? I'm itching to tackle Spirit of Radio or Changes.

Forgive me for being slow in understanding this, I just want to do some knob twisting and share.

• Profiles in the Rig Exchange should be treated according netiquette. That mean no change of author name , no selling and so on. They are free for use and are there for sharing with the community.
    Profiles of commercial provider are subject of copyright and not a subject to share.

You will find a lot of good profiles in the RE and can spent a lot of time to look for. :) (at the moment 7486 Profiles)

• If you want to share effects, you can store the whole section or sections (Stomps plus Effects), load up one of Kempers stock profiles, then load the effects and then share that Rig. In the comments, you could state whatever profile you'd used originally, then any interested users could load up your Rig, lock the relevant sections, then load the profile you'd based it on.

• guys, please READ the terms on the upload page before you use it. you cannot upload a rig unless you've created it ENTIRELY yourself. here's what it says in the terms and conditions: "You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work."
    of course, you can create your own variation of a rig, change the effects settings etc. you can pass your variation on to others if needed. but we don't want you to upload this modification to rig exchange.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I think this is why the Kemper's FXs are so underrated: a lot of people do not profile amp by themselves, but they tweak existing profiles as hell. But there is no easy way to share that work.

Except by posting on the forum and giving due credit. For example, ... I did this operation with Profile X on RE or commercial profile Y ... And maybe a sound bite and/or a Youtube video... Ahhh! ;)

• I think we are missing out on a completely different level of creating and sharing Kemper sounds.

What if there was a section on the rig exchange, "Gig Exchange" maybe?

You would only be able to post your edits on factory rigs or your own profiles?

As a gigging musician in cover/ wedding type bands I often get huge set lists to learn in a very short period of time.

Having a communal library of rigs or programs that have been fine tuned for specific songs would be amazing.

I would be more than happy to contribute my own work as well.

• guys, please READ the terms on the upload page before you use it. you cannot upload a rig unless you've created it ENTIRELY yourself. here's what it says in the terms and conditions: "You must be the original author of the rig and profile, in other words, please do not upload other people's work."
    of course, you can create your own variation of a rig, change the effects settings etc. you can pass your variation on to others if needed. but we don't want you to upload this modification to rig exchange.

I've shared a rig that I based on the CK zero rig. Do I need to take it down? It was to demonstrate a reverb effect, didn't think there'd be a problem using the "basic" Kemper rig? I left the author name. etc, the same and even on the rig exchange it says that the rig was created by ckemper.

• Except by posting on the forum and giving due credit. For example, ... I did this operation with Profile X on RE or commercial profile Y ... And maybe a sound bite and/or a Youtube video... Ahhh! ;)

Yes, I've already seen these kind of post ... But just thinking about, grabbing the profile on the rig exchange, setting up all FXs and all parameters, this is far from easy for a quick try. It is also complicated to "post" you work : trying to write down all FX with all parameters values.

But on the other hand, i understand the kemper team they do not want to see their rig exchange flooded by the same profile with a little bit more gain, or clarity, ....

• I totally get that that's why I'm suggesting a separate section of the exchange to just handle rigs that are dialed in for a specific song.

I would love to have a choice of 5-10 rigs for "Summer of '69" or any other song I have 2 days to learn.

Sort of like Ultimate Guitar for tabs, a Rig Library for songs.

• t that that's why I'm suggesting a separate section of the exchange to just handle rigs that are dialed in for a specific song.

I like your idea and it would be very helpful. I do not think (and I understand it) that Kemper will change the rule that only Profiler themselves are allowed to upload.
    Nightlights Idea with the zero Rig seemed a good way to share effect tweakings. :thumbup: The status of the factory Rigs I do not know.

Some professional Vendors offers tweaked Profiles and I found it very helpfull to learn some strategies for tweaking. (e.g. Massimo Varini-Tour Rigs, Rigbusters Pink Wall Pack, sweetspot Artist mega pack)

The only way I see at the moment is to name the Rig on RE and make a list of the parameter which are modified. This can not hurt any rules but surely is not very efficient. ;(

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• What about a peer to peer network of some kind where everyone has a shared plublic folder?

Kempster?

Again, I am not advocating in any way using commercial profiles, or using anyone's work without permission, just taking what is already publically shared and available and organizing a database of rigs and profiles modified for specific songs.

• What about a peer to peer network of some kind where everyone has a shared plublic folder?

Kempster?

Again, I am not advocating in any way using commercial profiles, or using anyone's work without permission, just taking what is already publically shared and available and organizing a database of rigs and profiles modified for specific songs.

That's a slippery slope... I understand the intent but expect it would be abused.