Please help me! (surprise... same issue as always... sounding digital and thin and whatever)

• UPDATE!!!!!! 2016-08-28

Please download this DI signal, and reamp with factory rig "OLA - Edvaha"
    https://we.tl/Rt91r0d6ul
    Record in mono, Pure cab OFF, no/0.0 headphone space, SPDIF at 0.0db if you use SPDIF
    Nothing weird, all factory standard settings

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
    ///update

Yeah this is my common "coming back" thread but now I REALLY want to get down with the issue...

Download my file and record the riff with the profile (it's a tweaked Kemper stock TAF profile)
    https://we.tl/nO8bC7LhQj
    Send me a non-treated mono file and I wanna see how it sounds...
    Please use humbucker, if EMG 81, even better. I know other pickups will sound different, but this is not my concern; my concern is the quality of my recordings.
    I think it sounds thin, harsch, digitally distorted and that goes for AAAAAAAAAAALL my profiles.

It sounds better if I turn off the Cab and use IRs instead, they sound much more natural, but I really wanna use the Kemper cabs so I dont have to mes around with IRs all the time.

I do NOT mess around with output EQ or "pure cabinet" or something like that, it's all stock settings without any fuzzle. I use SPDIF connection

I had contact with SinMix regarding my SinMix profiles and his reamps sounded really different than mine, more natural and not as bright and trebly

HEEEEEEELP!!! I'm really getting tired of my Kemper sounding bad || I can't go on year after year messing around trying to get a decent non-digital sounding amp setting...

I've never had this much trouble recording/reamping guitars before. I've recorded with real tube amps like Engls, Randall, Marschall and Mesa Dual Rectifier, and I've never had to spend so much time getting a decent tone, and most of all, I've never had this issue with "digital sounding distortion"

• IMHO it would be far-better and more-scientific to upload a DI recording of your guitar being used for a simple riff or two. If you keep it super-short (less than 1mb), you'll be able to add it as an attachment to your OP.

Secondly, I'd use an unedited, factory Rig, one we all have. This would eliminate the possibility that you've accidentally messed things up somehow or that your Kemper has reacted in some strange way or another to your tweak/s.

That way the files sent back to you, made with the specified Profile, will provide a more-accurate-and-fair comparison for you.

• I reread your post and still can't see how you'd believe that someone else's guitar would be a better source for comparison with someone else's Kemper than your own one (guitar).

You've already indicated, or at least implied, that your guitar sounded good with real tube amps, so it would seem that the problem lies elsewhere.

Surely then, a comparison with how your guitar sounds on someone else's Kemper would be the way to go? What am I missing here; telling me that "it's not the point (thank you)" and that you stated so in the OP has left me confused, Cederick.

Please enlighten this silly monkey...

• Yeah as I said I dont mind another guy using another guitar

I just wanna see if that recording elimiates the annoying digitally sounding fizz I have on all my distortion profiles with Kemper cabs (it sort of goes away with cab off and using IRs instead)

Distortion sense is at 0.0
    I dont have any weird settings on output section

Then WHY does all Kemper sound almost worse than my Roland Microcube? :(

• Yeah as I said I dont mind another guy using another guitar

I still think it would be preferable to go the DI-track-supplied-by-you route, 'cause at least it would eliminate your guitar as a possible "culprit" (I realise this is unlikely), and also provide a nice, apples-against-apples comparison.

Any differences you hear in the resulting reamp comparison will indicate that something's amiss. You won't be left asking yourself, "Are the differences I'm hearing (however minor) due to a different guitar's being used for the forum member's reamping, or are they there because my Kemper's faulty?".

• I still think it would be preferable to go the DI-track-supplied-by-you route, 'cause at least it would eliminate your guitar as a possible "culprit" (I realise this is unlikely), and also provide a nice, apples-against-apples comparison.

Any differences you hear in the resulting reamp comparison will indicate that something's amiss. You won't be left asking yourself, "Are the differences I'm hearing (however minor) due to a different guitar's being used for the forum member's reamping, or are they there because my Kemper's faulty?".

I know how different guitars sounds. I have 6 guitars and it doesn't make any difference in "digital fizziness" if I use different guitars. I have tried other guitars too, all with different pickups, active / passive and stuff...
    That's why I dont mind another guy using his own guitar to record the track.

I just wanna hear a recording, from another guy, on another device, and see if it produces the same digital sounding fizziness.

I would also like to do the reverse: recieve a recording of a simple riff from somebody, with the profile, and then set it up and record it myself and see how different it will sound.

• If you can make a DI clip that's smaller than 1mb, you can attach it by selecting the "More Options" tab below the Reply window (once it's opened).

Easy, peasy, and nothing to lose, much to be possibly gained, brother.

EDIT: Seems we were posting at the same time. Sorry I missed that whilst logging back in etc., Cederick.

Fair enough, mate. I've conveyed my suggestion, and you understood it; that's the main thing.

• You poor fella; it's just not happening for you today, is it? LOL

I know I sound like a broken record, but using a profile from your machine is less efficient, troubleshooting-wise, than getting someone to use a Factory Rig on his / her machine - one that "belongs" there, and then comparing the results with the same, factory-installed Rig on yours.

Nevertheless, this shared approach might still expose things; we've no way of knowing, but the general idea with these things is to try to kill all possible links with your machine from the start - you know - hit it with a hammer first and see which bit wiggles, as opposed to inch-by-inch, tickling the problem with a feather. Arguably the worst analogy I've ever concocted, but I think you get the idea. Why leave the door open, only to "risk" having to refine the test and start all over? As I said, broken record.

I'm not set up to use the Kemper or RM for that matter, and won't be for a while, so, in the spirit of community...

"Roll up, folks, there's fodder for your Kempers in this here paddock!"

• Ok, if you're not up to it I guess I can just forget about it, I dont think people wanna waste any time on this...
    I've even mailed two people I know who have Kemper and they haven't done anything either, so complete unknowns will probably not chime in to help either...

please contact support by email. they'll help you to solve your issue.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here