Best expression for wahwah

• Hi, I use 2 Dunlop dvp3 expression pedals but I'm not very happy with the sweep of this pedal for wha. I have to rock the pedal like hell so my foot gets tired....maybe I'm getting old ....or would the Mission Engineering EP-1 be better for wahwah job

• or would the Mission Engineering EP-1 be better for wahwah job

I had one. For wah it's really about the same as the DVP-3, very similar feel. I didn't like the side input jack on the EP-1, much prefer the DVP-3 and I no problem with the feel or sweep personally.

Gary ô¿ô

• Mission EP1-kp! Use small angled cables. I have the Dunlop Volume X and all though it is an amazing pedal I really missed the on/off function provided by a standard wah. Hopefully the latency with the remote is fixed. The ep1kp itself works perfectly but sometimes the Kemper has latency issues that occur with the volume X and the ep1-kp. The problem occurs with MIDI too.

• Have the DVP3 and felt the same until I changed the Pedal type to '2' in the KPA: System / Pedal 1 / Mode=Pedal Type 2

When I first set it up I though that Pedal Type 1 was the best option, and spent a day being disappointed with the taper of DVP3. Changed it to Type 2 and spent the next two hours wahing and swelling my way to ecstatic oblivion.

• Pedal Type 2 is intended for Yamaha expression pedals, which have different polarity than most other brands. The result is not reverse functionality of the pedal but a different response curve, which might help in this case by accident. Normally it's not recommended.

For me personally the DVP-3 is the perfect volume and morphing pedal, while the EP-1 is ideal for Wah applications giving the classical Cry Baby touch and feel. I use the EP-1 without the switch and automatic activation of Wah effects ("Bypass @ Stop"). Works for me! If you want to use that switch, be aware, that logically the switch gets not directly assigned to the Wah effect, but to one of the Modules of the Profiler's signal chain e. g. C. Consequently your Wah always needs to be placed in that same Module, C in this example.

• you know this may sound ridiculous, but I tried all the wah there was in the Kemper and finally decided to go and get an actual wah pedal to use with the kemper, I got the custome audio electronics wah , it's an amazing unit, same with whammy stuff, I found the digitech whammy DT was the best one to use, and just now have a volume pedal and then the dunlop DVP3 for other types of wah that you cannot get with the regular wah, like for example the one in the kemper that does the same as the WR-3 wah rocker sound and stuff, too many pedals, yes, but it's fun. :)

• The Wah-Settings Thread linked to in my signature...

Wah-settings Thread

... is a comprehensive collection that pulls together all settings offered in it as well as in Don Petersen's thread...

Need Help Setting Up Your Wah in the Profiler? Do You Own a Rare Wah? Let Me Know.

... along with settings I've found in places such as a shared .kpabackup file, a video if the sound's really good and the programmer is willing to share his or her settings, and wherever.

It's main evolution is well-and-truly over now as most bases seem to be covered, but the occasional rare wah turns up that a user is willing to emulate using Don's "white-noise method". He or she then posts the resulting settings (in text form), which I programme as a preset and add to the collection.

If you haven't checked it out, go for it man! That's what it's there for, and don't forget to thank the talented-and-generous community on your way out. :thumbup:

• I currently use a modified cry baby (as an expression pedal so bypassing the wah circuit and no switch) with a couple of Nicky's Wah presets....I challenge anyone to tell the difference, plus other options there as well...very happy!

• Don't get me wrong, V8; I'm very-thankful to you for thanking me, man. It is a lot of work and it's wonderful to be thanked, so thank you!

It's just that I'm very-conscious of the fact that I'm not the content creator, and therefore go out of my way to ensure that this is made clear every time there's a possibility that someone reading a post could assume otherwise.

Thanks again, man. Much appreciated!

• I currently use a modified cry baby (as an expression pedal so bypassing the wah circuit and no switch) with a couple of Nicky's Wah presets....I challenge anyone to tell the difference, plus other options there as well...very happy!

Did the same but ordered a nonlatching switch I'll install to get that functionality in the other jack. Don't see why it shouldn't work.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM