OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• Strange thing happening with the Harmonizer... When you put it in the MOD or X block, and the delay is ON, the pitch is ALWAYS delayed instead of being played together with the basic note. I want the delay on ALL notes, not just on the pitched note. Furthermore, the pitch of the delayed note is way below the pitch I set it to... It's like an octave lower, while I set it top a third up! Anyone had the same experience? Is it bug or can it be helped by change a parameter?

I can't recreate this.
    can you post an example?

• and, the Kemper team recommends we do not use Beta software when performing in public.

No risc no fun. ;)
    I use Beta. But I am not a professional musician and alway have my Vox Tonelab as backup with me.
    As long I did not tweak, just play - I never had an issue at a GIG.
    Just 3 weeks ago during practising - I solved with the support.

• I agree with this. It's unnerving, but I've witnessed computers, as well as automobiles, seemingly respond to the high stress levels of the people controlling them. Very interesting. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the temporary quirky behavior I experience with new installs on my Mac may in some part be related to that phenomenon. That said, the behaviors are real, not imagined, so I still empathize with the frustrations of those users who are handling these types of episodes with less evenhanded aplomb than you or I or the developers.

Ha, this is ridiculous regardless of what some think - electronic machines do not "sense" their users. While it might be true that a nervous user may fumble and hit keys or buttons or discharge static electricity unknowingly but beyond that i am certain that the mood of the user is not going to change the behavior of the device - of this I am 100% sure.

I think the best phrase to understand how this may differ with your observations is the classic statistics education phrase "Correlation does not imply causation"

• No risc no fun. ;) I use Beta. But I am not a professional musician and alway have my Vox Tonelab as backup with me.
    As long I did not tweak, just play - I never had an issue at a GIG.
    Just 3 weeks ago during practising - I solved with the support.

I still got a Tonelab too, and some other stuff just in case, but we want our Kemper all the time with us, except at the beach, in the bathtub, when we are...well, ah, ...whatever. Yeah, good old Tonelab sure was OK in the early days.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I can't recreate this.can you post an example?

Hi Don,
    I put the rig on my website : strange pitch delay
    Listen to the delay sound, the pitch is really low.
    I'm using the latest public beta.
    Please let me know if you can reproduce the problem.
    Cheers.

• With Public Beta I was working on my first performances, deleted one and now I get...

expr=size > 3
    file=./src/rigsql.cpp
    line=57
    func=boot Track.GetIntController(int.const.uint8_1*.size_t,int&)
    swvs="Public Beta 5.0.0.12595B" (CRC=2E68D940)

Every time I boot I just get the error.

• The last rig used (in memory) might be corrupt. My notes say to try this, which should initialize that rig in memory:
    While holding the RIG button, switch the KPA to TUNER to turn it on (keep holding RIG button)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I ran 5.0 this weekend for a pretty big event. Just before one of the songs started that I had to play an important intro for, I looked down at my foot controller and my performances were auto scrolling very quickly stopping at 100. I wasn't pushing any buttons as this was happening. I missed the intro unfortunately, the songs started a bit lame, but we recovered.

My foot controller was not responding immediately so I had to bend down to my kemper head to scroll very quickly back to the correct performance. Then everything was fine.

Is this a 5.0 issue? Has this happened to anyone else?

• 5.0 Froze today.. I was playing around trying out some quite adventurous delay experimentation in performance mode I had a rig loaded. hit the delay module to change to a browsed preset then hit another slot to load an additional delay preset before the amp and it quit responding as I was playing and tweaking some then I completely lost sound and kemper just froze. If I have a chance I will try to reproduce and report.. Turned off kemper and back on and all seemed ok again.

• Also froze error here. When tweaking in performance mode the kpa freezes when storing the performance, remote gets dark. On/ off and it runs again. Had it 3 times in 2 hours yesterday but only when tweaking in performance mode. All other things are ok.

• Same here. Tweaking in performance mode. (some days ago). Even shut down did not work. With power off/on restart everything worked OK.
    Can not tell exactly what I have done . I think it was copy a preset (delay) from a rig in Browser mode and try to paste it in a rig in performance Mode.

• Same here. Tweaking in performance mode. (some days ago). Even shut down did not work. With power off/on restart everything worked OK.
    Can not tell exactly what I have done . I think it was copy a preset (delay) from a rig in Browser mode and try to paste it in a rig in performance Mode.

I only changed a parameter f. e. amp vol. than i hit the store button to safe the performance. Kpa starts to safe but on half way he freezes. Only a complete shut down helps. Support ticket is on the way.

• Maybe it has something to do with Rigmanager.

Haven't heard of a case where it froze without connected to Rigmanager. Am i wrong?

Mine froze sometimes when tweaking performances and being connected to RM. Never when disconnected.

Used it a few times live now... flawless!

Martin

• I gigged 5.0 last night. I have not edited any of my live sounds yet but the delays sounds great in my studio. I am looking forward to trying some of the delays with my stereo acoustic setup next week at a gig.

The only difference I noticed was that the foot controller was not changing sounds as quickly as before. One song in particular has me changing quickly between a lead patch and a clean patch. There was a slight delay in changing between sounds. I have been ridiculously busy for the past few months and have not had the time to read about new features so it might well be that the delay is caused by some clever morphing feature or something that I need to tweak.