OS 5.0 Experiences thread

• reverting back to 4.2 because I'm unsure if the profiler is playing up when trying to capture certain tones.. could be my imagination but for now --- 4.2 it is.

it IS your imagination ;)
    I would appreciate it if more care would be taken in posting suspicions such as this one - especially without providing any evidence.

Posts like this can quickly lead to people believing and repeating what was said.

• it IS your imagination ;) I would appreciate it if more care would be taken in posting suspicions such as this one - especially without providing any evidence.

Posts like this can quickly lead to people believing and repeating what was said.

I get your point and for any user like me, who's waiting for a secure and stable version, it would help to read more about the proven bugs to be able to tell, if tha's a problem I could live with or not.
    But didn't you post on facebook lately that people should not expect too much from 5.0 for it still is in beta fase?

• But didn't you post on facebook lately that people should not expect too much from 5.0 for it still is in beta fase?

It was pointed out on fb that the 5.0 is indeed a beta version and people should be aware of this.

My comment was about a post where the user downgraded because of an perceived issue without sharing any meaningful information or any evidence.
    I wonder what motivation prompts such posts, since they don't provide information that helps other users decide for themselves if they should or shouldn't update to a beta, nor does it provide us with the necessary information to recreate this perceived issue.

It would be nice if users would be more aware of the fact that they reach a huge audience here and on fb, and would act accordingly.
    With a great audience comes great responsibility. :D

• Don't get annoyed because I downgraded , it's not because it's bad it's because I was unsure if there was an issue with profiling. Your response is pretty surprising actually . . .

You say there is responsibility but I'm under no obligation to explain myself given its how I felt I perceived the result but you also have to consider it is a beta. My issue can easily be explained due to what I was doing how I was doing it as I'm always experimenting with necessary doesn't mean that 5.0 is bad because it's not its amazing and for a normal user it's killer but when 99% of people just play and the 1% profile who do I have a responsibility to?

Thanks,
    Dan.

• You say there is responsibility but I'm under no obligation to explain myself

it's a modified Spiderman quote and has a big smilie next to it ;) - you be the judge of how serious this remark needs to be taken.

there is however a kernel of truth to this as well.
    If you found a bug - well, that's both good and bad. It's bad that it exists in the first place, but good that it was found and reported, and we appreciate this input from our users very much, but we need detailed information about the experienced issue.

please pm any further comments on this directly to me.

• This is the thread where issues with 5.0 beta will be brought to light by users. Fixes to any of the issues found by Kemper will be addressed in the next release of 5.0 which hasn't occurred yet. The fixes and updates that occurred when 5.0 was released can be found here https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads under ChangeLog for each release.

• Slightly red faced again, 5.0 seems to be quite the thing and I have gigged it already. As previously mentioned the delays are to die for, already the inspiration for a couple of new tunes :D

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I've worked on, around, with computers since circa 1988. One thing that I have definitely observed is that computers can be 'sensitive' to who is using them. I managed the electronic prepress department of a couple different high-end boutique printing shops that ran computers pretty much 24/7. We normally had about 8-10 computers all in good working order, updated with latest OS, software, etc. Invariably what I observed is that certain folks would have problems with certain computers and not with others, and complain about how they crashed, had bugs, etc. but switch the people around to different computers and the computers would work flawlessly.

I think sometimes it is the Kemper, and sometimes it is the user and sometimes it is a reflection of both and how they are reacting to each other. The best thing you can do when you are having problems is to step back and try to look objectively at what is going on and document it if you can. I highly recommend checking your mental/emotional status too. My guess is the Kemper is no different than the computers I observed and that some are more sensitive than others and sometimes, some people get a bad match between their mental/emotional profile and the Kemper they are using. Not sure how much can be done about that...

• sometimes it seems as if the kemper team doesn't fully appreciate how distressing it is when the central component used to deliver one's art — often in public — displays odd behaviors that potentially compromise the integrity of a performance and erode faith in the device's reliability. personally, the fact for me is that kemper has been as or more reliable than any other gear i've ever owned. but nonetheless those moments where it has .. tested me (and there have been several, on stage) .. those moments can be disconcerting as hell. so i can empathize with owners who occasionally blurt-out a borderline hyperbolic post in their frustration. in most cases, the issues are eventually resolved and the bluster of the communications are dialed-back.

we do fully appreciate your concerns and we know, how issues can influence creativity and performance. that's why we do public beta tests. to iron out the remaining issues and enable ourselves to present you with stable and reliable release versions.

in a perfect world we wouldn't have to run beta tests but then again, we don't have the luxury to inhabit one. so, in order to approve the status quo, we'd like you all to report your findings. even the small things. talk to us because we like your option and hear your concerns. primarily by contacting support by email or through the web form on our home page. post here as well if you like but make sure you don't only post things here because chances are that we will miss your valuable input. the basis of a successful beta tests is always solid reports from you, the testers.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/contact

thanks!

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Strange thing happening with the Harmonizer... When you put it in the MOD or X block, and the delay is ON, the pitch is ALWAYS delayed instead of being played together with the basic note. I want the delay on ALL notes, not just on the pitched note. Furthermore, the pitch of the delayed note is way below the pitch I set it to... It's like an octave lower, while I set it top a third up! Anyone had the same experience? Is it bug or can it be helped by change a parameter?