BOOMING low frequency

• So I "listened" on a different set of speakers and understand your point. That tone is when the gain is low and the amp volume is cranked. It creates that boxy / woofy almost clipping noise you are talking about. Lower the master volume on the amp and it will go away. If it is present in profiles, that is how it was profiled. Just my opinion because who knows what you are hearing.

Edit ***If you hear it with recorded vocals, I have no idea what you are talking about.

• So I "listened" on a different set of speakers and understand your point. That tone is when the gain is low and the amp volume is cranked. It creates that boxy / woofy almost clipping noise you are talking about. Lower the master volume on the amp and it will go away. If it is present in profiles, that is how it was profiled. Just my opinion because who knows what you are hearing.

Edit ***If you hear it with recorded vocals, I have no idea what you are talking about.

What I mean with vocals, is that I hear it going THROUGH a guitar amp that I can also hear it with a guitar.

Not just clean vocals :rolleyes:

But thanks for understanding my point!

To you other guys on previous page: It has NOTHING to do with earwax or anything like that! Others have heard the "clipping/thunder/booming/noisy/artifact" sound... I showed the clip to my girlfriend and she heard it too after a couple of listens.
    IT's not super obviousk, so YOU HAVE TO LISTEN CLOSELY!!!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

As I said I can hear this whether I'm goign through Kemper, Microcube, Gallien Krueger, Bias Amp or even my EVH 5150.

I dont hear it on ALL settings tho! Some KEmper profiles are more or less than others, same with Bias.
    Galilen Krueger is not super obvious either, and Microcube took a while until I could hear the noise.
    5150 is pretty good too tho
    Bias Amp has some settings with super noisy sound, and some that does not have it as much.

• Google the amps you hear with this noise and see if they have a choke or resistor.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ... and then there's the fact that commercial mixes, vocals and so on aren't sounding right for you either, Ceddy.

I mean, it's great that at least something's sounding good Rig-wise, so you'll have something you can play in the meantime (unlike last time!), but what about everything else?

• I'm going to experiment more with this in the next days/weeks when I have time.

Today I was to rehearsal and recorded my 5150 and for some reason I couldn't hear that noise in that amp, no matter how hard I hit the strings.
    But I'm sure I could hear it previous day.
    When recording a punk band in my rehearsal they used my 5150 and then we had that noise going on, but they had fuzz/distortion pedals so I guess that just reinforced that stuff.

I brought my Tacsam US-1641 home from rehearsal and see if it works better than Tascam US-144MKII I use at home

• As said, I didn't get any "crackling/scratchy/noisy/thundering/booming" sound from my 5150 in rehearsal today

Here's a quick test recording!
    Warmoth strat with EMG 81 > EHX Soul Food (boost) > EVH 5150 with completely neutral EQ > SM57

External Content soundcloud.com

I couldnät even get the thunder-sound with hard A chord, which I got easily at home with various amps/settings.

Neutral EQ on EVH 5150 was a terrific idea in my opinion, sounds great!