First Gig with my KPA, Remote and Yamaha DX10

• Hello Kemper friends!

I've been playing guitar for more than 30 years, and I've only used tube amplifiers (Boogie Mark III, Marshall JCM 800, Fender Vibrolux and Framus Mellow Yelllow). Digital amplifiers simply had not produced a good playing feeling!

The Kemper is different. Total tube feeling. I am fully thrilled! Only with the clean sound I still lack a bit of the punch!
    The advantages of the KPA, however outweigh this small disadvantage!!
    Maybe one of you has a tip for a crisp clean amplifier profile.

First I used the Kemper with a Velocity 300 power amplifier and a 1x12 "Egnater Rebel guitar box, which sounded very good.
    On Saturday we played in a local Music Club. I used the Yamaha DX10 live for the first time and I was excited.

Most of the profiles have sounded very authentic. Some profiles I had to tweak a little!

On the photos you can see the KPA, my Music Man Silhoette and my PRS Custom SE 30th Anniversary guitar and my board with a MXR Talkbox, a Line 6 Relay 10, the Kemper Remote and the Yamaha DX10 in wedge position!

Thanks to Ingolf for the good tips about the Yamaha DX10!

Piet Herrmann

http://lastexitband.de/
    https://www.facebook.com/lastexitrockband/

https://www.facebook.com/Undergroundblues

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Skating away on the thin ice of a new day
    Last Exit Rockband

• Thanks a lot to all!!!

Some questions
    Do you have favorite profiles that you use with the DX10? I use some M.Britt profiles that sound quite good. Profiles by Pete Turley, which have sounded well with a guitar box, Sounds full of treble with the Yamaha.

Or is there, according to your experience, an optimal amp / (virtual) box combination for the Yamaha?
    Piet

Last Exit Rockband

• Hi Piet and welcome to the club,

I also ended with the DXR10 (after a pretty bunch of trials) and I'm also still searching a huge clean sound with lot of punch (like my TwoRock CSR100).
    I copied Zap's Rig and will give it a try this evening.

For studio-use I cannot recommend any specific sound (they all are more than convincing) for live use I got my best results with Bert-Meulendijk-Rigs (commercial) and indeed with some TAF-TwoRock-Rigs (also commercial), which I still had to tweak a bit (as I think, due to our relative high stage-volume). My gain-sounds are o.k. but the clean and slightly dirt-sounds (f.e. like Matt Schofield) and their feel of playing is still different. (I'm an "old school" blues player, and would like to know, if any of the prominent bluesguitar-players in the world uses the profiler live on stage).

Though I'm still on my way to reach my sound-imaginations, I can confirm that this piece of gear is as inventive as the electromagnet pickup at that time. I'm playin the guitar for 35 years now and never met anything comparable. And we all here in this forum try to improve it even more.

• Welcome to the forums @PietH! That's a really nice setup!

There is no "best profile" for the DXR, since tone is so subjective. But the DXR is really good for reproducing profiles that are in the Kemper, so I'm sure you'll find something you like.

My top pick for slightly crunchy tone is the Morgan AC20, it's a free profile that gets it right.

• Thanks a lot Hurricane. I feel absolotulety the same. I have also my roots in the Blues Guitar. Play in Blues and Blues-Rock Bands. Now I am in a band whos playing mainly Rock. And here the Kemper is perfect. In the past I play only Pure Tube Amps and a lot of pedals (Strymons, RC Booster and so forth). And to play via a RC Booster into a clean Tube Amp is really great!!! (goes directly into he heart when you know what I mean). This is the only thing I miss a bit. But as I wrote. The Kemper has more advantages.
    I have a Morgan profile from M.Britt. Today I will give em a try! :)

Last Exit Rockband

• Welcome to the forums @PietH! That's a really nice setup!

There is no "best profile" for the DXR, since tone is so subjective. But the DXR is really good for reproducing profiles that are in the Kemper, so I'm sure you'll find something you like.

My top pick for slightly crunchy tone is the Morgan AC20, it's a free profile that gets it right.

Thanks nightlight! I will try the Morgan profiles from M.Britt :)

Last Exit Rockband