Egnater Synergy Syn-1: profiler rival?

• I quote:

"From Egnator:

Here is a sneak peak of the SYNERGY SYN1. This revolutionary device allows you to record authentic all tube tone. Preamps will be offered from legendary amp builders including Friedman, Soldano, Diezel, Fryette, Morgan, 65Amps, Egnater to name a few.

Like your head or combo and just want to add some amazing pre-amp channels? Now you can with the SYN-1! As long as your head or combo has a series effects loop, you can ADD pre-amps channels from your favorite brands to your existing head/combo.

Synergy will be displayed at Winter NAMM - HALL B - in the Boutique Amps Distribution booth.

SYN2 (E2) and SYN5050 (power amp) are both 100% ready and undergoing final testing before we proceed to first production.

SYN1 (E1) final prototypes are being built this week. We changed the overall look and streamlined the circuit boards. We have every confidence once these are built and tested that we can proceed to production.

SYN50 Head / Combo is almost complete. SYN25 is right behind...

8 preamps done 100% and several more in development.

Our goal is to start shipping in March but maybe sooner. We are attempting to launch everything at the same time which is no easy task - but REALLY excited to see it all come together after two years of work.

Website and pricing should be available by NAMM.

I think the SNY2 is a 2 slot rackmount chassis.

There are a few pics on the Gearpage site:

http://www.thegearpage.net/boa…eamps-done-right.1653105/"

Apologies, I stole from someone's post on another forum, but I was on my phone and couldn't find a website with information.

• IMHO, AJ, it's nowhere near a rival to the Kemper.

It's much like our friend, what's his name... the dude who recorded that 3-part series bringing into question the ethics of the Kemper... much like his new amp, except that in this case you buy and choose the (hardware) preamp modules yourself, whereas I think his allows you to reroute the signal internally, remotely, through a huge number of combinations of the included (hardware) preamps, EQ blocks (I think) and power amps.

In both cases, we're looking at hardware implementations. You're limited by the circuits involved. Not so with our beloved Kempers; we can profile anything, including these two units!

• I mean: Randall has tried with the M4 preamp which was a great product but had no fortune at all.
    Randall made the RM series in cooperation with Egnater but once again they seem to have discontinued the product.

IMHO there are smart if you are willing to make a mixed analog-digital rig.
    For example you can use one of these preamps with a Torpedo CAB to emulate the power amp and the cabinet, or an Amplifire for power amp, cab and fx.

EDIT: I meant Egnater made the M4.

• This is nothing like a Kemper.
    Pre-amp modelling has been done before. Heck, we can do that with the Kemper if we want, and much more.
    It's nice to see more options for players but, it's no Kemper rival.