bad luck with SPDIF faulty? help!

• Update.

As you all know I've been through two focusrite 6i6s in a week. Totally cracked it. Ended up forking out for a MOTU 4PRE. So far so good.

The software is a LITTLE buggy and there are work around with windows 10.

SPDIF locking is set to internal through both the motu smpte software and mix control. Obviously @44.1K - which is strange.

I have windows rt driver off.

The software doesn't want to open whilst interface is plugged in via USB. So restart and while the interface is booting up- spam the program to open up and it eventually will- then you can select what you want it do. (Also allowing to adjust the buffer size).

I really do wish the 6i6 worked for me for both the price and navigation of software and hardware because the layout is really good.

Kemper is fine so far but I'll be running live tests throughout the week for another project I'm working on.

I will keep you all posted

• The thing is, there are a lot of recommendations for the Focusrites on this forum. But with two users experiencing problems that we know of, I'm not sure how valid a recommendation it is. SPDIF is really essential if you want to reamp with the Kemper. You can also use analog, but SPDIF is far more convenient and involves less DA/AD.

• @Richard777 gets pops and crackles and you describe in your German thread that you're getting dropouts. Is this the same @Stefans-Kemper? I understood from your original thread, that there are no issues while listening to music though. Only Kemper connected to Focusrite Scarlett makes noise when playing?

Yes, the problem appeared when playing Kemper via Focusrite.
    Meanwhile I use a Native Instrument audio device and there are no drop outs!

• I've been using my Kemper with a Scarlett 6i6 for a few years now without issues.

It certainly pops and crackles on S/PDIF *IF* you do not set the Scarlett Mix control software to 'Sync Source: S/PDIF'. Be aware that it's default state is 'Internal'. On 'Internal' it will pop and crackle.

I normally work in this order:

1. Boot up the Kemper fully
    2. Set Mix Control software to S/PDIF
    3. All done.

Have attached a screengrab of Scarlett Mix Control running under S/PDIF

• Of course the Kemper was set as Master!
    But the Drop outs appeared anyway.