Rig Manager - Performance WHY!!!

• I suppose that the Rig Manager could use improvements. I would like the ability to switch cabs from within the software for example. If we could also demo cabs on the Rig Exchange, that would be great.

But I think by classifying Rig Manager as "the worst", it is a bit misleading. It is a good bit of software from my experience.

I would just like more functionality within it approaching an editor for the Kemper.

• Just one short remark. :!:
    It's legal to report troubles and wishes for development.
    But its not a good discussion style to make a general derogatory statement against a product.,
    This surely will not help to improve. ;)
    My 5 cents!

Well, maybe this happens because most of the Kemper Officials write again and again that RigManager has
    no problems at all.

• Well, maybe this happens because most of the Kemper Officials write again and again that RigManager has
    no problems at all.

stefan, why don't you just sit back and tone it down a little? what you say in post #4 is simply not true. and the way you voice things makes it hard to say nothing. maybe it's a language thing but that's the way it comes across. nobody wants to relay that everything is all sunshine and perfect but at the same time it is not as bad as you make it sound. it is software, so let's sit down and improve it.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've had COUNTLESS issues with Rig Manager. And the simple fact that SO many users report issues with it, shows that it's not just a simple user error.

Here's one of the errors that I experience EVERY time I've used Rig Manager (regardless of the version, or the Kemper OS version). I have a performance that has 5 different rigs in 5 different slots. But, if I decide that I want to put a new rig in slot #2, I open up a 2nd window (as instructed by the manual) and I then drag and drop a rig onto slot #2. Simple enough. BUT, as soon as I do that, Rig Manager in it's infinite "wisdom" decides to automatically rename slot #1 and slot #1's amp name to whatever slot #2 was changed to when I dropped the new rig in it. I've posted videos of this in the past (nearly a year ago). So it's not something new.

I've also found that unless I specifically double-click on another rig after making changes to a rig while in Rig Manager, nothing saves. I could hit the "store" button 3 times and then it'll just revert back to the original rig. Even if I hit store "entire performance" during that process. The only way the changes to a rig saves for me is if I make the changes, and then double-click to another performance, and then double-click back to the rig that I just changed.

So this isn't asking Rig Manager to do something that it wasn't intended to do. It's simply a case of the software being full of issues. I understand Kemper doesn't want people to be saying negative things about Rig Manager, but considering how many people have raised issues with it, and how often these issues come up, maybe it's time to devote a little more R&D time into either really fixing it, or creating a new platform that just works.

The Kemper itself is PHENOMENAL! So I think that just magnifies the poor performance of Rig Manager, because when you have something as great as the Kemper and then you pair it with something that has so many issues, the contrast becomes more apparent. It's kind of like buying a $200,000 car and putting $80 tires on it.

• I've had COUNTLESS issues with Rig Manager. And the simple fact that SO many users report issues with it, shows that it's not just a simple user error.

Here's one of the errors that I experience EVERY time I've used Rig Manager (regardless of the version, or the Kemper OS version). I have a performance that has 5 different rigs in 5 different slots. But, if I decide that I want to put a new rig in slot #2, I open up a 2nd window (as instructed by the manual) and I then drag and drop a rig onto slot #2. Simple enough. BUT, as soon as I do that, Rig Manager in it's infinite "wisdom" decides to automatically rename slot #1 and slot #1's amp name to whatever slot #2 was changed to when I dropped the new rig in it. I've posted videos of this in the past (nearly a year ago). So it's not something new.

I really was hoping that it is something old. Changes in slot 2 going to slot 1 is something that was supposed to be fixed in Rig Manager 2.0.17. Did you experience this problem in exactly that version? In Windows?

• Rig Manager is excellent at exactly that : managing Rigs. Managing Performances, not so much. I do my Performance set ups and editing on the Profiler itself. For me, it's about not knowing when something is saved and where. Is it saved on the Profiler? Just in Rig Manager? Is it saved at all? If I click this Rig to preview it, will it update my Performance in the Profiler, that I don't necessarily want to update? Too confusing to have two different states, two different destinations and two different workflows (now I suddenly have to start hitting Enter on the keyboard?). I'm sure that in time, it'll become more streamlined with regards to Performances, editing and functionality. For now though, I use it exclusively with Browse state enabled on the Profiler.

• I look at Rig Manager as an advance librarian and have not been disappointed. I guess if you are trying to stretch capabilities because you would prefer an editor, then there will be problems.

One irritation is that you cannot upload directly to Rig Exchange though. I had to put profiles onto a USB drive and then back to the computer. Is there a way around this?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• And again a problem:
    Made a new performance with 2 rigs in RigManager via Copy and Paste.
    They are visible in RigManager. (Picture 1)

In the Kemper there is shown soemthing really different. (Picture 2)

Edited 2 times, last by music ().

• Hi,

this drag and drop thing with a second window is working on my side

I use this procedure

Highlight an empty performance number in folder performances "my profiler"
    Right click mouse, create a new performance
    Name the performance in inspector field
    I open a second window
    Highlight a rig an hold it with my mouse, drag and drop in slot one of my new performance in window one.

I fill up all 5 slots.

Than i make an double click of another existing performance (kpa is still in performance mode), because the kpa do not load up the new created performance when all slots are filled up.

The other performance is shon in my kpa display.
    Than i go back to the new performance

Doubleclick on it and the new performance is shon in the display of the kpa.

Than i store the new performance in kpa.

Nothing is renamed or changed in a slot.

Strange, but it works, please try it and let me know if it works for U2

but another strange thing comes up

have you ever tried do delete a folder in rm when two windows are open?

I tried it two times to recreate the first crash and both times the rm crashes

cheers
    Frank

When i restart rm and didnt open a second window i can delete a folder. So i think it's the second window thing that crashes rm when trying to delete a folder.
    WIN 7 i5 processor

Edited 2 times, last by Eltzejupp ().

• Yes, it works.
    Not really easy to use, this software.

• Weird Performance managingHere you wrote, it is not fixed? I did not dare trying, yet... Can I?

You should add "Performance mode" keyword. I had close to none issues with Rig Manager, but I don't use Performance Mode, which causes most errors in KPA.

I'm able to use Rig Manager, but I basically have to MacGyver my way around in it (while in Performance mode). So while it's usable, it's not even close to idea. I shouldn't have to constantly try and find ways to get around issues with it. There are way too many glitches in Performance Mode. I posted in another thread somewhere, the things I do to get around rigs mysteriously moving or renaming themselves. A lot of it involves double clicking (and still renaming at some point). So while it works, let's just say whenever I realize I need to make changes to my performances or add new rigs to performances, it reminds me of the feeling I get when my phone reminds me that I have a dentist appointment.