M Britt Rig Transfers

• Hey guys!

Day 1 with the Kemper and ... wow!

I am keen to get the M Britt profiles into my Kemper, but am a little unsure how. I was under the impression I could put it on a UBS and import them that way - my kemper comes up with a message saying something like 'not necessary at this time'.

If anyone could give me any pointers, I would be eternally grateful.

I have updated the OS, too.

Cheers!

• Welcome, Alex! I'm Suhr you'll be happy with your new beastie, mate.

Yes, @digbob is right. Probably best to create a folder called "Rigs" within the Shared folder, and place them in it, just for the sake of good housekeeping. If you keep a zipped copy of the stick's contents on your 'puter as a backup, you'll be able to add FX presets, cabs and whatnot in future, all with their own appropriately-named folders. This could come in handy if you ever need to wipe the unit clean for whatever reason, or accidentally delete cabs, presets or Rigs. The same thing can be accomplished via the Backup / Restore function too, which creates a single file that only the Kemper reads / writes.

The Kemper creates these folders I suggested you make for its own use when you do a manual backup from the unit ("Backup / Restore" function; the folders appear within the .kpabackup file, which Kemper would prefer you don't unpack), so IMHO it's best to reflect the same layout the Kemper uses, but in this case, where we've discussed - just within the Shared folder on the "main" part of the stick - not in the .kpabackup file (you'd have to decompress it and so on, and Kemper recommends we not touch those files anyway). In one way or another, it'll minimise confusion down the road should you start messing around with adding FX presets, cabs and so on.

Hope this helps, mate. If it's confusing to you, don't worry; that's normal IMHO. You could just stick(!) to Rigs for now. If you install Rig Manager, that might be the ticket if you'd prefer to avoid using a stick altogether, although you'll not be able to add cabs or FX presets (except for when they're contained within Rigs) without using one.

• Thanks Monkey_Man! That's great additional info. Appreciate it buddy! 8)

• Hey, my pleasure, bud.

I'm just sorry it ended up being so long-winded. I wanted to make sure you didn't mess with any .kpabackup files you made from your machine, but felt it "proper" to copy the various folder names that it uses... for consistency's sake and so on.

Hope it didn't confuse you too much, man.