Using one Kemper with two guitars with different output level

• Dear Kemper Fans!

First of all, please accept my apologize, if my questions has been answered already in this forum. If so, I am terribly sorry, I couldn't find a detailed answer.

So my issue is basically very easy:
    I use one Kemper and I mainly plug in my Musicman Luke III, which has high output. For the live situation I'd like to be prepared for problems with a second guitar, which is a Strat with "normal" single-coil pickups. It has significantly less output and so all my presets are basically not loud enough.

Question: how can I realize a a solutions that allows me to quickly change between two guitars and get the same output level? Do I have to have two sets of 24 Performances (24 for the Luke and 24 for the Strat) or is there a more elegant way?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kind regards

Markus

• I have a similar situation.
    Someone may correct me for being wrong here but this works for me:
    Save an input "setup" for each guitar adjusting the clean and distortion sense accordingly. This should get the input gains somewhat the same between guitars. Doesn't account for tone differences between guitars but then plugging your strat into a marshall stack then swapping to a les paul and tweaking the gain is no different in a "traditional" setup.
    Having said that, using another digital-amp-modelling device, I have a second/duplicate set of patches with gains and tones adjusted to suit the different guitars, only because it doesn't have the "input config" saving ability that the kemper does, which results in twice the work when creating a new sound.

• I'm in the same boat. There's no easy way that I can find other than maintaining a complete set of patches for each guitar or going to the amp and fiddling with the Input settings when you switch guitars.

I suspect I'll end up getting something that levels the input before going into the amp.

• you can create input section presets for each guitar that you plan to use.
    Set the values for clean and distorted sens accordingly.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you can create input section presets for each guitar that you plan to use.
    Set the values for clean and distorted sens accordingly.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This influences the different dynamic behavior of different guitars/pickups. But a tonal adaption via Input-presets is not possible though often necessary. I'd prefer pault's advice (see above) especially for live-use.

• If you are onstage, break a string, and need to change guitars very quickly, changing to another Performance bank can be done "by foot"

I support this advice.
    Changing the guitar change also the sound character of the rig a little bit.
    The input preset is good to have same volume but not the same sound.

• A better solution would be a global boost with some toneshaping options (like the Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, but in the Kemper). I had a similar question but have not found a satisfying answer.

Dist Sense and Clean Sense do not the same trick as a booster or hotter pu, when stomp boxes are integrated into the rig or with light crunch sounds (my experience so far and how I understood the manual). Maybe a (locked) preset of pure boost or EQ stomp with added gain may work for you (activated when changing to strat).

• Dear all,

Firstly, many thanks for your kind advice!

Of course, a Musicman LIII has a different sound than a standard Start and that is ok - I like this. So my intention is not to have the same sound or the same amount of distortion.
    At the end of the day however, I need the same sound volume on the output - regardless of which guitar I connect.

So I think, my solution would be a possibility to store e.g. 3 to 4 different guitar-specific output volume settings and - ideally - change them via the remote control board. Plug-in a different guitar - push one or two buttons on the remote - done :)

Or maybe even an automatic increase or decrease of the output volume setting if I connect a different guitar. Science fiction? Maybe ;)

Dear Kemper Product-Managers: do you have a wish-list? If so, please take a note :)

Kind regards, Markus