My first Live playing with band with Kemper

• Guys,
    Yesterday evening when the first live playing with Kemper with my band.

I kept the Kemper at home for few weeks to find good profiles, adjust effects, make presets and find the the good match cab / amp for me.
    It took me a wild to find a good set-up match Kemper / amp / cab.
    i tried, tube with 2x12 cab, PA powered Loudspeaker and finally end up with Mission Gemini 2

So yesterday i arrived earlier at the band studio,
    i removed my huge pedaldoard with the complex cables path.
    Removed my MEsa Dual Recto amp with 2x12 V30 closed cab, i sold it to my brother

No more tube amp
    No more stompbox, rack mount effect, etc...
    none , nada anymore

put in place the Mission Gemini 2
    the kemper on top
    remote on floor and 3 effects pedals.

My brother look at me and said now only that??? much more space of the floor, almost no cable.
    He look the toaster and said, ``this is Ugly, it not look like a amp``

than i switch it ON and say ``Listen now``

I switch to an Tom Petty preset (Running down a dream) and we started the song.
    My bassman look at me and told me ``man this sound exactly like it``

Than i change to more hi-gain profile to play more hard rock sound,
    i had to tweak a bit the presence and mid since i was playing more loud with the band vs at home in my small room.
    Some preset wasn't as good as at home, need a bit adjustment, some others was on the other hand better than at home.

Bring 3 guitars
    trying different style, different set-up, different profiles.
    Some Pink Floyd preset i made ``Run``

My band guys was blow away about the clarity and the precision of my tone,
    and how easy i can switch from a style to an other for different kind of distortion level and tone (different amps and set-up)
    all in one little box

than i connected my lap top to the kemper, i show them how easy it is to navigated in the rig Manager and having 12,000 choices of amps profiles.
    selected one i like for a type of sound and play, that it

First try for real

it was a success all the way.

That was my little story of last evening with my band with new Kemper setup.

• Fantastic, welcome to our world.

I love the versatility and ease of the KPA. Like you I had a big valve Amp (ENGL) and massive pedal board, 4 cables ( effects loop, power and guitar in ), a right mess.

I also hope you thanked Tom Petty for such a great song :)

• What was very funny was to watch the face of my drummer when i put the Kemper (none rack mount style) over the cab.

He is so used to see Mesa head, Marshall head, Fender Twin, Vox, type of amp like that.

He told me: `` This amp head is Ugly``

i told him: ``it is not a amp, it is like a computer`` ``the amp is in the cab, in fact 2 amps class D for stereo``

He look at me with a weird face....

that what so funny

he was very skeptical, after few songs played he told me ``this is hot, very empress, Studio sound quality``

Yup ! the reason of this big change of gear.

My drummer have a second band, they play only Beatles song (they are very good)

The guitarist of that band (i know him, he got many amp and guitar), he told my drummer , he don't like complicated thing, kemper seam complicated.

I kind of agree with him, he took me 1 month to get use of the Kemper, and even now, i still go to the wrong or hit the wrong button to do what i want.
    But after getting the logic of how it work, it is not so complicated at the end.

anyway, that was so funny to see and hear.

• Watch and see how many follow in your footsteps. If it sounds good, they will follow!