5.5.0.13341 Public Beta discussion

• Would it be possible to use a y cable on the direct send to allow stereo monitoring with the monitor out as well as still have the option of the effects loop of the Kemper using the return like normal. I would love to have both stereo monitoring as well as use of the effect loop.

The jack itself would have to be a stereo one, and AFAIK, it isn't, something that can't be altered with software.

• are you seriously posting a sample rate comparison on soundcloud also know as one of the worse sounding file streaming services available? the stream at 128 kbps and rumours are that they recently changed to a 64 kbps Opus codec for playback. please makes the files available in a linear format instead.

the direct output is a TS output-how would a software update be able to turn that into a stereo output?

Hi!

I apologize because this is off-topic. But I think this is anyway the right place to post this.

I am pretty shocked about the tone of the comments of hjscheffler and G String, representing the Kemper GmbH (according to their Kemper GmbH tag).
    Both comments point out that forum members said something really dumb. From a customer experience perspective, being showcased in this way in a forum, is an absolut no go and unacceptable. You should in any interaction value the customers input and take the opportunity to educate them, without making them look stupid.

The communication in this forum often goes out of control and everybody representing Kemper should be an example and set a standard for respectful, understanding and professional communication.

cheers,
    Karsten

• Well, reading these posts again I don't feel they contain any hint of disrespect or lack of value.
    @hjscheffler pointed out the obvious, and @G String informally asked @Dean_R to post files in another less degraded format.
    So please elaborate on what's shocking ?

• @Ingolf, are you seriously implying that the use of are you seriously by GString doesn't convey any slight hint of disrespect ?
    The tone of the comments by the moderators around is very often boogie woogie, you like it or you don't, but don't pretend it doesn't exist.

are you seriously posting a sample rate comparison on soundcloud also know as one of the worse sounding file streaming services available?

respectful would be: Thank you for uploading the files to soundcloud. Unfortunately, soundcloud recently changed to a 64 kbps Opus codec for playback. It would be great if you could make the files available in a linear format instead. We recommend using XXX.

the direct output is a TS output-how would a software update be able to turn that into a stereo output?

instead of expecting the customer to know what TS is, this is an opportunity to educate the customer and tell him/her what TS is and what this means. It's also an opportunity to explain again, how the stereo output is supposed to work
    Answering with a question like "how would...?" is just demonstrating that the customer does not understand the basics. It's just not nice if you don't know the person you are talking to very well. For company communication it's just not professional.

the outcome of this post is: no knowledge gained, feeling ashamed of asking a stupid question and not knowing the basics. the customer still does not know how to output stereo.
    the outcome of this post could have been: teach how to use the stereo output, give some inside knowledge, satisfied customer.

• Would it be possible to use a y cable on the direct send to allow stereo monitoring with the monitor out as well as still have the option of the effects loop of the Kemper using the return like normal. I would love to have both stereo monitoring as well as use of the effect loop.

I really doubt you will be able to do that unless you use a signal spliter, one mono to two mono. I have one of those, once I get around to it I'll try and report back The one I have is nothing fancy just a short cable 1/4 male to 2x 1/4 female for less than ten dollars made by Hosa.

• The way I see this is just an informal way of communicating. With all due fairness, G string asked politely and actually said "please make the files available in a linear format instead".

I understand being here for a couple of years, that the moderators see the forum as content that others will read and research so they attempt to really do their job and have a friendly informal environment with some expectation of decent content as the forum overall represents the company.

Ultimately, I see it as ,"their house, their rules" and hopefully, they end up with a community or a forum that for the most part,is tolerant and professional with the understanding of the occasional tongue and cheek comments being inevitable , other times disagreements and some virtual scuffles even.

So sometimes we can all use thicker skins by being able to see some humor in even "dumb mistakes",, "brain farts" or simply not knowing something and learning without really feeling "stupid".

• FWIW, forgot to add that @hjscheffler and @G String are the nicest people, communication in forums is difficult sometimes.

I am sure they are.

The moderators have a special (very difficult) role as they always set the tone for the forum.
    Especially from Kemper GmbH the focus should always be to help and provide useful information, independent from the knowledge level or tone of a customer.

The KPA is great, but customer service (and the forum is part of it since KPA takes part) is an important part of a product that can create a long lasting connection and turn each customer into an ambassador of KPA.
    You often don’t just buy a product. You choose if you can identify with the brand and the community.

In my opinion there is room for improvement.

• Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for the support. I did not know what the connector type was for the direct send so I asked the question about the changes with the update. The response that was given does not make me feel in any way less intelligent or stupid for that matter. Sometimes you just gotta ask no matter what... the answer you get is on the person who provides it. This is a forum after all, no harm done.

Cheers,

• no harm intended, no harm done! If you would have felt offended I would have apologised.
    now back on topic please

• As an aside from the SPDIF Sample Rate Wars, does no-one else feel that:

"added: UI to MIDI allows to transmit all sound relevant parameters of the Profiler user interface via MIDI to for example establish a MIDI daisy chain of multiple Profilers"

Allows changes on the Kemper unit front end (knob turning) to be related back to another device via MIDI i.e. an editor?

Just feels like an initial step in that direction, since I know a few people on here have more than one Kemper but it can't be that big a feature request to daisy chain units.

• ...or maybe allowing Rig Manager to communicate with more than one Profiler at a time, using MIDI Thru...?

• I really doubt you will be able to do that unless you use a signal spliter, one mono to two mono. I have one of those, once I get around to it I'll try and report back The one I have is nothing fancy just a short cable 1/4 male to 2x 1/4 female for less than ten dollars made by Hosa.

That would only give you the mono signal two times. You could still make it a stereo signal if you use stereo effects after the Kemper, but the Kemper itself would still be mono.

• Just feels like an initial step in that direction, since I know a few people on here have more than one Kemper but it can't be that big a feature request to daisy chain units.

But it only takes ones high-profile user to make the request...

those third-party editors that are knocking around use midi to communicate forth and back with the Profiler.

Correct. Plus those 3rd party editors and foot controllers already have access to all the sound-related parameters via NPRN parameters.